Fairmont, WV
Fairmont State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fairmont State University

Cassandra

Most of my classmates are immature and they don't understand what it is like being in the real world yet, working for a living and supporting themselves.

I would tell myself to buckle down and pay more attention. I would tell myself to challenge myself more by taking harder classes. I would tell myself not to worry about the way I am dresses and worry more about what I am going to do with the rest of my life. I would tell my high school senior self that the boy I am dating will stick around and I could play softball of basketball and try for a scholorship, I got married to that man. He has stuck with me through alot, he would have stayed with me if I played sports. I would tell myself that he will be there when high school is over. If not for him, I wouldn't have this opportunity to attend college now.

The best thing about my school of choice is the effort the faculty put into students education. The professors I have had so far have went far and beyond what they are required to do so the students understand what they are teaching. They talk to us like we are people and they adjust their teaching techniques to each student.

tiffany

i'm not sure, probably the area we are in.

i'm not sure, probably the area we are in.

start from the beginning. don't wait and take a semester off. take at least 15 hours of classes per semester. don't let yourself get behind. stay on track and use good study skills. don't let the little things get to you. keep yourself goal-oriented and everything will be okay. just focus and do your best.

the cafeteria rules. you can only have so much in a to-go box and you can't share food with anybody who doesn't have a meal plan. i pay for the food, if i can't eat it, why let it go to waste?

They're very friendly, nice, and always willing to help each other.

I would have told myself to really set down and figure out the best ways to study, learn how to be more open and to be able to ask teachers for help when i don't understand something about the class.

barrett

LIsten to your parents and stay in school. View your studies as an acomplishment you will be proud of not as a chore that never gets done. Although at the time, you may feel that relationships with your peers are the most important thing in your life, they aren't. People come and go, but knowledge is forever.

Susannah

When it comes to picking your college, make sure you do vast ammounts of research; look in places you would never think to look. While I love the university I am attending and I think it is a fantastic school, I made the mistake of just picking a college within in the state soley for instate tuition. It's important for the student to choose a college that is right for them and that not only has the major they wish to pursue, but also has other things there to pursue happiness. I think a lot of students choose a college just for the purpose of reputation and then find that the size or location isn't suitable for their happiness. To make the most out of a college experience, students need not only study hard, but give themselves time to grow as humans and not just students. Explore every option or events your college puts out, try new things, be very open-minded, and try not to lose sight of your goals. Employers want graduates who are intelligent and have great grades, but that 4.0 average doesn't mean much if you aren't well rounded and adjusted.

With all the information that the school sent me, I was well informed. Maybe more information about the weather, even though they do a really good job at keeping the campus clear and safe during inclement weather.

The worst thing is probably the occasional lack of things to do outside of school related activites, whether they be fun extra curricular or studying or social.

If someone tells you that you can't go to college because of a learning disability, they're wrong; if you really want to go, you can if you are willing to work hard for it.

I wish that I had realized how easy it can be to loose focus your first time away from home; when your parents aren't there to "bug" you about the things you need to do rather than the things you want to do.

I talk about our library with its awesome computers and our awesome physical fitness center.

Rose

FSU is a very friendly college where I feel welcomed and know that if I need anything, I'll be able to get help somewhere on campus.

I think FSU is best known for it's small class sizes and that the teachers are always willing to help!

The advice that I would give is to visit all of the colleges that you are interested in and which ever one makes you feel the most welcomed, that's where you want to be. As of making most of the college experience, I don't think I can talk much about that because I live at home so I am usually not on campus when the social activities are taking place, but I am sure that they are fun, and sometimes I regret that I don't attend them. A school that makes you feel welcomed and has a comforting environment is where you want to be!

Tara

The classes are small so teachers can give one on one time with students who are in need of it. They know you by name and it is a more personal relationship.

Find something that you REALLY want to do and find a college that has the right classes and best suits the career that you want. Make sure the college really cares about the program you want to participate in. Also make sure you put time into the school and you will get the most of it.

There isnt much parking so you have to walk alot to get to classes and sometimes the weather makes that difficult.

I would have to say go with the college that best "fits you". As far as making the best out of the college experience, live life with no regets (legally that is).

I would have to say that people who love the city should not come to this school. This school is wonderful, but located in a very rural area. People who love big class sizes should not attend here either, because this school is more on the smaller scale.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of financial aid. I really need scholorships in order to attend school here, and the school offers very few. All I have are loans, and I would really like to enjoy the bemefits of a scholarship.

Chace

Small, community school that everyone goes to if they dont have much money or if they only want to get a small degree.

I would definately tell students, dont pick a college just because your friends are going there. Make sure the one you pick offers a wide variety of degrees in case you decided you dont like your first pick in degrees. Also, dont go to a college known for partying. Even if you arent a partier, every other student that is can effect your studying and could effect your grades. Parents, I would say make sure the school has a good financial aid office and good campus security.

The financial aid office hardly ever gets my refund check to me before classes begin so I have to come up with money to buy books and school supplies I need.

Fairmont State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.