Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus

« See more reviews of Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus

I would tell myself to review my notebooks and textbooks from highschool to retain the knowledge and to also take my studies more seriously. I will tell myself that i need to mature more and take more responsibility for my actions because in the coming years i would nt mature and take control of my life and it will spiral out of control. So the only advice i have from my past self would be to take my academic studies more seriously and to take responsibility for my actions.

Your college years really are the best years of your life. You make life long friends, test your moral character and learn things about yourself that you would have never known otherwise! But don't get so comsued with the fun and friends that you forget the real reason why you're here. To succede, to make something of yourself, and to prove to yourself and everyone who said you couldn't make it that you really are strong and you really can endure!

Dear High School self, Do not listen to your father when it comes to college, follow your heart and apply to every college in the country. The world of education is a large ocean, the college that you want is your Nemo and you are in the sea trying to find it. Just remember to put your all into where ever you go make friends and be happy. The world will keep spinning even when you're frowning. Signed, Your Future Self

I would tell myself to not give up after graduating high school. I would tell myself to continue having the drive I always had and to go to college right after high school graduation and get a degree that could help me in my future rather than just having fun not having any responsibilities. I would say "Focus on your goals and don't let yourself get distracted to swayed away from your goals and dreams"

I would tell my self that even though i know how hard it will be that i should keep my sole focus on academics and become more disciplined. I would tell myself don't let pride get the best of you. If you know you need help than ask or if you know the financial struggle just start off slow with a different school. Don't let there be any chance for a set back. Be prepared.

If I could go back in time and tell myself one thing about college it is that prioritising and starting your work early is the only way to ensure that you wont go crazy doing a ton of work in a short amount of time. That and a nice cup of coffee can keep you running but the energy drinks they give out at midnight breakfast dont help much.

I have became much more self motivated and self reliant from attending college. I can now handle situations on my own that my mother used to handle for me. I also have gained a sense of self confidence through my independence. College has taught me to adapt to a diverse assortment of people and situations.

My recommendation for prospective students would be to list their priorities. Figure out what you really want in a school, and stick to that. Secondly, I would make sure I visit my choice campus several times throughout the year prior to enrollment. It is importnant to see campus life throughout the year.

A prospective student should do a lot of research in order to find the right school. Parents and students should also look at their financial situation and must select a school that matches available funds. Students should also apply themselves in order to have the best college experience.

I would attend a community college for 2 years and then transfer to a four year school. I would have saved alot of money and time if I only knew what direction I was heading and had a goal set in my mind. Unfortunatly I was looking for a college experience that I did not eve experience.