Montgomery, AL
Faulkner University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Faulkner University

Melanie

My school is best known for being a Christian school and the Jones School of Law. They are trying to build up their athletics department by starting new sports programs such as womens basketball coming in fall 2010. Many people come to Faulkner University for their renowned law school.

I've gained more independence, courage, and responsibility than I ever imagined from being in college. I have learned that if I want to make good grades, I have to work hard for them, they are not just given. Having to pay for my college education on my own has made me want to make the best grades I can, because I do not want to waste my money. I have learned to be more out going in college. College is valuable to attend not because of educational benefits alone but because of how much life experience you gain as well. While in college you learn so much about yourself and learn to handle situations on your own. No matter what major you are in college you are required to take classes that have nothing to do with your major. Some of these classes may seem trivial but they actually help you look at things critically instead of just focus on the obvious.

Faulkner University is a good school for students who learn better in small classes. A student that attends Faulkner University should be aware that chapel is mandatory for most students is Monay-Thursday for 20-30 minutes in their gym. A student that has strong Christian beliefs would fit in perfectly due to the mandatory bible classes that must be taken in exchange for electives such as art etc.. A student should be willing to due 40 hours of community service required by all Faulkner University students.

Randi

I would advice myself not to worry as much! When I decided that I would attend Faulkner my mother didn't agree with my choice because of the cost and distance but I didn't let that stop me. However, during my senior year of high school it caused me a lot stress and some fighting with my mom. I would also tell myself to take the time that I am still at home to be with my family more, especially my grandfather. This past summer my grandfather passed away and ever since I have felt guilty because I do not feel I took enough time to spend with him when I had opprotunities and instead I went off with some of my friends. I also tell myself not to worry so much about high school drama because that is all it is and in a few more years none of it will matter any more because I will be almost a thousand miles away at college. Lastly I would tell myself that everything is going to be okay and that as long as I am true to myself and keep God first in my life everything will work out.

Faulkner University is a place for Christians. If you are looking for a college to help you with not only your future on this Earth but also your future after this life then Faulkner is where you want to be. If you come here you will recieve help in your worldly life as well as your spiritual life.

I believe that students who are not interested in Christianity shoudl not attend this university. My reasoning for this is because most of the students here wanted to be in an area where they could be surrounded by Christians or people who are seeking to find their faith. If students who are not interested in these things attend Faulkner it make it more difficult for them as well as some other students.

cortrina

If i could go back in time when i was in high school i would advise myself to prepare more in my class ,by taking more collge prep classes so i want be to lost when i get to college. i would also tell muself to have more fun. when you attend college its a time for you find yourself and how ca n you find yourself if you dont let the real you come out. i was very indepedent in high school which is ine reason why i am able to handle all the freedom i have in college. i would tell myself to keep on being indepedent because it will pay off.

the best thing about Faulkner is that it is like a family the teacher really help you . it a smaller school which gives you more one on one time with the teacher. also it a faith based school

to prepare because college is really different than high school. In high school people are telling you what to do and how to do it. in college you are on your own if you need help you have to ask for it. the work is different also you have to remember when your work is do.

Creseida

What makes my school unique is that besides it being a small college you really have enough room to meet new people with all of the on campus social events it has going like clubs, sports, and academic clubs. Teachers are very hands on and they are willing to do whatever it takes for you to succeed. They truly do believe that nothing is to impossible if you have the right people around.

Walking into college my first semester was a challenge I was far away from home I didn't really know anyone, nor was I truly taking the time to. No one ever told me that the people you meet could either help you and change your life or they could ruin it forever. I was more along the path of people trying to change mine so that I could get out of here. When I was a senior no one walked me through all of the hardships I was going to endure and all of the tears I was going to cry, they made it sound so miraculous and great. If I could go back in time I would tell myself to pace myself, meaning no need to rush into things that would always be there. I would have told myself to take some "me time" every once in awhile and not to get caught up in the hype because everything is truly not what it seems.

When I talk to my friends about my school I usually tell them that it is a really nice christian enviornment where you grow and learn about God in the most amazing ways. You meet some of the most amazing and genuine people that care and want to help you in anyway you can. You get a chance to grow in the bible and it not being shoved to you it is all understandable and I tell them that I would not have chosen anywhere else.

Hunter

Religion plays a huge part in the operation of the school. Almost all guidelines are made with biblical principles in mind. There is a zero tolerance for drugs/alcoholic drinking on campus and the largest class size is about 40.

I would have told my self to do better and push for the grades I could have easily made. And to choose Faulkner first before doing a year at another school then transferring in. To study at least 90% of the materials before going out and that making it into college is just the begining of the journey. The rest comes during the semester, keeping up the grades and reacting accordingly to the midterm grades.

If I were able to go back in time and tell myself something about college life, I would tell myself not to worry about getting a boyfriend so much. I would say concentrate on your schoolwork and don't just settle with the first guy that thinks your cute and devote your whole life to him. Your life should be devoted to yourself and God, not to some guy that is going to use you and cause you to do things you regret and leave you feeling hopeless. If you concentrate on the school work and get through college and make a life for yourself, then you may think about boys, not your freshman year.

That they didn't offer all the classes I need.

The classes are very small. Enabling students to have one-on-one time with professors. It is a Christian environment that does not allow for typical partying like you would find at a state university. There is a significant focus on service work and community out reach. Faulkner does not have typical sororities of fraternities. Instead there are male and female social service clubs.

Always visit the school you are applying for before finalizing anything. You may think you like the school, but the campus may not actually be what you want. Remember the college you attend is more than just a name. It's where you live, eat, sleep, and build life long friendships. Once you hae found your perfect school; get involved! Nothing is worse than sitting in your room on the weekends with nothing to do. Join a club, a sorority or fraternity, or even campaign to be a member of Student Government. Explore your surroundings as well. There's more to campus living than staying on campus. It is very likely that you are now living in a city that is foreign to you. Find out where students go when they want to get away. School work is important first and foremost, there's no denying that. However, you won't be doing homework all the time. You're not only learning to get a career down the road, you're learning life skills. Get involved! Get involved! Get involved!

Someone who doesn't mind living in a tight knit community

Tim

My classmates, for the most part, are pretty cool. Willing to help out if needed and i get along pretty well with most of the...

My classmates, for the most part, are pretty cool. Willing to help out if needed and i get along pretty well with most of them.

Pick a school that will allow you to use your imagination. A place that will encourage creativity and will help you accomplish your goals and your dreams in becoming what you want to be. A place that will not only develop you as a student and future employee, but a place that will help develop you as a person and as a citizen. A school that will help you leave that school a better person.

The best thing would probably have to be the spiritual aspect of the school. There are so many opportunities to get closer God, from service projects, to devos on campus all the time. It's wonderful

Melissa

The Religion and our Chapel and how friendly and helpful everyone is.

The Religion and our Chapel and how friendly and helpful everyone is.

You talk about God. The classroom small enough where you get to know your proffesor and get help if you need it.

I would tell the parents be there for you kids and let your kids follow there dreams but at the same time don't push them away from going to college if they want too because life could happen to them if they end up waiting on college and never go.I would tell the kids to follow there dreams and never let anyone tell them they can't do something not even there parents. You only have one life to live so make it great one. Listen to advice but remember at the end of the day and when it is all said and done you are going to have to live with yourself of what you did or didn't do. Make your dreams a reality.1 Timothy 4:12 says "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."Also famous words by Kenneth Darby I can go as far as God lets me go," he said. "That's my only limit. With Him, I know I can go a long way.

Faulkner University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.