Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus

« See more reviews of Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus

If i could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior then I would tell myself that high school is nothing like college and i got to be prepared. I need to make a plan and stick to it but don't look back and keep your head up. I would also tell myself to never give up and keep going. I would also tell myself that you will have to do alot of growning up and the people you talk to know you won't talk to later so do what i have to do to make my college experience much easier. I would also tell myself to make sure you do something you love in college and even if college is hard it is all worth it in the end. College will help you in life and help you get far in life and no matter what moutain comes your way know that you can climb over that moutain and succeed in anything that you want to do and put your mind to. I would also tell myself to have fun in college but still remember what you are there for. To learn.

My college experience has been unforgetable for me. I often refer to a diploma as a "Willy Wonka Golden Ticket". I have learned so much about myself while attending school. I can honestly say that I don't think it would have meant that much to me if I had continued my college education immediately after graduating high school. The opportunity for me to return to school many years later has made it that much sweeter. I now know that a higher education is needed in order to achieve stronger employment goals . I have had the opportunity to meet many like-minded students who I can respectfully debate philosophical or literary topics. Experiencing these moments gives me the momentum to continue my studies, no matter how draining it can be to work full time, raise a family and attend classes at night and on Saturdays. I know that in the end, the finished product will be well worth the hard journey.

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school student, I would tell myself that I should always give my one hundred percent best, and that I should never give up on anything. Even though there can be times that get rough, and you feel like you can't go any further with things, that I should always push through the hard times. I should always take advice from my college teachers, and let them help me whenever I need their help. Also, I would tell myself to pay full attention during high school and to take more notes during high school because once you get into college, you will be taking about five pages of notes each day. The main thing is to never let anything get in your way of pursuing your dreams, always follow them. To end this, I would like to share a quote from Nelson Mandela: "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."

College is not scary, but it is important. Do not put it off, it may seem like a few months or a few years don't make that big of a difference but they do. The longer you wait, the more you forget, not just the information, the numbers, the formulas, the textbook answers, but how to do it. Thriving in school is a learned skill and if you don't practice it, you lose it. Don't risk losing it, jump in, get it done, because if you don't you will have four kids to provide for and you will have to explain to them why it is important for them to get good grades and go to college but it wasn't important for you. Be someone your kids can look up to, make a future for them and lead by example. Study hard, enjoy learning, have a passion for it, because anything done without passion isn't worth doing at all.

Advice I would give parents and/ or students about finding the right college would be to look into every aspect about the school. Encounters such as academics,class size, social life, diversity, variety, extra curricular activities,tuition,and faculty are very important factors to look in to. Make sure the school suits your personality and comfort level, because you will be spending quite some time there. You should also visit the school ,feel the atmosphere and interact with a few people before making a decision. That also helped me in my college making decision. As for making the most of your college experience I learned one thing that I will never forget. " its what you make of it" . In the end, it is really about what you made out of the school, not what the school made out of you.

The advice I would give to parents and students would be to do a lot of research before his or her senior year of high school.Visit one's guidence counselor for advice and go to as many open houses at schools that one is interested in . After, deciding the schools, one is interested in; he or she should research for the scholarships and grants that one can obtain. While figuring out all the financial standpoints, one should apply at a good amount of schools and apply early as well. Reason being as the old saying goes ?the early bird gets the worm? the earlier one sends out the application the faster one will get response. In conclusion, the advice I would give is doeverything early and get all the information before one makes one of the biggest decision of his or her academic career.

When looking for a college that suits you the best, you really have to think about a lot of things. You have to worry most of all if you are going to be comfortable and feel as if you are at home where you will be going to school. You do not want to go to a school where you are going to wish that you were home every single day because then you are going to have a bad experience there. Being comfortable is very important. Also, you want to find out about surrounding areas, what kind of people will be attending the school, what kind of professor and if the school has the major that you are interested in. There are so many things that you have to think about when looking for the correct college but I would say to just make sure that you are comfortable there.

So far, my college experience has taught me that in order to be successful, i have to be the pilot in my flight to my future. I shouldn't let others tell me what to do with my life. I should fight in what i believe in, and i should never be too proud to ask for help. I also learned a lot about different cultures that i would never have learned if i weren't surrounded by so much diversity. It has been valuble to attend because it has restored my confidence in myself, and made me believe that if i stick to what i want to do, and go full-force, i will succeed. The information i have learned thus far, i feel isn't just school work, i believe they are life lessons, and i cannot thank my professors enough in making my first year of college worthwhile.

Dear Heather, Life is all about the experience. However, the choices that make up the experience are what define the lessons you learn. Going to college should be exciting and challenging , but nothing you can't handle. Study hard, go to your classes, and most imprtantly have fun. Getting good grades is importnant, but living in a box, better know as your dorm room, isn't worth the opportunities and great people you'll miss out on. Join organiztions that interest you, try something new, create your own club if you want to. Your going to be at a school for four years, make each day one to remember. Be yourself and discover new things along the way. College is just another chapter in the book of your life, your in charge of your story.

First i would tell myself to try to raise money and apply to scholarships so that i would have the opportunity of dorming on campus. People who dorm just have a better experience of the college life. Then i would make sure i start training myself to get my work done early and not procarasinate. I would not let college socializing to come in the way of me getting my work done. I would also tell myself to start searching for jobs early so that when i am in college i already have a job. I wouldnt buy my books the minute i get my list of books i would wait for school to start and speak to upperclassmen about buying thier books for cheaper. Ans most importantly i would remind myself that when things get tough just strive foward.