Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus

Autumn

I can only speak on being a transfer student, a student in the Creative Writing program as well as a commuter student. The 2019-2020 school year was my first year at Fairleigh Dickinson University and it already feels like I have been there for a full four years. When trying to get a hold of necessary financial information, trying to make my class schedule for the semester or making sure you are ready to start the upcoming semester is like pulling teeth. I never knew who to talk to or email when getting the necessary information and even when I was able to get a response from someone, they were unable to help and sent me to someone else and waited for weeks for a response. This school does not know how to guide their transfer students to be able to complete their degree. Looking on the commuter aspect, to get a spot in any parking lot you have to arrive half an hour before your class starts. With one main lot everyone parks in, parking is extremely scarce. The creative writing program, on the other hand, has been a positive experience. While I have only taken a few classes so far and had experienced one professor in this program, it has been nothing but positive. After hearing experiences from other students that have either completed the program, have taken multiple classes and experienced the other professors, almost all of them are easy going and willing to help you in any way they can. I am excited to have the chance to experience other aspects while continuing in this program.

Bryan

FDU is a overall a great school and perfect small campus but the problem is there is nothing to do around campus unless you have a car. The school program, FPC is the worst with making activities for students in my opinion. The housing are terrible the only two new residential Halls are Park Ave and Rutherford Hall and the campus food is the worst and the only good food in campus is Leafs & Grains.

Heather

I have had many problems receiving help from staff for scheduling and housing. The size of the campus is great and it is beautiful. The small class sizes are great for getting help when struggling and the professors are always available to help students.

Sadiailen

This University is a great one. People are very friendly and helpful. Professors are always there to help however you may need. They give you their email and you can contact them whenever you need help. It's a great small community. I'm very happy and comfortable here.

Fairleigh Dickinson is a generally smaller college with an increasing amount of commuter students. Tuition is extremely high and becoming more expensive, but they are generous with scholarships. FDU offers many study abroad opportunities and 5-year Master programs in certain majors. There are plenty of ways to get involved on campus and work around any schedule.

I am in my second year at FDU and I absolutely love it. The food at the cafeteria isn't great, but I don't live on campus, so I don't really care. The academic programs are fantastic and the teachers are great-especially the honors professors. I've only had 2-3 professors that I didn't love. I am a part of the business school and I've always had great experiences with the heads of departments/dean etc. For the most part, everyone involved in making this school operate does a phenomenal job and really cares about the success of their students.

Zaria

It's an okay school. It's really small and close-knit and just about everybody knows everybody. Academics are great but socially the whole campus can use a re-up. Cafe food is disgusting except the omelettes in the morning thanks to everyone's favorite omelette lady who always greets you with a smile. The theater department is amazing as well as the education program.

Danielle

I love attending Fairleigh Dickinson University. There is a lot of diversity within people and majors so there is something for everyone. The school is small but big enough to feel free. But like all campuses it is a college first so it is hard work no matter a persons major, but there is enough extracurriculars to keep everyone busy and active throughout the week and weekend. Everyone is very welcoming and inviting and I feel very safe walking alone in the middle of the day and even at night. Overall I feel that FDU is a fantastic college and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a college.

John

The campus is beautiful and engaging. Students have a great time here, but classes tend to be very difficult. Registration processes is also a hassle. Professors are available during and after class to speak to, but exams and lectures are difficult and hard to follow.

Nashaya

The school is good. The professors give you a lot to think about and analyze and the students there are friendly.

Kacie

Fairleigh Dickinson University is a small campus, yet there is always activities multiple times a day sponsored by clubs and organizations on campus. It’s difficult to become bored while on campus due to the multitude of events. On warm days, one can find many students on the library lawn studying or playing frisbee with friends. Besides having a lot to do, the FDU Florham campus is full of beauty and history. The mansion is the iconic landmark and makes the campus feel very special. The professors at FDU are intelligent, personable, and truly care about the success of their students. My overall opinion of Fairleigh Dickinson University is that it is a great school and I’m so lucky to call it home.

Mark

Fairleigh Dickinson is a great college with a great business program. Fairleigh helps all students to reach their potential through their career development program which helps students find internships, volunteering, and other career related tools that will help everyone's future. Fairleigh gives students many opportunities for fun outside of the classroom through clubs, sports, and events that also help create relationships in school. Although the food is average and people tend to complain about housing, I think that Fairleigh is a college that all students should consider joining.

Rose

Fairleigh Dickinson University was an excellent college, but it was not worth the price tag!

Maya

My overall opinion of FDU is that is is a great school, but I​ believe that if you want to come to college and have fun and a good time, this is not the school for you. The florham campus is more for the academic aspect more than the fun and partying.

Tevin

My overall opinion of Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham University is something I cant even put into words. It's flat out amazing. Campus is perfect size not too big nor to small and full of great people. I play football as well and I cannot complain about the joy I have being able to be a part of such a unified and prestigious institution academically and athletically. Wish I would've attended FDU right out of high school.

Alexander

It is a great business school. There are plenty of knowledgeable professors who give great insights about the professions they teach about, whether it be accounting, finance, or management. Other departments, such as computer science, need a boost in the resources they are given in terms of professors and labs, but it is a great school overall. It is especially great for someone considering a career in the business field.

Zaria

The education is really great here, the food is alway questionable. You'll meet a ton of people who are going through the same things that you're going through. The only real downside is that there aren't many minorities on campus. But you'll see is around.

Kayleigh

Overall I really love attending FDU. Granted the food could be a million times better but that is my only true complaint. The majority of teachers are great and always ready to help their students at any time throughout the semester. Another aspect that I love is how welcoming the higher-ups of the campus are to the students.

FDU is a good school. However it is very unorganized. It seems like no one in authority talks to one another, because you have to go to many different people to find one answer and they all tell you the other knows. Also the housing is awful, there are leaks in many rooms and poor plumbing. The food is gross, yet is improving slowly.

nick

The classes are very small and personal. Teachers are willing to help and are very knowledgeable. Its a great learning experience, however the social life may not be ideal for someone looking for a decent 'college experience'. Not too many parties, and very groupy. Highschool all over again.

Morgan

Great class sizes, academics, and facilities, but as a student with dietary restrictions that has to live on campus it's kinda rough. The residence halls aren't cared for as much as they should (I found mold on my walls) and the food isn't great. It's sometimes undercooked and there aren't many options for dairy/gluten free students.

Imad

Great and nice you will succeed. The help you out a lot all the classes are great the have good teacher and the help in class and off classes. The encourage us to do better and have good grade. I really like this college it show me a lot. For example my first day i was lost and i met the a guy who is a coach on the campus and he took me around until i found my way

Hala

I really like it Fairleigh Dickinson University. I am graduating next month with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology: Behavioral Neuroscience. The Professors were very supportive and helpful. They help us succeed and they are available for us outside of classroom.

Kevin

To be quite honest, the campus is very quiet and peaceful. I've seen all the types of clubs they have, and they all seem extremely interesting. I haven't had any serious situations, usually my only problem is class work, however, i do get it done in time and i get the right help.

Christly

My overall opinion of Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus is that it’s a very safe and comfortable university. Throughout my time in Fairleigh Dickinson I’ve seen how active public safety is and how active our professors are with the students and encouraging us to participate in extracurricular activities as well.

Zoe

I've been very impressed with the Silberman School of Business and Honors Department staff and programs. The people are friendly and welcoming. Financial Aid, orientation, advising, and registration all went very well. The food and the facilities - especially the Bloomberg Lab and Gym - are wonderful.

Gianna

If you're looking for a small school where everyone knows each other and is a close knit group than this is the school for you. Definitely not a big party school or anything. But if you're involved in Greek life its not bad. Would definitely say the food needs to be improved but other than that the campus itself is kept beautiful and in a great are of New Jersey.

Lyndsey

One of the most important ways an individual can enjoy their college career is to take part in Campus Life. Campus life, an important aspect not only in my college career but also in preparing me for my future. Over the past three semesters what I have been taught from my peers is just as valuable than any lesson learned in a class room. Within the first week of living independently on campus, I realized how important not only my personal beliefs are but also the beliefs of others. As a first-generation college student and an only child, it took living with a roommate to value the importance of corporation, respect for others and having empathy. Campus life has given me an opportunity to mature and develop from a childish high school teenager to a thriving young woman who is striving for success.