Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus Top Questions

All schools come with ups and downs. I, because I have not yet attended FDU, cannot personally say anything that I dislike about FDU. I am excited and anxious to continue my education at FDU in the spring.

The departments do not communicate. When a student has a problem other than their actual studies (loans, schedualing, ect), the departments do not care to help. They will send you across the campus and have you do everything instead of simplying helping you themselves.

If I had to pick something that was bad about this University, for any High School student, especially with this Economy, the cost of tuition is around 42,000/year which i think is very high, so it is understandable why more students choose a State University over a Private one.

The worst thing about my school is the Business Advising department. The employees there only know basic information and little about helping students with what courses to take for their career choices.

Taryn

I think the worst thing about my school is that I went for a theatre degree but they still have a very weak theatre program. The school is more oriented towards practical degrees. I ended up double majoring with a second degree in Psychology because the course load for the theatre degree was so incredibly easy and light. The theatre program there made a lot of empty promises to get people to go.

evan

The worst thing about this campus is the campus layout. It not to bad, but the distance from dorms to most classroom makes students want to drive to class rather then walk. The campus is on a very old family estate with a mansion.

Luis

Fairleigh Dickinson University(FDU) is a private school that offers many different courses; however, some of these course are only available once a day. Unlike most universities, FDU has some classes available only once at a certain time of the day. I consider this to be the worst thing about my school because it because becomes a difficulty when I make schedule for the semester. Rather than taking some classes in the morning and some at night, I'm taking most of my classes consecutively making it difficult for me to take breaks for studying, eating, or socializing.

I consider the worst thing about my school is the price n general and then comparing the price to the quality of certain classes is just ridiculous and pointless. Our curriculum should be changed to better suit someone's major and we should not have to take lab sciences as a business major and have to pay $2500 to sit there and do nothing and learn nothing. That is a waste of money and a waste of time. This school, even with financial aid and scholarships has put me into major debt.

Davone

How expensive it is. Its double the tuition of most colleges and cost more than Ivy League colleges. The schools funds are not being spend properly. ie(durango and charger patrol cars, chocolate milk machine replaced with milk machine and chocolate syrup bottle)

The worst thing about my school, is the meal plan. I am currently signed up for 11 meals a week and 300 extra dollars of spending money. When i have a visitor in stead of using 2 meal swipes when we go to the cafe, the school uses one meal swipe and deducts money from my extra money. Now most of my extra money is all gone and im only half way through the semester.

Sylina

The worst thing about my school will be the food. We were told that the chefs are five-star chefs, however the food leave much to be desired. The only time the food is actually decent is during open-houses where parents and students come to visit campus on weekends. The next one will be the special treatment for the Greeks. The Greeks are easily able to fundraise and host events outside of the regulations that are set for all organizations, whereas the non-Greek organizations have to abide by the regulations.

The lack of school spirit and extra-curricular involvement.