Teaneck, NJ
Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus

Fixed  rate loan

Alisha

I never realized how hard the transition was going to be going from high school to college but the truth is my high school never prepared me for the challenges I would face. Adapting to a new area, making new friends and being away from my family was hard enough for me, and on top of this I filled my financial aid out late and got denied into my apartment because I was only 17 at the time. In my opinion all high schools need to offer a class to teach students life long skills that will help them in the real world. My senior year, I did not take seriously, and because I already had all my credits I took easy classes becuase I figured they would be an easy "A". I did recieved a 3.7 g.p.a. at the end, but if I had to do it all over again I would have taken school a lot more seriously because the scholarship money alone would have been worth it. Looking back I realize how unmotivated I was and how my decisions affect me everyday.

Rosemarie

I attend a Community College program with Fairleigh Dickinson. I will be able to complete my Bachelor's and eventually my Master's degree at a satellite campus. The convenience that this allows me is priceless. My school also has a reputation of having the most expensive credits per semester. My school is sometimes known as "Fairly Ridiculous" because of the credit cost.

My college experience has been unforgetable for me. I often refer to a diploma as a "Willy Wonka Golden Ticket". I have learned so much about myself while attending school. I can honestly say that I don't think it would have meant that much to me if I had continued my college education immediately after graduating high school. The opportunity for me to return to school many years later has made it that much sweeter. I now know that a higher education is needed in order to achieve stronger employment goals . I have had the opportunity to meet many like-minded students who I can respectfully debate philosophical or literary topics. Experiencing these moments gives me the momentum to continue my studies, no matter how draining it can be to work full time, raise a family and attend classes at night and on Saturdays. I know that in the end, the finished product will be well worth the hard journey.

I am enjoying my classes and have connected strongly to the professors that teach my courses. Unfortunately, it is frustrating when meeting with my advisor or contacting the financial aid office. As I am attending a satellite campus, the main offices are about an hour's drive. I often need to play phone tag and email my requests. The inability to meet face to face with Fairleigh Dickinson representatives is frustrating.

Reena

If I could go back in time and tell myself one thing about college it is that prioritising and starting your work early is the only way to ensure that you wont go crazy doing a ton of work in a short amount of time. That and a nice cup of coffee can keep you running but the energy drinks they give out at midnight breakfast dont help much.

Before attending this school I wish I would have known that the library wasnt open 24 hours and how to use their web advisery programs more effectively.

A person who would like to be invovled in every aspect of social and perfessional life. Especially meeting and interacting with people from all over the world. A plus is if they love New York City because it is literally 15 mins away .

Stacie

I would tell myself that it is okay to not know what you want to do for the rest of your life yet. I chose a major I thought was interesting and went to a 4-year university. By the end of my sophomore year, I had 12 credits in non-general education classes that. I would tell myself to go to community college and knock out those general education requirements while I was figuring out what I wanted to study. This would save me tens of thousands of dollars and lots of time!!! I could always finish my education at a 4-year university once I had a better idea of what I wanted to do and got some of the mandatory classes out of the way.

The leniency in transferring credits from other institutions. I bounced around for a while in my early college career and most of my credits were accepted at FDU.

The academic advisement! It seems no one can give you a straight answer and I often get conflicting information. Navigating the college program can get confusing and it would be helpful to have some guidence.

Jonathan

My Classmates are all ambitious and unique.

My Classmates are all ambitious and unique.

My University is known for creating opportunities for all the upcoming students.

If i had the chance to revisit myself from high school I would inform him on all the obstacles he would face. Adapting to College is a huge transition. You come to realize that your town is small compared with all the different communities around. The University also has numerous events, sports, clubs, fraternities and sororities and much more. The Campus is large and contains a great student life. It includes a gym, recreational center, soccer field, softball and baseball field, and a building for the student activities known as the the Student Union Building. College life is delightful, but you must be responible with your grades and financial aid. Finally, I would tell myself to enjoy the experience.

Katherine

Fairleigh Dickinson University is best know for its global education. It has many partnerships and academic affialiation with other colleges or universities around the world that allow the students to experince it for themselves. FDU had four campus; two in New Jersey, Canada-Vancouver, and in England-Wronxton.

Go back and do more research on each college you have choosen! Do I see myself staying here and learning for four years? What extracurricular opportunities are available on campus? What programs/degrees do they offer? These should be some of the few questions I should have been asking myself when picking a college. Knowing that I have chosen the college that matches my needs and wants ahead of time would have saved me time, money, and happiness. I wish I had done more research and taken time to visit before applying.

Most of the students on my campus commutes! Yes, there are dorms, but not enough. Since there are not many students dorming, it is hard to have a social life in my campus. Those who do dorm, like myself, end up going back home in New York during the weekends. It would be better if more students were residents unstead of cummuters to add more activities, events, and interactions to the campus to make the campus more lively.

Mary

FDU is a culturally diverse school where you learn both inside and outside of the classroom.

Your college years really are the best years of your life. You make life long friends, test your moral character and learn things about yourself that you would have never known otherwise! But don't get so comsued with the fun and friends that you forget the real reason why you're here. To succede, to make something of yourself, and to prove to yourself and everyone who said you couldn't make it that you really are strong and you really can endure!

The cost of tuition! It's a struggle to come up with the money to pay for school, almost to the point where I become so distracted with money that classes take the backseat.

Kathleen

My classmates are diverse; the people at FDU are a true mix bag. I feel that many of the students at FDU come from privileged families and are just to have fun because finances aren't really an object to them. Having said that I feel that a lot of people don't really strive to do well here, rather they just aim to get by. On the other hand, there are many international and some middle/ lower class students here on scholarships. Those students are very driven and work hard, but they are the minority.

I was very attracted to FDU because of its location and connections with the United Nations in New York. This school hosts online and live lectures from various ambassadors from around the world. The school also offers an internship in the United Nations. The faculty for the political science and international relations courses is excellent. The professors are noted people int heir fields and are really competent in their subject areas.

Knowing what I know now about college, there are a few words of wisdom that I would have like to have taken more to heart my freshman year. For one, never drink anything that sounds like it could possibly breed mosquitoes (ie swamp muck, jungle juice, etc). The people that mix these drinks could put a number of things in them without the drinker ever knowing. I now know that I should never drink anything unless I open it myself or watch someone mix it. Also, there is nothing wrong with not wanting to be in a sorority or fraternity that does questionably sane things on a regular basis. If people don?t want to be your friend because you won?t go through their insane pledge processes than they really don?t value you the way you should be valued in the first place. Lastly, stick to your personal beliefs (religious or otherwise) and professional goals. Remember to always be pleasant and present yourself the best way you can, you never know who can help you out later in life. College is about finding your own path, not treading down the other one with everyone else.

Maria

?Hey Maria I?d,? whisper, ?there is 5000 dollars with your name on it? I?d yell to myself! Going back into time I would tell myself this one thing, make my education my job! I spent my summer and part of my senior year looking and searching for a job in order to help myself with my college tuition. I soon realized that being a full time student is a job in itself. When I say I should have made my education my job, full-time, I should have completed more scholarship applications. Because I spent my summer worrying about finding a job, I found my self not making any money at all! Looking back into that dreadful year I know I could have/ should have earned a summation of money by completing scholarships. Eight hours a day with a pen in my hand and a question to ponder would have made me rich. Better yet I would be worry free, stress free, and better focused on my studies now! The advice I give myself and to any person trying to achieve a greater education is to yell at yourself sometimes and make your education your full-time job!

I wish I had known more about the financial aid office! I did not understand how I had all of this financial aid and bill not covered. Not only do I wish I had known more about them but it is also frustrating and stressful when trying to focus on your studies.

The most frustrating aspect of my school is the walk across the birdge! Walking from my dorm to Dickinson Hall can be a killer sometimes. Especially when your not there for class! The walk seems like a breeze somedays and like a country mile on others. This is so frustrating because when your done with class you just want to relax but you must cross the bridge before you can do that!!

Evelyn

I love my school, but it is too expensive for me to pay it.

I love my school, but it is too expensive for me to pay it.

When I was in college, the only thing I used to think is that it doesn't matter the price of your education, what matters is that you feel secure of where you are going to get it. Now, I strongly believe that it really matters how much money you education can cost you because throughout your student career, thinking that you will own so much money after graduate it bothers you and stress you a lot. However, it is very important to choose the right school for you because at the end it is about what you learn, not what your paid.

The worst thing about my school is the cost of the credits and tuition, and the little help you could get from its financial department.

Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.