Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus Top Questions

The Literature/English department is so fascinating and intense. They care to open your eyes to everything Literature/English holds.

irma

At FDU you have the opportunity to know most of the students and you get to know professors on a more personal level.

Fairleigh Dickinson University is a very small school. With the reduced size in students, professors are able to communicate better with thier class and help stuggleing students. The professors always have office hours and are opening volenteering thier time to help those in need. The small class sizes help the student stay focus and forces them to come to class, you are a name not just a number at FDU. The campus at FDU is beautiful, very well presented and relaxing. The students, faculty and staff are for the most part very helpful and kind.

Leanna

The quality of the Creative Writing courses here. Professors in this program are great--they really do invest in you.

Shanece

There so many opportunities to explore a possible major. If you're not sure what you want to do, this school is a great option. You can be into Art and switch to Communications. FDU also has about 4 campuses. One in Madison, another, Teaneck, and two abroad, one being in England. With this you can do study abroad, also if you wanted to change what campus you'd like to be on, its possible. Also if a class you want is not being offered at the college, they can allow you to take the class at a neighboring college.

The teacher to student ratio is exceptional. I have never had a class where there is more than 30 students, and usually there is a Professor along with a TA to help make the ratio feel even smaller. I originally began attending college at a very large University, and decided to transfer here, and for any high school student, through my experiences I fully recommend a smaller University over a large one. "It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know, when it comes down to job hunting."

Kearstin

Small class sizes.

The location - as a business major, we have access to major financial institutions, and New York City.

The best thing about Fairleigh Dickinson University was the friendships I made through the fraternity I joined.

I would say the best thing about Fairleigh Dickinson is its financial aid department. They are whole reason I chose this school. I've been struggling with paying for school and they have been nothing but helpful. They really are the most understanding people on campus, they really are they to help you and do whatever they can to male your college experience as stress free as possible.

One of the best things about my school is the diversity in the people who attend FDU and their friendliness. They are willing to help each other out and are very open to meeting new people. Another thing that is great about this school is the extra help that is offered for classes. If a student is having trouble in a specific subject, he or she can go to academic support for help. Professors also offer extra help.