Fairfield University Top Questions

Klevisa

While I do not have any regrets from my time in college, there could have always been room for improvement. I would advise myself to focus more on gaining professional experiences through outside work or internships. I would have begun doing internships earlier in my college career and have made better use of the alumni in finding such opportunities. I realize now that a professional career begins when one steps onto a school - the search for jobs in a related field begins right away. I will take this adivce with me to graduate school in the next year. Aside from that, general advice I would give to students is to take advantage of the courses that they take by studying thoroughly and retaining the knowledge that they learn. Additionally, I encourage students to seek opportunities out of their comfort zone in order to grow, learn more, and to fully take advantage of their time in college. Examples of such opportunities include study abroad semesters, internships, and definitely meeting or making friends with diverse people who are different from you. College is the place to learn, grow, and expand your perspectives vastly. Make the most of it.

Daniela

Dear high school self, I know things have not always been as easy as you would have liked them to be, but know two things: one is that you will succeed in anything you set your mind to, and two, I wouldn't ever think of changing anything about yourself or anything you do in that matter. As these years go by every little mistake you make along the way will teach you something new, even if you don't realize it right then and there; it becomes a learning experience to say the least. You may have insecurities at times and may be confused by many things, but at the end of the day you end up making your own destiny. Also, don't worry, all the hard transitions you've had to make throughout these years, originally moving from Ecuador to the U.S, to many different states and towns, end up building you up to become the well rounded young lady you are today. I want to congratulate you in advance for being the first one in your family to attend college and for being accepted into your top choice school, Fairfield University. Congrats! See you soon!

Gustavo

College life is much easier when you develop good studying habits. I struggled on my first years as a college student due to the lack of self-discipline, which caused a major delayed on my college career. If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior, I will talk about what happened after graduation as a result of the lack of study habits. Do not let failure disappoint you because it will only lead you to more failure. I was disappointed at myself because of the horrible grades obtained during my second year of college and decided to drop. It took me ten years after high school graduation to obtain my Associates degree when it should have been only two. Finally I will tell my young self how important sacrifice is to obtain your goals and how important it will be for my two boys to have a father with a college degree.

College is very unpredictable. Before attending a new school, most people are nervous because they don't know what to expect. However, college has a funny way of making everything end up the way it was supposed to. That is why if i were to give myself advice as a high schooler it would be not to choose my roommate if given the option of getting a random roommate. People often seem to connect with people they never thought they would ever be friends with. When people choose their roommates it is either based on already knowing them or from social media. It always seems that the people who choose random roommates benefit the most from doing so. I am not saying that two random people being paired together will become best friends, although they might, but they will help each other grow and figure out the people they want to be. In many cases people choose roommates and end up not getting along for various reasons. My advice is to let life run its course. Let college be a new beginning and as long as you allow it, everything will turn out the way it is meant to be.

Pamela

Be prepared for the unexpected and make decisions based on practicality for the long run. These two pieces of advice are crucial to surviving at the collegiate level. To be prepared for the unexpected means that many things will not go your way. The printer will stop working ten minutes before your essay is due, you will stay up studying all night for a test that gets cancelled, you will lose in the championship conference game, and you might even lose a part of your dignity when you incessantly call your mother to ask her how to do your laundry. However, everything will get completed somehow. The second piece of advice is to be realistic. College is expensive. My school all together including room and board is just under $60,000. No matter how much you love a school, the loans you accumulate might be detrimental in the future. There should be no price on your dreams, but in this economy you need to be realistic, and choose a school that is the perfect fit for you in all aspects. You do not want to end up wondering if you have to leave the school you love for financial reasons.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, I would tell myself three things about college. First: Be yourself, and don’t pretend to be someone you’re not. After my freshman year, my friend group drastically changed, as I realized the people I had met were acting a particular way just to make friends, but my true friends were made over time, when I found people who had the same values and interests as I did. There is no need to rush a friendship it will come naturally when the time is right. Second, don’t be afraid to meet with your professors. The professors want to form relationships with the students to help them through their educational journey, and they are the best resources to go to whether you’re struggling with class material or need career advice. They are there to guide you, and you will need their assistance when you’re ready for independent studies or letters of reference, so start making these relationships early on. Finally, embrace every opportunity that comes your way, because there is no telling what will come from every small step you take to better your future.

the advice i would give myself is enjoy your last year of highschool because once you get to college you have to do everything on your own. you can call home when something goes wrong, you have to figure it out yourself. i would have taken college classes in highschool so you know what the work load is like. i would say learn how to save your money because college life will make you broke. i transition really well into college but for most people they didint so i would say try staying away from home for a couple of days and see how you like it. the last advice i would give myself is develop time mangement skills and know how to study because studyng is diffeerent when you get to college.

If I could go back in time to my senior year in high school there are many things I would like to tell myslef. I would advise my high school self to enroll in classes that could help me with my major in college. Taking an economics, or an accounting class during my senior year would have really helped me better understand the material in my intro level classes now. I would also tell myslef to enjoy the short class times while you still have them. Although you take less classes in a day, each class is really long and can get boring. I would also like to remind myself to have fun with my high school friends as much as possible because you won't see them for a while. Yeah, you make new friends, but it takes some time and the first couple of weeks of college are tough because you dont know anyone. So enjoy the best year of high school by having fun with your friends and not stressing the small stuff because all the small drama disapears in college, and you get a fresh start.

Malgorzata

If I could go back to highschool and give myself advice, it would be to makes sure that I enroll in the school that fits me and the future I want to have. Because college is a time to grow and answer questions about vocation and the person you want to become, finding the school that best fits your views, passions, and future goals is essential. These are the four years of life that you can use to yourself, college is the best time to recreate yourself, to find your true vocation. I would also stress the importance of setting goals so that I know what I am trying to accomplish within the growing period that college allows for. In terms of transitioning to college level academics, I would stress the importance of time management, organization and to explore all possible majors that fit my interests before choosing one.

As a high school senior, I obsessed over the unrealistic and unattainable goal of achieving the "perfect" college experience. I envisioned buildings draped in ivy, students in preppy clothes lying on the quad chatting with friends, and lecture halls filled with eager students feverishly taking notes. As I began my college search process, I realized that the characteristics I had attributed to my "ideal" school were not really "ideal" for me, and I agonized over the choice of going where I thought I should go, or going where it felt right. I would tell my high school self to ignore the preconceived notions of what a college should be, and instead be open to the possibility of going to a school that simply feels right. I have thoroughly enjoyed my past three years at Fairfield, and I can't wait for senior year to begin this fall. I attend a 60-year old university with no ivy in sight, our quad has an equal number of hipsters as prepsters, and I routinely have less than twenty students in my classes, and I can't imagine going to school anywhere else.

Kathleen, continue working hard because it will only get tougher. Also learn how to build tolerance and see things from defferent perspective. For example don't be afraid to be friends with the gay and lesbian because you never know if you will have someone like that as your roomate for your first year. And whatever you do, don't panic or stress yourself if you encounter difficulties, as there are people who are there to help you. Good job in not being easily influenced by your friends, you will that strong will more than ever to not do things that can destroy your future. Finally enjoy the ride as well by becoming involved in which ever school you choses. From your future self

The advice I would give to myself is to always stay true to who you are. Do the things you love but do not regret the things you did not do. Make sure you make friends that will last a lifetime and not friends who won't be there for you in the future. Learn from your mistakes and do your best to succeed at everything.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that the transition is not something to be nervous about. I would tell myself that people are going to be in the same situation as me, making the transition, and everyone is just as eager to make friends. I would tell myself that staying organized is the key to success, and the college workload doesn't have to be as stressful as it could be. I would tell my high school senior self that change is a part of life and that this change is for the better. Knowing what I know now about college life, balance is really important.

Relax and have fun. Do not worry on the small stuff and make sure you get your homework done.

Dear Zach, This is college Zach. You are in college. You are transferring from Pima Community College to the University of Arizona next semester. You still have the best family and friends you could ever ask for and are loving life. You decided you wanted to teach Math! My advice is this: listen to your heart. By listening to your heart, you finally realized that you wanted to teach math “when you grow up,” and it was the best decision you have ever made. Keep it up. Life is so very tough and at the same time so fragile. The only way to really be happy and alive is to let your heart lead the way. I’ve seen a few things in the past years that have damaged our innocence. When you get there, keep your head up and don’t let the bad things in this world bring you down. Go home every week to have lunch with your Mom and Dad, they miss you. Oh, and ask her out already! I have a feeling she will say yes. Sincerely, Zach

Domonique

Dear high school Domonique, Congratulations on your acceptance to Fairfield University! Here are few tips that I encourage you to follow throughout college: 1. Study! Study! Study! I think you already know this but sometimes you can be a social butterfly. Just know that your social life is not going to crumble if you miss one event and in the end it will pay off. 2. Don’t be so hard on yourself. While you want to do your best in college and make your family proud, it is also important that you do not stress out about every grade. Your family is already proud of you and knows how hard you work. 3. Try new things. This is the time to find your voice and what you stand for. Take on different academic challenges, eat lunch with someone who holds different values from your own, or attend different speaking events. And 4. Take time to enjoy every moment. These 4 years are going to fly by and you are going to want them all back. College is going to bring so many new experiences and people into your life, so take the time to live in each moment!

Veronica

If I could go back to advise myself, I would have told myself not to be as cocky as I was when it came to my grades. In my highschool I was part of the top ten in my grauduating class and I took that to my head. If I had known this, I wouldnt have came to college so cocky and would have trued ALOT harder[ in my classes. I tried hard in my first semester but it was not as hard as it should have been. I took everything for granted and didnot study as hard as i needed to so that I could make sure I passed my classes with As and Bs. Other than advising myself about the course work, I everything else is part of the whole, college experience.

I would tell myself to take more college credit classes and to also save as much money as possible to pay for my books and schooling.

My advice is to be more involved in things as both a senior in high school as well as in college. It looks good on college applications, and while in college, it keeps you busy. The worst thing is to have too much free time on your hands. This is when you start to miss home and by keeping busy, you will not be as homesick. I would also suggest that when you get to college, introduce yourself to everybody. It is the best way to make friends as well as connections that will benefit you later. It is always good to have a variety of friends, each benefiting you in their own ways and it is also another way to feel more at home will in a new place.

Lilliana

I would say to myself to start taking life more seriously, and start thinking about college. I would tell my senior self to start looking for scholarships and for many more ways to pay for college. Prepare myself mentally and physically to enter college in a positive note.

Sandanie

In high school, all I could think about was being in college. I could not wait to get away form my family. I was so ready to be on my own. Now that I have already finished a semester, I have a completely different mindset. I love my college life and all my friends here, but it isn’t home. I don’t have my mom cooking me my favorite foods and if I am sick I don’t have her to take care of me. It’s only after you leave that you realize how much you miss your family. That is something I would definitely tell my high school self. In high school I tried as much as I could to be away from home. If I could talk to her now, I would tell her to appreciate the time she has left. I would tell her to appreciate all the memories she had. Now that I am in college, I realize that the experiences my family gave me because no one else has those memories. And those memories shaped me into the person I am today.

Noelia

Do not listen to anyone else. Make your own decisions. Who cares about anyone else's opinion but your own.

Fabiola

My college experience has been ok. My school is not the biggest on diversity which is something i miss. I would like to go to class and see people from different cultures not the same faces. Everyone looks the same here, if anything , i stand out. Other than that, the scholl is very active with creating activities for the student body, the party scene is good but gets boring after a while. The college is in the middle of nowhere which makes it hard to go out but there is a campus shuttle, even though it is the size of a mini-ban and only goes to town. You would think you would get more out of the school since you ar paying 53,000 a year.

Kirk

Good experience for my future career.

What I learned most in college is not only about my field of study but of what is experienced outside the classroom. The interactions with people, the social atmosphere, and the genuine care of everyone around you is hard to come by. I feel that sometimes you learn the most from classes that you were forced to take. It challenged you to self motivate in order to succeed in something you don't particularly enjoy, which tends to happen in the "real" world. It allows you to be knowledgable in not just your expertise, but in current events, or philosophy, or any other passion. I have learned that both nothing and everything is the way it seems. Always question life, your existence, and your compassion. Always have a plan for the future but live today because tomorrow may never come.

I have returned to school after a 35 year absence from higher education. I have overcome many obstacles including Chemotherapy 2008-2009. I have disabling AIDS. I am recieving my AS next month with a 3.4 GPA from City College San Francisco. I have applied for my Associate Teacher's license for Preschool in February for the state of California. I am an AmeriCorps Alumnae and also am on the board of a not profit organization that provides quality housing for low income/ senior/ disabled residents. TODCO. Even though I have started later than most students I truly want to get my BA/BS and work with Preschool children. I am an Acolyte at my parish church St Ignatius San Francisco.

Carissa

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stay strong, and keep an open mind. College is an extremely hard adjustment, and I almost didn't come back to school after my first semester there. I was so negative about everything that I found myself hating the college and with few friends. I spent the first semester telling myself that I was going to transfer as soon as the semester was over. But during winter break, my parents urged me to stick out the year at least, to give Fairfield University another chance. I came back from break, with an open mind, and ended up loving college. Perhaps if I had kept an open mind, I would have gotten the most out of my first semester in college, rather than counting down the days until the end of the semester.

I would ask myself, first am I mature enough to handle all the possible situations that I can be confronted with i.e. soical environments, drugs, alcohol, a relationship, living with a roomate. I would tell myself to go abroad, some place foreign and try and get to know people in order to experience social networking. This would also help me walk in other people's shoes to get their perspective allowing me to see how and why they act. I also would have told myself to maybe take more time to look into my major and ask high school professors, college professors, or people in the workforce about what it entails. In addition, I would have to tell myself that I would need to be less high strung in order to handle situations much better. Overall, had I been able to give myself this advice back then, it may have made a huge impact on where I am now.

Dear Kristin Who Is Ready to Go to College, I know your senioritis is in full force by now, but there a couple things you should know about life at Fairfield U before you start your first chapter in college life. First of all living with a roommate is a game of compromises. Don't just do whatever she says, but also let her know things that would make your life in room 103 better. It's ok not to be best friends with your roommate, don't try to change yourself to fit in with her and her crew. If people make you feel uncomfortable and give you attitude, they aren't your friends. Don't forget about all your high school friends from back home. In the end when you come home or you have a terrible day at college and have no one to talk to, your friends from home are always there. Join Student Council and get involved. You'll meet your best friends there. Don't procrastinate because you will have a 48 hour day and it won't be fun. Love always Kristin the Frosh P.S. Be Proud of Your Jersey Roots!

You need someplace where you feel comfortable. College is a wonderful experience once you choose a place where you think you would fit. Weigh your options; decide what kind of area would be best. Decide how big of a school you would like to attend. While big schools can be exhilarating and could be a nice change from small-town life, it may also seem overwhelming when familar faces are rare. Smaller schools typically have a stronger sense of community. Decide what type of place you would like to attend in terms of values; do you want a religous school? One that promotes sororities/frats? What fits your personality and where could you see yourself starting a new life? Which school provides options for financing? What school can you afford? What types of financial aid does this school offer? Evaluate these aspects as well as the scholastic arena and the professors in your potential field of study, and decide what school would be optimal. Most of all, approach college with an optimistic viewpoint. In the end, college will most likely be an unforgettable and amazing experience if you choose a school with care.

Gabby

Going back, I would let myself know that I will be okay. Reassuring myself as a high school senior that the choice I made was the right one would haven given me a far more positive outlook than I came in with. Because I chose to go to a school that was across the country from my own family, I think finding the optimistic outlook on your school of choice is crucial to enjoying your entire college experience. There is so much stress on picking the perfect and ideal school that sometimes people get caught up in it, expecting more luxiurious perfection out of their school than they receive. Actually, one of my rejection letters from my first choice school told me not to worry about the school I went to, for the school would be exactly what I make of it. I truly believe in that now. Although Fairfield University has its own problems, the problems uncovered a proactive part of my persona that helped me learn more about myself and my potential as a person. As long as you come into college with a more assuredly optimistic and proactive mindset, then you will have a wonderful first year.

As a full time student at Fairfield University, I have experienced the joys and stressors of being in college. If I could give myself advice, the first thing that I would point out is that college is different. As a high school student, I expected college to be exactly what our culture describes them as, full of parties and good times. I knew it would be hard work, however, my expectations were more focused on the social side versus academics. Furthermore, in high school, I was under the impression that college professor did not care about their students. I thought that professors were just there to teach and leave, not really caring about the students. The professors truly care about the students and wish for us to do well in class. They are readily available for help on exam as well as papers, or if I just had a question. Therefore, if I could give myself advice for college I would say, ?Even though college will be a lot of work, focus on your academics. The professors are there to help you succeed, ask a lot of questions and they will be happy to help you.?

Tommasa

Dear Tommasa, the high school senior, Please relax; you will get into a great university that you will end up loving. You should be enjoying your college process, it is a once in a life time experience filled with an abundance of emotions. Embrace your fears and excitements about venturing off on your own. I advise you to study hard for the SATs, apply to ?reach? schools, and have more confidence in yourself. You should also take some honors courses and a few APs here and there; they will benefit you in the long run. I suggest that you to think hard about your future and decide a path you wish to take so that when you arrive at school you can make the most of the classes offered. Do not waste your college years with classes that will not benefit you in your future goals. Choose a university based on its academics, location, and social life. Be open to new cultures and ideas; involve yourself with new clubs and activities. Treat freshman year as a learning experience, try out different things. Make the most of these years, for they will go by quickly. Sincerely, Tommasa , the college junior

Bridget

Don't panic about applying to a lot of schools. Pick a few that you're really interested in and concentrate on those. Don't worry about fitting in! Everyone is in the same boat, and now is your chance to make a fresh start and be whoever you want to be and do whatever interests you. Get involved right away in an activity - it doesn't matter what it is, just something that you think you might like and try it! You'll make instant friends and have people to hang around with. Even thought you might miss your family at first, the freedom is really exciting, although you'll realize no one cares about you as much as your family does. College is great - just go for it!

Bridget

Don't be in a panic to apply to a lot of schools. Select fewer schools to look at and focus on the ones you really want. College is great in that everyone is new and in the same boat as you. College is where you get to make a fresh start, to decide who you want to be and what activities you want to be involved in. Don't worry about fitting in! There is so much to do and try that you will definitely find your niche. The best advice is to get involved with some activity right away. I got involved in a sport I never did in high school, and it is the best thing ever because you make friends right away. You'll miss your family but the independence is nice, to be away from home, to know that you have lots of freedom is fun and exciting. But you will also learn that no one cares about you as much as your family does. Whatever you do, don't be afraid to try something new - go for it!

I would have done a lot differently. The biggest thing that I wish I learned in high school, was prioritizing. My senior year of high school was extremely busy. I soon found out in college that you have to down size. I would definitely say "less is more". I did WAY too much my freshman year (last year). I am a film major and I wanted to prove myself to the other people in the program - but I took too much on my plate. And I am still trying to work on this, just saying no. I'm not reffering to anything sexual or drug related (still say no then too). I mean saying "no" - that you have a lot to do. I would tell my past / future me to plan out my time. To stop and take a moment and block out time for study, time for projects / extracirricular things, and especially time for me. Just in case you forgot - my message is 'Don't do too much'. My smaller peice of advice is to make sure you have time for you. Keep your hobbies, enjoy the college atmosphere, because pretty soon, you'll be in the real world.

In high school, I didn't think the size of a school matters. Being at a somewhat smaller school (around 4000 undergrad), I'm extremely happy I made this decision. I feel like I'm always meeting new people, but I still see somebody I know on the way to class, lunch, etc.

Leshawna

Make sure you check out the college for at least two days to see if you think you would fit in and if you'll like it. A lot of people make the mistake of choosing a college because of the financial aid packages. Remember thoses packages aren't promised to you your second year on. Your college should be a place where you know you can adjust well so you can do well academically.

Vincent

Do what you like, like what you do and the rest will come with hard work, determination, and a steadfast attitude. Don't ever give up on yourself and don't be afraid to try new things and have fun along the way! On your college visit, get away from parents, tour groups, etc.. and find a bench. Sit there by yourself for a few minutes and try to picture yourself living and learning there. If it seems like a good fit, it probably is and you should seriously consider attending that school.

Visit the school and just talk to one of the students about any fears or questions you might have. Students attending the school are not afraid to let you know the truth about the university they attend. The first year is always difficult, so don't abandon a university without giving it a chance to grow on you like the gloriously educational fungus that it is.

It is important to find a school that has similar ideals as you do. Some things you want to think about is if you are more urban or rural, want to be in a sorority or fraternity, or if you are very religious. Of course majors is probably the most important reason for choosing a school. It is essential that you get a feel for a school by visiting the campus. Many times you will look up a college on the internet and love it but visit it and hate it. It is good to apply to four or more schools. In entering college, it may be overwhelming for the first time. Use this time to go to all the activities offered and join clubs. You will meet a lot of new people and many of them will become life-long friends. The college experiece will be one of the most memorable experiences of your life.

After attending college for three years now, the most important lesson I have learned is that college is what you make of it. To answer the first question, I would tell students to pick an academic setting where they can thrive and grow as a student. If you are someone who is self motivated and independent then I would say go to a big school. If you can handle the large classes and party scene, while still being able to keep focused on your studies and career path then go for it. In my case I chose a school with smaller classes in order to give my self an opportunity to stay focused and receive the individual attention i needed to succeed at the college level. It all depends on the students personality and the academic setting that each individual is accustomed to. No matter what school you decide on, the most important thing is to get involved on campus and find something you are passionate about. By trying different clubs and joining different programs, you are able to develop lasting relationships and gain life experiences that only college can provide you with. Use this experience to learn about yourself.

Trust your instincts and where you feel comfortable. College is not going to work out for everyone, but when you are 17 years old it is hard to pick one place in this world that will shape you and the rest of your life in four years. Follow what you believe is going to be the best option for YOU!

Geoffrey

The best advice that I can give to parents or students about finding the right college is to make sure that they visit the college to get a first hand view of the campus, etc. I feel that the campus visit was the item that helped me the most make the choice of which schools to apply to. It is not sufficient to just view the school's website. There is NOTHING that beats the campus visit. As far as making the most of the college experience, I highly suggest that the student participate in as many extra curricular activities as possible. Whether it be a sports team or the chorus, the opportunity to make lifelong friendships is there. Once the students enrolls in the school she or he immediately becomes a part of the college's family but the choice to meet others as members of a club or team is the best choice a student can make to ensure that they become part of the larger family on campus.

Tuition is key in these hard times. Fairfield University is horribly expensive. If you can get an equal education at a state school, then go for it. Catholic colleges are nice if you are going for that kind of education, but the best catholic schools are Jesuit. Jesuit schools produce more well rounded students and are conscious of different beliefs of the students. We have quite a few Jewish, Buddhist and Muslim students in our school, which is cool.

I think that students should look at certain schools for the right reasons, not because that school seems to be the cool place to go. Compare tuitions, look at class sizes, and the geographic location. Be smart about where you are looking to spend the next 2-4 years of your life. Visit the schools and make sure it feels right.

The one piece of advise I would give students about finding the right college and making the most of their college experience is to get involved in as many activities as possible. It's one of the best ways to meet people who are interested in the same things you are. As for parents, let your child make the decision. It is hard enough to try and picture yourself at college, but its even harder when your parents are you their opinions all the time. This is the place that your child will be spending their next four years, let them decide it they could see themselves here.

Actually scope out the schools you or your child are considering; do research, even interact with students that are already on campus, if possible. Academically, a school may have 'exactly' what you want, but those things change. If you (or your child) enroll in a school that has an environment or culture that makes you (or them) miserable, you (or they) will suffer for it. The most important thing about the school is if a student is *happy* there. After that, opportunities can be found or made.

Jill

that as much as reading about colleges in books and guides, you definitely need to go take a tour of the campus, or even spend the night if you can. this will help you get a real feel for the campus culture, which can make a huge difference in how much you like, or dislike, your college experience. And in order to make the most of your experience, make sure that no matter how shy or nervous you are, you do as many things as possible that the school offers in the first semester of school, even into the second semester. when you do things you like, you meet other people who like the same things as you, and its easier to make friends. you wont regret forcing yourself out of your shell, it can only help you. And it is totally worth it to meet as many people as you can, even if you dont end up staying friends with them throughout college, or throughout life.

Go with your gut. Find a school out there that fits to your liking. Make sure the school has great internship opportunities and enroll in a class visit program or some program at the college that allows a high school student to hang out for a day with a college kid. Those experiences are what will make it or break it. If by then you really like the school, setup an interview with the Admissions Office. I give interviews and I know for a fact that they are definitely taken into consideration. Parents, don't force your kid to apply to 10 + schools because I gaurentee if you ask him/her they will say they didnt even plan on going to at least 5 or 6 of those schools even if accepted. So let your student do what he/she feels best. You should be in the background supporting and making your student think about the important things. Do what feels right. I know this sounds cliche but trust me you'll know when you walk onto a campus. You'll just know.