Fairmont, WV
Fairmont State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fairmont State University

Christy

My classmates seem to have a good idea of what they want out of life.

My classmates seem to have a good idea of what they want out of life.

I would advise myself to choose a major instead of going to school undecided that way I would have a higher chance of success. I would also tell my past self to not let others influence me and to make my own choices on what I want edinstead of what others have said or done.

I would say that anyone looking to better themselves and further their education should consider attending Fairmont State University.

James

Don't get so wrapped up in someone else's life that you skip out on your own. Fairmont State U has a lot of good people, and a lot of fun programs to engage in, so you really don't want to get so hurt by others before going that you spend all your days in an emotional rough patch. If you do end up in one, go check out the school counsellor and see if she can help you through it, after all, that's what counsellors do. P.S. Don't have an attitude. No one at school is out to play power games with you, and attitudes just get in the way of doing good work no matter where you are.

The best thing about the school would have to be the diversity of programs, both academic and extracurricular, that are available. The support system for clubs is currently undergoing some changes, but has not been difficult to use in the past and should not become any more difficult now. It is relatively easy to create a new club if a small number of people want to try something that isn't currently available.

The person attending this school should not expect to get preferential treatment outside of the local area just by saying the name of the school. Laid back students who enjoy a challenge but aren't looking to break themselves working will do best at Fairmont State because while the workload is big at times it's not something you're going to have spend every waking moment working at.

My classmates are very friendly and helpful, and have a lot in common with me, since the majority of us are in the same major...

It is hard to say what advie I would give myself if I could "write a letter to me" as a high school senior. However, the main thing that comes to mind is I would tell myself to not take all easy classes. I thought I was being smart by taking all my required/hard classes in my first three years, but then I realize my first year of college I have forgotten a lot of what I was taught in grades 9-11. Needless to say, the advice I would give myself would be to take harder classes.

When speaking about Fairmont State University, I always have to brag about the small classes. Other schools, such as WVU, may have 300 students in their classes, but FSU has around 30 at the most. I love the smaller classes because you really get to know your teacher on a name to name basis. It is easier to receive help this way, whether you're in the classroom or contacting through e-mail, which I feel has helped to improve my grades.

Cassandra

Most of my classmates are immature and they don't understand what it is like being in the real world yet, working for a living and supporting themselves.

I would tell myself to buckle down and pay more attention. I would tell myself to challenge myself more by taking harder classes. I would tell myself not to worry about the way I am dresses and worry more about what I am going to do with the rest of my life. I would tell my high school senior self that the boy I am dating will stick around and I could play softball of basketball and try for a scholorship, I got married to that man. He has stuck with me through alot, he would have stayed with me if I played sports. I would tell myself that he will be there when high school is over. If not for him, I wouldn't have this opportunity to attend college now.

The best thing about my school of choice is the effort the faculty put into students education. The professors I have had so far have went far and beyond what they are required to do so the students understand what they are teaching. They talk to us like we are people and they adjust their teaching techniques to each student.

tiffany

i'm not sure, probably the area we are in.

i'm not sure, probably the area we are in.

start from the beginning. don't wait and take a semester off. take at least 15 hours of classes per semester. don't let yourself get behind. stay on track and use good study skills. don't let the little things get to you. keep yourself goal-oriented and everything will be okay. just focus and do your best.

the cafeteria rules. you can only have so much in a to-go box and you can't share food with anybody who doesn't have a meal plan. i pay for the food, if i can't eat it, why let it go to waste?

They're very friendly, nice, and always willing to help each other.

I would have told myself to really set down and figure out the best ways to study, learn how to be more open and to be able to ask teachers for help when i don't understand something about the class.

barrett

LIsten to your parents and stay in school. View your studies as an acomplishment you will be proud of not as a chore that never gets done. Although at the time, you may feel that relationships with your peers are the most important thing in your life, they aren't. People come and go, but knowledge is forever.

Susannah

When it comes to picking your college, make sure you do vast ammounts of research; look in places you would never think to look. While I love the university I am attending and I think it is a fantastic school, I made the mistake of just picking a college within in the state soley for instate tuition. It's important for the student to choose a college that is right for them and that not only has the major they wish to pursue, but also has other things there to pursue happiness. I think a lot of students choose a college just for the purpose of reputation and then find that the size or location isn't suitable for their happiness. To make the most out of a college experience, students need not only study hard, but give themselves time to grow as humans and not just students. Explore every option or events your college puts out, try new things, be very open-minded, and try not to lose sight of your goals. Employers want graduates who are intelligent and have great grades, but that 4.0 average doesn't mean much if you aren't well rounded and adjusted.

With all the information that the school sent me, I was well informed. Maybe more information about the weather, even though they do a really good job at keeping the campus clear and safe during inclement weather.

The worst thing is probably the occasional lack of things to do outside of school related activites, whether they be fun extra curricular or studying or social.

If someone tells you that you can't go to college because of a learning disability, they're wrong; if you really want to go, you can if you are willing to work hard for it.

I wish that I had realized how easy it can be to loose focus your first time away from home; when your parents aren't there to "bug" you about the things you need to do rather than the things you want to do.

I talk about our library with its awesome computers and our awesome physical fitness center.

Rose

FSU is a very friendly college where I feel welcomed and know that if I need anything, I'll be able to get help somewhere on campus.

I think FSU is best known for it's small class sizes and that the teachers are always willing to help!

The advice that I would give is to visit all of the colleges that you are interested in and which ever one makes you feel the most welcomed, that's where you want to be. As of making most of the college experience, I don't think I can talk much about that because I live at home so I am usually not on campus when the social activities are taking place, but I am sure that they are fun, and sometimes I regret that I don't attend them. A school that makes you feel welcomed and has a comforting environment is where you want to be!

Fairmont State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.