Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus

« See more reviews of Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be to look into more schools and send applications in to more schools. Although I enjoy living in a metropolitan area, I should have done more research and found other schools within the area. As a high school senior, I also should have gone on more college visits. I only took a college visit to the school I am currently attending because I thought that there were no flaws. Come to find out, even though the advisor I met with told me I could major in European history, as soon as I was attending the university, I found out that my major isn't offered. Finally, as a high school senior, I would apply for more scholarships and get a job on campus my first semester.

Cutting and failing class and taking your teachers for granted has to be one of the stupidest things that you can do. Because of those actions are going affect your chances to attend the college of your dreams. Being cool in high school will not take you anywhere in the future. Even if you think it's uncool to study and care about college JUST DO IT! Because those F and low grade point average may seem unimportant but it will be decisions that colllege admissioners will see. I'm not saying to give up your social life, but for now keep your education a priority. You have the rest of your life to seem cool, but for now think about the career and dreams you want. Trust me one day you're going to thank me for this.

If i had the chance to revisit myself from high school I would inform him on all the obstacles he would face. Adapting to College is a huge transition. You come to realize that your town is small compared with all the different communities around. The University also has numerous events, sports, clubs, fraternities and sororities and much more. The Campus is large and contains a great student life. It includes a gym, recreational center, soccer field, softball and baseball field, and a building for the student activities known as the the Student Union Building. College life is delightful, but you must be responible with your grades and financial aid. Finally, I would tell myself to enjoy the experience.

For students: Make sure you include your parents when it comes to choosing colleges. They will help prevent you from getting in over your head financially. It is easy to lose connection and communication with your parents once you live on campus and start governing your own life. Don't keep them in the dark, and try to stay just as connected as you were before you left for college. Parents always know when something is wrong, and can help you move past any problems you are having. For parents: Kids are just as scared of being on their own as you are of letting them go off on their own. Stay connected, but don't smother and try not to pass judgement. College students are stressed out enough as is.

I advice student and parents to do as much research as possible before making a selection. There are many great colleges out there that students can attend. Also before selecting the schools students should visit the campus and get the sense of home. If the student feel like home when they visit the camput than that's definitely the right college. College is amazing and getting the best of it is the number one thing students should look forward too. There is nothing better than recieving an education where the student feels comfortable and enjoys every second of it. Finding the right school is the most accomplishing task after graduating high school.

I would tell myself that it is okay to not know what you want to do for the rest of your life yet. I chose a major I thought was interesting and went to a 4-year university. By the end of my sophomore year, I had 12 credits in non-general education classes that. I would tell myself to go to community college and knock out those general education requirements while I was figuring out what I wanted to study. This would save me tens of thousands of dollars and lots of time!!! I could always finish my education at a 4-year university once I had a better idea of what I wanted to do and got some of the mandatory classes out of the way.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to really take in all the knowledge they are teaching me as well as apply for a variety of scholarships. I would tell myself to make a list of what you need and to not go shopping last minute for college things. I would tell myself to save up money for text books. I would tell myself to really buckle down. If I had an opportunity to go back in to time to do this, my freshmen year wouldn't be as difficult as people claim it to be. I would also tell myself to becareful with the food. Freshmen 15 is not a joke.

When I was in college, the only thing I used to think is that it doesn't matter the price of your education, what matters is that you feel secure of where you are going to get it. Now, I strongly believe that it really matters how much money you education can cost you because throughout your student career, thinking that you will own so much money after graduate it bothers you and stress you a lot. However, it is very important to choose the right school for you because at the end it is about what you learn, not what your paid.

Go back and do more research on each college you have choosen! Do I see myself staying here and learning for four years? What extracurricular opportunities are available on campus? What programs/degrees do they offer? These should be some of the few questions I should have been asking myself when picking a college. Knowing that I have chosen the college that matches my needs and wants ahead of time would have saved me time, money, and happiness. I wish I had done more research and taken time to visit before applying.

Do not choose a college just because your friends plan on going there. Choosing to travel your own path will present you will amazing opportunities to experience things differently than others and introduce you to some really amazing people. Make sure you make decisions based on what is best for you economically. Keep in mind that your education will help you achieve great goals, and that you will have the opportunity to apply for financial aid and apply for scholarships!