Teaneck, NJ
Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus

Fixed  rate loan

annerys

I would give to my self not to be in Latino Promise.

I would give to my self not to be in Latino Promise.

The persons that the major is not there.

The most fristrating is that it is to big and you can not find anithing on time

Leyxis

One day on my way home after an occupying and exhausted day in college, I sat on the bus on my favorite sit, the penultimate one right next to the window, all by myself where nobody could interrupt my thoughts. I put my head on the glass and started wondering; if I could ever go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, what advice would I give myself knowing now about college life? Many answers came and left my mind but only one stayed and answered my question every time I repeated it in my mind. I would tell myself; “just keep doing what you are doing”. Many of my friends graduated before me so I had the chance to ask them to compare and contrast High School and College. Everybody used to tell me exactly the same thing; “college is not High School any more. There you both study hard and burn your eyelashes or you can just go home”. Those words always scared me but something inside myself always told me that they were saying the truth. I got to taste college where High School was my practice for the big transfer.

The best thing about my school is that it has many programs going on. It has programs for students whose parents are Latinos and don’t know what to do when their children have to go to college. It also has another program that lets you study in another country. It helps you grow culturally. This program let you explore and see the world from a wider angle. Another program is for Chinese people, etc. the school through student programs unite the whole world under the same sky.

Only people that are honestly interested in becoming successful in life should attend this school. First, because it is an expensive school and people not interested in success will be there wasting their money, their time, and the time of others, and honestly, there's nothing that upsets me more than someone wasting my time that is more valuable than gold for me. Second, to go to FDU you need to be open minded. There we can find people from many countries and many cultures. FDU is well known for the diversity of cultures that the school embraces.

Daniel

My school is a highly diverse multi-cultural learning environment where students from abroad come from many different walks of life to learn from our experienced and highly knowledgable faculty on a state of the art technologically advanced campus.

If I could talk to my high school self I would tell him not to waste so much time in high school and in college. This is my second time as an undergraduate and the first time, and in my first go around I just went to my classes and got involved with the theatre group on campus and that is all I did during my first college experience. This was probably one of the least informed choices I could have ever made. Once I got out of college, my lack of clubs and activities made it that much harder to find jobs and create network connections. Now, at my current university, I am involved in Student Government, the school newspaper, and I still found time to be involved in this school's theatre group. So when I speak to my younger self, I would tell him to not to put off life by waiting so long to try new things and to get involved in more student activities much earlier then I did rather then waiting for life to come calling!

As a commuter, I feel that one area my school is lacking in is getting commuters more involved with campus life. Many commuters have the attitude of "go to class and then leave" and the school does not really have any strong programming to try and fix this. As the commuter senator for the Student Government Association, this is an issue that I have been working on since I started at the university.

Jazzmin

My school is realistic, cozy, and allows me to focus when i need to and have fun when i want to.

I have became much more self motivated and self reliant from attending college. I can now handle situations on my own that my mother used to handle for me. I also have gained a sense of self confidence through my independence. College has taught me to adapt to a diverse assortment of people and situations.

I wish i would have known the hassel that the financial aid office was so difficult to communicate with. I also wish i would have known that the Metropolitan campus did not have public relations as a minor and that the option was only available at the Florahm campus.

STEPHANIE

Fairleigh Dickinson University is New Jersey’s largest private university with more than 12,000 students. It’s students include more than 1,000 international students from nearly 100 countries which makes it one of the most diverse Universities of the state. It is one of only a few schools in the United States to field both Division I and Division III athletics teams. It owns two campuses in New Jersey which are near New York, a campus in Canada and a campus in England which makes it easy fr students to study abroad.

My experience at Fairleigh Dickinson University couldn’t have been better! In my campus in Teaneck I have every single resource I have needed. Sincerely, I consider myself very lucky to be a student of FDU. Every time I have misunderstood a class my teachers have been there for me, and even when this didn't help there were tutors there for me! I have achieved to become a member of the Honors Program and the Global Scholars Program thanks to all the academic support they offered me. I enjoyed every aspect of my life at FDU. I have class mates from China, India, England, Vietnam, Africa and have met students from all over the world. Even the food at FDU is delicious! There are so many clubs and events that it has been impossible for me to get bored. There is always soemthing to do. I have felt at home at FDU because, honestly, the faculty and personnel at FDU have treated me as if I was their daughter! As I look back at my first semester in FDU there is deffinetely no place I would rather have been, and absolutely the place I want to continue my studying.

I wish I had known that Fairleigh Dickinson University offers me free academic tutoring and counseling, and has teachers that actually care for each student. If I had known these facts, I wouldn't have worried so much about my life as a college student. After arriving to Fairleight Dickinson;s campus and actually exploring what it really had to offer all my worries banished. Fairleigh Dickinson University sincerely has offered me all the academic support I have needed, and If I had known then what I know now I would have celebrated all summer instead of worrying so much.

genesis

It's vast involvementship in global studies and developing great minds through culture and various ethnic backgrounds.

It has a great deal of resources for whatever major you chose. It had opportunities for internships, jobs, and studying abroad. FDU also has campuses outside the country, like in Wroxton, England and in Canada.

I am in a great position to further my education and the institute i chose could not fit me better. From the staff to the student body, everyone is so attentive and will accomidate to your needs--whatever they may be--and they do it while being polite and having a smile on their faces.

Connie

What I have gotten from my college education is that knowledge is all enpowering. Without an education, it is hard to accomplish anything in life. My future has been impacted immensely since I have been back in school and I have realized how important it is, and how far you can get with it. Not only the importance of education, but I really enjoy the learning experience and believe that I have not limited myself, but I have broadened my horizons. The best part , is there is no limit! I don't want to miss a day of school because each day is so valuable to the person I am becoming and the career path I have chosen. I am returning back to school and was recently excepted in the medical radiography program and absolutely love everything about it. My clinical rotations are such an awesome experience and I am thankful that hospitals are allowing students to have this hands on experience. I have also came to the realization that I want to have a career that I have a true passion for and I have found it.

Genesis

College, so far, has been a experience that is unforgetable. As a first year college student I have benefitted in many ways from my experience, so far. My school has truley inspired me to break my boundaries and go beyond my expectations. I have worked hard to get good grades and keep up with any work that is assigned. Being in college has taught me to stand on my own. I now support myself and work hard everyday. Living away from home has taught me to be independent and to stay motivated. To me, college is valuable to attend because my goal in life is to be succesful. I want to prove to myself, and others that I can become someone succesful in the future. I also think attending college is valuable because with a succesful and happy future I will be able to help out my family. I want to be able to provide them with the help that they have shown me. Graduating college has been my dream for a long time, I hope you can see that this is what I want to do with my life, and that is the most valuable part.

Bofore coming to this university the number one thing I wish I knew about would be, how much money you really are going to need for school. It's hard to keep up with tuition and fees. I am afraid of having to drop out because i can't afford the school I have always wanted to go to.

There isn't much to say abut Fairleigh Dickinson University. If I had to say something that was bad about it, I would say the tuition. Money doesn't grow on trees, this school is expensive for me. I love the education and majors they offer, but the school is too expensive, unfortunately.

Lisa

So far, my college experience has taught me that in order to be successful, i have to be the pilot in my flight to my future. I shouldn't let others tell me what to do with my life. I should fight in what i believe in, and i should never be too proud to ask for help. I also learned a lot about different cultures that i would never have learned if i weren't surrounded by so much diversity. It has been valuble to attend because it has restored my confidence in myself, and made me believe that if i stick to what i want to do, and go full-force, i will succeed. The information i have learned thus far, i feel isn't just school work, i believe they are life lessons, and i cannot thank my professors enough in making my first year of college worthwhile.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be one who is willing to step out of their comfort zone in order to be successful. One is all about being challenged and taking chances. Someone who likes diversity and learning about other cultures. A respectful person who is willing to treat their professors and peers the way they expect to be treated. One who likes to walk to each class and wont have to worry about being late since the campus is small. One who doesn't mind spending time with professors. and getting to know them.

The kind of person who should not attend this school, is someone who isn't serious about their future. Someone who is close-minded and would rather party than do their schoolwork. A person who is a follower, not a leader, should probably look for another school. One who isn't open about learning and gaining experiences in the real world, should not attend. Someone who doen't want a great school, with great professors, and nice scenery, should probably not apply to Fairleigh Dickinson University.

Dustin

From my college experience to this date, I have learned to appreciate education in a whole new way now that I have to pay for my schooling. Having the responsibility to put myself through college is teaching me the importance of determination, and that without it there is little incentive to succeed. Through college, I am getting a taste of what the real world has to offer, as I am now dependent on myself, and that the push to succeed is all on my shoulders now. College is not mandatory education, but going to college is providing me with the tools that will benefit me greatly in a future job and open many new career opportunities that a high school diploma will not. Attending college is a privilege that I hold dearly, as there are many people that do not get the chance to go to college after high school, and I am doing the best I can to hold myself to a high standard that will make the extra years of schooling worth the time and the money.

Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.