Madison, NJ
Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus

Gary

My school offers a freindly environment that keeps students focused on their academics.

This collge is more "green" than others because of the open fields and space that it has.

The advice I would give myself would be to apply for more scholarships and to become more interactive with my classmates. As a high school senior I didn't apply to many scholarships and now its affecting me as I am going into my college sophmore year. I would tell my high school senior self that scholarships are a great way to pay for school and it would help out in the future. I would also be more interactive with my classmates during high school because now we have all gone our separte ways and rarely see each other. Its good to make friends in your college, but it would be better if I would be able to check up on some high school friends that are attending colleges in other states.

Jeyleen

Students seem very motivated and proud to be at FDU. They strive for the best and can be competitive.

FDU is known for its superior academic, the student-life diversity and its Division III sports.

First thing is first, go to bed early! Do not stay up and watch "The Voice", you will not wake up too happy or on time in the morning. Going over your notes everyday is a must. Cramming everything a few days before the test just sets you up for failure. Another important detail to keep in mind is always have breakfast; even if it's just a granola bar. The vending machines don't provide a great and healthy breakfast. If the professor is okay with it, use a recorder. When you listen back on it, you might catch something you missed in class when not paying attention. On that note, always pay attention! Try not to get distracted. Turn off your phone while in class or silence it. Professors get irritated and it's rude. Also it breaks concentration. Just keep these tips in mind and college me will do great.

Anna

If I knew then what I know now, I would tell myself a few things. I would say do not be afraid, you may not know a lot and it is a new field, but you are going to school to learn. Visit Aunt Nora May before you leave for college because you will not be able to say goodbye. Be strong when she dies and when Kenny's (my fiance) grandfather dies. Another thing, do not let the guys push you around. Just because you are a female in a male dominant field does not mean you are incapable. Also, when Kenny asks you to marry him, put money aside right away for the wedding. With it only being six months off, money is going to get tight. Plus, when everyone leaves when you start school do not feel so bad about crying. You will cry about once a week over home sickness and the hardships you face. Even when the times look bleak, always have faith and rememebr this is only a small step to your future. Finally, you are going to be fine and you will be amazing!

Richard

As a commuter in this College. I would advise my younger self to go out and find a job as well as don't waste money. College life is expensive and money is very important. As a person who has financial issues, I recieve scholarship and grants but that is still not enough. Finding a job and saving money to pay for textbook and tuition that financial aid doesn't cover is something I must consider. The first year of college is pretty relaxed and it is easy, but it gets harder as the courses advances. Except for English, never forget what is learned in high school, a lot of information learned is useful. Last of all. time management is also as important. Being able to manage your time for class, homework and job as well as sleep would be beneficial. Good luck, and have fun.

The type the students that should attend this school are people who are dorming or lives near this college. Athletics shouldn't attend this college since this is a division III school.

Kristin

I would tell myself that there is nothing wrong with a community college. I was so biased when making my decision. The factor of money never came up. I could have saved a lot of money by spending two years in a communty college. I would tell myself exactly how big a role money plays. I had to give up dorming, and I an constantly struggling to try and find loans. I would tell myself to try and stay calm during all the stressful parts and to not bring that stress home to your family. Overall, the senior me would need to understand the true value of a dollar. I question everyday if I will be able to continue going to school, and I wish I had more realistic views before I made my college decision.

The Literature/English department is so fascinating and intense. They care to open your eyes to everything Literature/English holds.

The departments do not communicate. When a student has a problem other than their actual studies (loans, schedualing, ect), the departments do not care to help. They will send you across the campus and have you do everything instead of simplying helping you themselves.

irma

FDU is just the right size...not too big and not too small.

FDU is just the right size...not too big and not too small.

I would recommend getting more involved in community activities early on. Join extra curricular activities in HS also. This way, when you get to college you will have no reservations about joining college clubs or groups. They make the transition easier because you get to meet others.

At FDU you have the opportunity to know most of the students and you get to know professors on a more personal level.

Shanece

FDU makes a special effort to support and encourage study abroad opportunities. FDU is an ever-expanding college, expanding several of its departments by introducing new majors. FDU also sponsors discussions, giving opportunity for students, faculty and NJ residents to learn about what;s going on in their neighborhood and world. Disscussions include members of the UN, politicians, artists and our own faculty. Most of all, FDU offers small classes which creates a community of familiar faces. In addition, there are many activities to get involved in.

I would have advised myself to get more involved in clubs in order to meet people, as my shyness sometimes makes it difficult for me to adjust to new people. I would have advised myself to manage my time efficiently and to not procrastinate. If I need to lock myself in the library in order to study than that's what I must do. Which brings to light, MAKE USE OF ALL THE RESOURCES COLLEGE PROVIDES because they are all helpful. I would have ESPECIALLY encouraged myself how to properly eat before I began college. Like many other students, I relied on meals provided by my mother. But when you live on campus, you must now make healthy food choices for yourself and learn to also cook up a few basic things for your survival. Exercising also falls into this category of advice. Another big one for me is to take advantage of Extra Credit opportunities always because they can make the difference between an A and A+. Never think you are way above that. Another pointer? Form relationships with your professors because you will not only gain knowledge but they will be there to help you find work.

Stamps should always be readily available for students who need to mail out important letters. I also sought important questions regarding my financial aid and had a faculty member close off the conversation, leaving me at a dead end. One academic advisor failed to let me know I no longer needed to take a certain class because I changed my major. I therefore, took the class, unnecessarily. Public safety doesn't patrol like it should, for many students smoke marijuana in the dorms. The Art studios need to be badly renovated and resources for art students need to be reconsidered.

Courtney

My classmates were friendly, supportive, interested, and most were focused on doing the best they could.

I would encourage myself to step away from being the wallflower and join clubs and attend more events on campus. Education is very important when attending college but so is meeting others and getting involved. Becoming involved may help you find who you are, what you want in life, and meet friends. I would remind myself to stay focused on my future, be aware of my feelings, be receptive to others, ask for help, and stay organized. I would also remind myself that this is the beginning; the beginning of my future. I should look forward to what is to come my way and not worry about what that may be, rather take it in stride and learn something from each day.

During my attendance at FDU, I saw a variety of individuals. I di not believe that this school is limiting on who cannot attend. Those that want only to attend a Division 1 university should not attend this school as it is Division 3. This school is Co-ed, so if the indiviual is uncomfortable around opposite genders or prefers same gender universities, he/she should not attend FDU. Also, if the indiviual prefers large class sizes and and party-school, he/she should not attend FDU.

The class size is deffinitly a plus at FDU. I like knowing my professors and knowing my classmates, it helps out a lot. The location is far enough from home but close enough to go home.

Almost as if written in pen, one cannot erase mistakes but can start on a fresh piece of paper. As life moves forward, the sand in the hourglass slowly trickles down leaving us with a limit on time, and no option to regain what one has lost. Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. As one grows, they must learn from their mistakes and experiences. During my college experiences and transition, I would give myself the advice of "try new things, experience what else is out there." I personally went to college close to home my freshman year. I was accepted to Coastal Carolina University eleven hours from my house, and I was scared to take that step and live on my own, so I enrolled at Fairleigh Dickinson University, an hour away. My sophomore year, I took that challenge and lessons learned and I transferred to Coastal Carolina University for the Fall semester. I would tell any high school juniors and seniors to start college searches early and to not be afraid to take that step away from home. Create your own journey while your still young.

Fairleigh Dickinson University is a very small school. With the reduced size in students, professors are able to communicate better with thier class and help stuggleing students. The professors always have office hours and are opening volenteering thier time to help those in need. The small class sizes help the student stay focus and forces them to come to class, you are a name not just a number at FDU. The campus at FDU is beautiful, very well presented and relaxing. The students, faculty and staff are for the most part very helpful and kind.

HelenMarie

Fairleigh Dickinson University is one headache after another.

Fairleigh Dickinson University is one headache after another.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to try to talk to more people at orientation and to make friends. Although I made friends once my freshman year started, it would have reduced the stress of coming into the school knowing no one. I also would have told myself to research a little more the different clubs available on my campus since now as an incoming junior there are still many clubs I am just learning about.

The type of person that should not attend this school is someone that is looking for help when it comes to financial aid and enrollement in classes.

Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.