Teaneck, NJ
Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus

Fixed  rate loan

Visit as many colleges as possible, figure out what programs are offered at each, how it will best applied to you and how it would be paid for. While you don't have to figure everything out in high school it would help to have some direction before entering college and jumping into something you might or might not regret. Have more than one plan, as you will find out the world has several more for you to figure out and without knowing it listen to the advice of your parents, they won't be there for long and their experience is to be much valued, it will help more than you know. Enjoy this time while you can but take advantage of the resources that are provided to you, you have one life to live, and it's yours, don't let anyone else live through you. This is your time to make mistakes and learn from them, and change your mind and your major, nothing is set in stone until you let it be. And enjoy college for what it has to offer.

Brianne

I would tell myself to not give up after graduating high school. I would tell myself to continue having the drive I always had and to go to college right after high school graduation and get a degree that could help me in my future rather than just having fun not having any responsibilities. I would say "Focus on your goals and don't let yourself get distracted to swayed away from your goals and dreams"

Elmonde

My classmates are active students with expressive vocabulary usage as well as a quench for knowledge; they are all excited to go to the school.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to really take in all the knowledge they are teaching me as well as apply for a variety of scholarships. I would tell myself to make a list of what you need and to not go shopping last minute for college things. I would tell myself to save up money for text books. I would tell myself to really buckle down. If I had an opportunity to go back in to time to do this, my freshmen year wouldn't be as difficult as people claim it to be. I would also tell myself to becareful with the food. Freshmen 15 is not a joke.

In all honesty, the worst thing about my school is that it has a lot of geese. The geese walk around more than the students do. Student's are busy dodging geese feces rather than watching the road up ahead.

Heather

Dear Heather, Life is all about the experience. However, the choices that make up the experience are what define the lessons you learn. Going to college should be exciting and challenging , but nothing you can't handle. Study hard, go to your classes, and most imprtantly have fun. Getting good grades is importnant, but living in a box, better know as your dorm room, isn't worth the opportunities and great people you'll miss out on. Join organiztions that interest you, try something new, create your own club if you want to. Your going to be at a school for four years, make each day one to remember. Be yourself and discover new things along the way. College is just another chapter in the book of your life, your in charge of your story.

Before coming to Fairleigh Dickinson, I wish I knew or understood the importance of having study skills. In high school most students are guilty of studying the day or even hours before their test and in college its an entirely different ball game. A college student is expected to spent at least 2 hours of their own time studying for every hour they spend in class. Also, exam grades can determine a students grade for the semester. There are alot of things that I learned going into college as a freshman, knowing how to study is the most importnant.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of school spirit. It is an amazing thing to see a body of students showing pride in their school. I feel that my school lacks that and it causes majority of the student body to refrain from coming out and enjoying the great events that are planned and presented to the students. College isn't lways about wht you know, but also he people you come to meet. Without an interaction between the student and the school it appears that something is missing, bit in reality it is just miscommunication.

Fairleigh Dickinson University is a well rounded school, meaning it is academically inclined and diverse, and everyone at the school is very accepting no matter what your background.

Try to get more involved in the extracurricular activities at school by interacting with the students and joining some clubs, but also, the most important thing is to stay focused on your school work.

The tuition is the worst thing about the school.

Simranjit

Fdu is a school with great acadmics and sports options for many people.

Fdu is a school with great acadmics and sports options for many people.

The only thing that was confuseing for me was finding out when the orentation and placement exam was, i thought that would provide us the information through via email, or mail us the information.

Burgandy

Cultural diversity and poor administration

Cultural diversity and poor administration

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be to look into more schools and send applications in to more schools. Although I enjoy living in a metropolitan area, I should have done more research and found other schools within the area. As a high school senior, I also should have gone on more college visits. I only took a college visit to the school I am currently attending because I thought that there were no flaws. Come to find out, even though the advisor I met with told me I could major in European history, as soon as I was attending the university, I found out that my major isn't offered. Finally, as a high school senior, I would apply for more scholarships and get a job on campus my first semester.

International students and students that are interested in transitioning from a rural environment to an urban environment. Also, student's who are looking to meet culturally diverse students.

Terell

I would tell my self that even though i know how hard it will be that i should keep my sole focus on academics and become more disciplined. I would tell myself don't let pride get the best of you. If you know you need help than ask or if you know the financial struggle just start off slow with a different school. Don't let there be any chance for a set back. Be prepared.

Definately the dorming experience because you become more of a family with your suitmates and the more than daily fun activities plan on campus.

Matt

I would tell myself, be yourself. Do not worry about what people might think of you and the choices you have made. You will come to hard roads ahead, but do not worry they will work themselves out. Be friendly and caring like you are now. Be strong and brave.

The courses they offer for your major, and nonmajor are excellent. They teach you a lot about the subject and test you very well. You are able to take any classes you want, regardless of your major.

Transfer students who attend a 2 year institution, like I did. They give away good transfer scholorships, as well as freshman scholorships. So anyone.

Shakiera

Located in the metropolitan area of Teaneck,NJ, Fairleigh Dickinson University is a home of diversity and great academics. The size of this campus is just right and the distance between the buildings to get to class are reasonable as well. I spend most of my time at school in Dickinson Hall where the Silberman College of Business is located for business majors like myself. When I tell people that I attended Fairleigh Dickinson University, I always receive positive feedback that my school has a very good reputation. There is not as much school pride from students around campus as I expected it to be but there are creating more school activities and clubs for students to get more involved. The administration is pretty helpful if you are directed to the right people for answers to your questions.

Diversity is a huge advantage for attending Fairleigh Dickinson University. Everyone around campus has their own style and are still accepted by one another. Different types of students from various cultures and countries, all come together and form a bond around campus. Most of the students are from different countries and are usually from middle class families. A quiet or shy student would feel out of place at this school because everyone is so friendly and always willing to make new friends. I would say about half the population is politically aware at FDU but are making efforts to be more active.

One of my most favorite things about Fairleigh Dickinson University is the academics. The professors are all very friendly and are always open to help the students. Not only do my professors know my name, but they always provide flexible office hours for additional help if needed. As a business major, the students are highly competitive and class participation is always seen throughout the classes. The positive environment that FDU provides motivates students to acquire high grades and stay focused. I feel the school academic requirements are above average because once accepted into this school ,you are thoroughly prepared for getting a job.

Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.