Faulkner University

« See more reviews of Faulkner University

Finding the right college can be a difficult and stressful process. However, given good information and an idea of career goals, choosing a college can be simple. My advice to parents and/or students would be to gather as much information as possible concerning schools and the majors offered and financial aid available. Parents and students should sit down together and decide how much money they will be able to spend per semester, then look for schools that offer financial aid that will allow them to spend the minimum amount possible. Besides the money, there are other things to consider when looking for the right college. Do they offer a degree plan that interests you? Is the college located in the type of environment you would prefer to live in (city, country, etc.)? Visit the campus. Do students there look happy? Are the students friendly? Also take a look at the extracurricular activities that are offered. Be sure that you would be comfortable and happy at that college. Finally, just relax! College is a time to establish friendships that will last forever. It will be a wonderful, fun, and eye-opening experience with memories that will last a lifetime.

First of all, make a list of your expectations for your ideal college. Try your best to fulfill these expectaions as your search for the right college for you. Next choose a college/university based on whether they have the degree path you are interested in pursuing. The college needs to fit your criteria for accreditation, tuition costs, student to teacher ratio, and overall friendliness of faculty, staff, and students. To make the most of your college experience you should not get involved with too many extra-curricular activities. Stretching yourself too thin and not allowing enough time for your studies is never a good path to take. Pay attention to all requirements your professors have for you. Some expect different things and you need to meet their requests. Complete all assignments on time and study hard. Last, but definately not least, attend all classes and don't be late. If you follow this advice, you will be well on your way to making the most of your college experience and succeeding in your higher education.

Choosing which college to attend was probably one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. I wasn't quite sure that Faulkner University was the college for me but I gave it a try so I could accomplish my goal of playing soccer in college. I would have to say that this college has given me not only a great education but also friends for life. Before attending Faulkner I was very shy and kept to myself, now that I am a Junior I have learned how to open up to people not only outside of class but inside as well. Faulkner has helped me get over my fear of public speaking as well as talking to new people. My grades have also improved since attending college. I learned how to study while also managing my social and sports life. College has been valuable in my life because it has given me a broader out look on life. It has allowed me to understand what my future holds and it has prepared me for reality. I would have to say that this experience has changed my life for the better.

I would advice myself not to worry as much! When I decided that I would attend Faulkner my mother didn't agree with my choice because of the cost and distance but I didn't let that stop me. However, during my senior year of high school it caused me a lot stress and some fighting with my mom. I would also tell myself to take the time that I am still at home to be with my family more, especially my grandfather. This past summer my grandfather passed away and ever since I have felt guilty because I do not feel I took enough time to spend with him when I had opprotunities and instead I went off with some of my friends. I also tell myself not to worry so much about high school drama because that is all it is and in a few more years none of it will matter any more because I will be almost a thousand miles away at college. Lastly I would tell myself that everything is going to be okay and that as long as I am true to myself and keep God first in my life everything will work out.

From the start I did not receive the “traditional” high school experience and I knew in the end that it would pay off. I still attend high school here in my hometown, but aside from that I am attending college courses at my local community college. From the first day of classes I thought that I would find it difficult to adjust to the college atmosphere, but my parents told me I was mature enough to handle it. From the first day of class, I believed in those words my parents spoke and I have adjusted flawlessly into the college. I am also maintaining my grades, even as a high school senior. The experience and advantage that I have gained will only help guide me in the right direction in the future. I know that if I am able to handle high school, college, work and volunteering throughout this past year, I can handle anything that life will throw at me in the near future. My mindset is aimed directly toward my future career and any obstacle that I will have to overtake.

Always visit the school you are applying for before finalizing anything. You may think you like the school, but the campus may not actually be what you want. Remember the college you attend is more than just a name. It's where you live, eat, sleep, and build life long friendships. Once you hae found your perfect school; get involved! Nothing is worse than sitting in your room on the weekends with nothing to do. Join a club, a sorority or fraternity, or even campaign to be a member of Student Government. Explore your surroundings as well. There's more to campus living than staying on campus. It is very likely that you are now living in a city that is foreign to you. Find out where students go when they want to get away. School work is important first and foremost, there's no denying that. However, you won't be doing homework all the time. You're not only learning to get a career down the road, you're learning life skills. Get involved! Get involved! Get involved!

I would tell the parents be there for you kids and let your kids follow there dreams but at the same time don't push them away from going to college if they want too because life could happen to them if they end up waiting on college and never go.I would tell the kids to follow there dreams and never let anyone tell them they can't do something not even there parents. You only have one life to live so make it great one. Listen to advice but remember at the end of the day and when it is all said and done you are going to have to live with yourself of what you did or didn't do. Make your dreams a reality.1 Timothy 4:12 says "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."Also famous words by Kenneth Darby I can go as far as God lets me go," he said. "That's my only limit. With Him, I know I can go a long way.

I've gained more independence, courage, and responsibility than I ever imagined from being in college. I have learned that if I want to make good grades, I have to work hard for them, they are not just given. Having to pay for my college education on my own has made me want to make the best grades I can, because I do not want to waste my money. I have learned to be more out going in college. College is valuable to attend not because of educational benefits alone but because of how much life experience you gain as well. While in college you learn so much about yourself and learn to handle situations on your own. No matter what major you are in college you are required to take classes that have nothing to do with your major. Some of these classes may seem trivial but they actually help you look at things critically instead of just focus on the obvious.

Walking into college my first semester was a challenge I was far away from home I didn't really know anyone, nor was I truly taking the time to. No one ever told me that the people you meet could either help you and change your life or they could ruin it forever. I was more along the path of people trying to change mine so that I could get out of here. When I was a senior no one walked me through all of the hardships I was going to endure and all of the tears I was going to cry, they made it sound so miraculous and great. If I could go back in time I would tell myself to pace myself, meaning no need to rush into things that would always be there. I would have told myself to take some "me time" every once in awhile and not to get caught up in the hype because everything is truly not what it seems.

I have gotten a solid education that will bring me far in life. I love the fact I can worship God with other student around campus. I have had the opportunity to get closer to God and go to school and learn at the same time. This school has changed my view on the way I live my life. IT has made me a better person and has made me the person I am today. I have only attended one year, but the impact it took on my life is priceless. It has been valuable to attend Faulkner, because I have gotten to experience life on my own in a very warm and welcoming place. They made the transition from high school to college a breeze. My college offers so much; one would be a fool not to attend if admitted.