Teaneck, NJ
Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus

Fixed  rate loan

Alysha

College is not scary, but it is important. Do not put it off, it may seem like a few months or a few years don't make that big of a difference but they do. The longer you wait, the more you forget, not just the information, the numbers, the formulas, the textbook answers, but how to do it. Thriving in school is a learned skill and if you don't practice it, you lose it. Don't risk losing it, jump in, get it done, because if you don't you will have four kids to provide for and you will have to explain to them why it is important for them to get good grades and go to college but it wasn't important for you. Be someone your kids can look up to, make a future for them and lead by example. Study hard, enjoy learning, have a passion for it, because anything done without passion isn't worth doing at all.

Cassandra

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school student, I would tell myself that I should always give my one hundred percent best, and that I should never give up on anything. Even though there can be times that get rough, and you feel like you can't go any further with things, that I should always push through the hard times. I should always take advice from my college teachers, and let them help me whenever I need their help. Also, I would tell myself to pay full attention during high school and to take more notes during high school because once you get into college, you will be taking about five pages of notes each day. The main thing is to never let anything get in your way of pursuing your dreams, always follow them. To end this, I would like to share a quote from Nelson Mandela: "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."

Channell

Fairleigh Dickinson has many different programs that help students succeed. They have a Latino Promise program for Spanish people that helps them to succeed and take a few classes over seas. If a student needs the extra help with any subject there is one on one or group tutoring. College Professors will find several ways to each student pass the class whether it is extra time after class, tutoring or even extra practice assignments. Fairleigh Dickinson gives a lot of Financial Aid to qualifying students with low incomes. FDU doesn't give up on any student.

It's that time of the year, the last year of high school. Look how far you have come in life! Can you finish it off? Here's some advice for some financial success...Apply for scholarships girl! If you don't start now, you will regret later on. You may be saying in the back of your head that "colleges only admit students by SAT scores and academics", but trying is more positive than saying no to yourself at all. You may have a difficult time thinking about colleges that you want to attend but always remember to apply for scholarships throughout your senior year. Apply to different schools other than your local area. Play basketball instead of going to work after school. The university you will attend after this year will reflect your future. Study everyday that you can so you will be ahead of yourself and believe me, this will help your future. Look for extra volunteering services around your school or in Princeton, many scholarships will be coming up and judges will be looking at you as a wonderful student. Lastly, don't stop until you reach your goals. Press on to succeed!

Any student can attend this school because any student that has potential will succeed at Fairleigh Dickinson. This school does not give up on nay student whether it takes all day or next month. Many of the college professors at FDU takes the time to help each student who needs the extra assistance even when nothing else is working. Any one can attend FDU and everyone will help you to succeed in any field.

Audenzia

FDU is absoloutely positively a subterfuge, do not fall victim to what they present. If you want the truth as a REAL college student not the tour guides.

Dear High School self, Do not listen to your father when it comes to college, follow your heart and apply to every college in the country. The world of education is a large ocean, the college that you want is your Nemo and you are in the sea trying to find it. Just remember to put your all into where ever you go make friends and be happy. The world will keep spinning even when you're frowning. Signed, Your Future Self

Lack of classes per semester; lackl of times offered for classes per semester

Tatiana

Cutting and failing class and taking your teachers for granted has to be one of the stupidest things that you can do. Because of those actions are going affect your chances to attend the college of your dreams. Being cool in high school will not take you anywhere in the future. Even if you think it's uncool to study and care about college JUST DO IT! Because those F and low grade point average may seem unimportant but it will be decisions that colllege admissioners will see. I'm not saying to give up your social life, but for now keep your education a priority. You have the rest of your life to seem cool, but for now think about the career and dreams you want. Trust me one day you're going to thank me for this.

The teachers that I've had so far have been a delight to have. They care about the students and give so much to us so we can have a better education for ourselves. They care for others and teach their subjects with such passion that makes the classes interesting.

Any person who would like to have a great enviroment around them because the scenery outside is beautiful and the classes are so interesting., The campus is safe and the student are very friendly and are always there to give a helping hand.

Brianna

If i could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior then I would tell myself that high school is nothing like college and i got to be prepared. I need to make a plan and stick to it but don't look back and keep your head up. I would also tell myself to never give up and keep going. I would also tell myself that you will have to do alot of growning up and the people you talk to know you won't talk to later so do what i have to do to make my college experience much easier. I would also tell myself to make sure you do something you love in college and even if college is hard it is all worth it in the end. College will help you in life and help you get far in life and no matter what moutain comes your way know that you can climb over that moutain and succeed in anything that you want to do and put your mind to. I would also tell myself to have fun in college but still remember what you are there for. To learn.

Sara

I would attend a community college for 2 years and then transfer to a four year school. I would have saved alot of money and time if I only knew what direction I was heading and had a goal set in my mind. Unfortunatly I was looking for a college experience that I did not eve experience.

Opening of sections for classes.

That they take away alot of your financial aid before your second year of college. I wish I knew how much some of the faculty were unqualified and unsupportive.

Carolina

What is unique about my school compared to other schools I considered was its location and diversity. The beautiful Metropolitan Campus of Fairleigh Dickinson University which I attend is located in Teaneck, New Jersey which is only 10 minutes away from home. Because of my schools location, I have been given the opportunity to maintain and even build better relationships with my parents, brother, sister, grandmother, and cousins, aunts and uncles. Another unique quality about FDU is its diversity. FDU has a very diverse environment and many diverse cultures. My campus alone has attracted students from over 63 countries!

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the only advice I would give myself assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior is to let go! I was very content on where I was my senior year. I was selected captain of the cross country, cheerleading, and track team while participating in many clubs and being an active member of The National Honors Society and Spanish Honors Society. I was a well-rounded student as I was able to participate in sports, have a social life, maintain high grades, and have a strong relationship with my family. I thought I had it all my senior year, and I was not ready to let go. Because I was so tied up on high school, when it came to college applications I lacked motivation which resulted in missing deadlines and even being rejected by schools. If I could have told myself that everything would be alright if I let go and accepted the reality of the transition in my life, I would have not been so timid and made better decisions my senior year in high school.

VINCENT

Above all I would advise any prospective high school student to stay curious; or become curious if they are not already! If students could be encouraged to question more and become engaged in dialogue as part of the learning process they will find high school much more enjoyable and much more educational. A related piece of advice would be to cultivate a passion for something; some subject of interest. Look for connections between what you're interested in and what is being taught in the classroom. In most cases they are connected it just takes a little digging to see the connections. Don't rely on your teachers to show you these connections (they may not know about them). Use your curiosity to find them yourself. These discoveries will be more meaningful and educational if you find them yourself anyway.Remember who your peers are. In the global community your peers are not simply your classmates. Take this time to broaden your horizons and recognize how connected everyone and everything is. This sounds like a tall order but using the previous advice it can be done and it can be fun! Just Have Fun.

Visit as many colleges as possible, figure out what programs are offered at each, how it will best applied to you and how it would be paid for. While you don't have to figure everything out in high school it would help to have some direction before entering college and jumping into something you might or might not regret. Have more than one plan, as you will find out the world has several more for you to figure out and without knowing it listen to the advice of your parents, they won't be there for long and their experience is to be much valued, it will help more than you know. Enjoy this time while you can but take advantage of the resources that are provided to you, you have one life to live, and it's yours, don't let anyone else live through you. This is your time to make mistakes and learn from them, and change your mind and your major, nothing is set in stone until you let it be. And enjoy college for what it has to offer.

Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.