Fayetteville State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Fayetteville State University

Zakiya

FSU is an amazing school to go to. This will be my last year and I can say that I have enjoy the last three years attending this school. I have been involved in many clubs and organizations that made me a better person than I was three years ago. I really enjoy being a Bronco.

Navariah

FSU is a good university with Professor who make themselves available regularly. Most professors (at least the ones I have had) are very encouraging and do their best for you to pass their classes. The University is very broad and tries very hard to make each nationality known, to be a broader school with varying applicants. They always have something going on to have their students as active participants.

Aaliyah

Fayetteville State University is a great college to attend. Whether your off campus or living on campus FSU offers so many services to help their students succeed. FSU takes pride in their student's path to graduation and the challenges ahead. The faculty and staff for the support of student services are going to point you in the right direction. No one is left behind at FSU, everyone is like family and here to help.

Mercedes

Fayetteville State University is a very success institution, especially for those who want to attend an HBCU (Historically Black Colleges and Universities). Although it is an HBCU, it is very diverse with foreign exchange students, including students from Kenya, Tunisia, China, and Morocco. The professors are very interactive and engaging with the students, and I like that we always have discussions on current issues where we share our opinions without bashing each other. Overall, I would recommend anyone to attend FSU.

Shamar

Meh?

I like the class availability. I do not have to fight for my classes. I also feel as though I learned more at this school than my previous one. It is so cheap and on top of all that your textbook rentals are included in your tuition.I have not spent too much time one campus because I take my classes online so I can work, but the times I have it has been pleasant.

Jona

Fayetteville State University is home to where many of my family members have graduated. It is a fun and exciting experience to follow in their footsteps. Fayetteville State is in the city of my hometown so I never feel homesick. I am surrounded by a community who cares for me and about me, this is Fayetteville State University.

Allia

since I have been a student at Fayetteville state university I have enjoyed the experience. living on campus is so much fun. the people in the dorms are very nice and staff is always available and there to go to. Fayetteville state university has wonderful professors that are willing to teach and help you with anything you need. This gives a huge advantage of helping you to achieve your goals. Here on campus there is an writing lab and tutoring programs to help students academically. On campus you can find different places to study and focus. Fayetteville state university offers a great variety of sports and sororities to choose from to allow your college experience not to be only educational but also fun. coming to Fayetteville state university and staying on campus you get to enjoy fun activities before your classes begin. Even if you do not stay on campus you can still come out and enjoy any activities the school is offering. Fayetteville state university has a marching band and music classes for anyone that enjoys music. theatre is there to be taken as an elective or as an major as well as dance, music, and visual arts. On campus there are places where you can get food and socialize. There are lots of nice people you can meet and have meaningful conversations with. There are also clubs to join that promotes social activity and study groups. Fayetteville state university even offers opportunities for students to do volunteer work to go towards your major and, give you some experience before you get a degree and start a career.

Keymiya

Fayetteville State University is a good school to go to but some of the students on the campus do not care about it because they liter and curse in front of investors, which is rude to them when they are trying to make the campus better for more students to come and enjoy going here. There could be more activities on campus so that some students won't have to sleep or play video games all day.

Chrishonda

Fayetteville State University is a great school to attend. Fayetteville State University has afforded me many opportunities to network both in and out of the classroom. My experience at Fayetteville State University created this sense of pride that is in explainable. Although, Fayetteville State University was founded as Historically Black College, they also strive to expose students to diversity on the campus not just through academics but by the professors as well as students being more than just natives of the United States. We have professors and students from China, African, Trinidad and Tobago to name a few. I am definitely So Proud that I Chose Fayetteville State University!

Nikki

Fayetteville State University is a family environment. Fellow students are always supportive and students truly thrive here. Faculty and Staff make sure that every student receives equal and quality education. If someone asked me if "would go anywhere else?", I would say "no".

Autumn

Fayetteville State University is a great school that provides a lot of opportunities for its students, especially scholarships, internships, and job opportunities. The professors are available after classes, and even have office hours for extra assistance with course work. The campus is lovely is continuing to expand and improve , and incorporate some of the students suggestions in what they would like to see on campus. A bonus of the university is that it is tuition friendly, not to expensive and also military involved.

Nayela

Fayetteville State University is a pretty decent up and coming school. It is working to develop itself more and offer more programs for its students but it does not carry any bells and whistles. It is an average school with average students and you get what you pay for.

Courtney

FSU was one of the best decisions I've made for myself. I met the greatest people. I've eaten the best food. Chancellor Anderson had to have been the most personable administrator I've had met in a school setting. The city was culturally and historically enriching. Even though FSU is a Historically Black College/University it is incredibly diversed and culturally enriched.

christopher

run down university... horrible building conditions, dorms have mold. policies and rules never enforced and when they are its enforced wrong or when its convienent...outside community area is worst in city....instructors are decent older students 25+ do yourself a favor find another college...

Gerrie

FSU is a really nice chill HBCU to attend to. There's always something and/or someone to be interested in. Our nursing program is #1 in our state. I understand people are frightened because it's an HBCU, but the campus life is VERY diverse. On-Campus housing is good, but you cannot be the easily distracted type because there's always something you can always get involved in by staying on campus. There's always plenty on campus facilities and resources to help students with their classwork and/or any upcoming exams. Overall Fayetteville State is a good university to attend to if you are in the Business Criteria.

Noah

Fayetteville State University is an illustrious school with any opportunities for those to further their education. With this comes the highly enjoyable campus life from athletics to study sessions. I myself really enjoy Fayetteville State University especially as I am a minority on campus.

Carrington

Fayetteville State University is an excellent choice for a higher education. Locations on the campus are easy to locate and the staff is very helpful. Fayetteville State University gives the opportunity of tutoring so there should not be a reason to fail. FSU wants their students to succeed and that is what I intend to do while I am here.

DeVante

It is a great school, small size, excellent teachers!!

Jamyia

FSU is overall a good school. The tuition is very cheap compared to any other university I have applied to. The deans and advisors are really there to push you forward and help you make smart decisions. The campus is not too big but it is not that small either. They offer several different places for eating and it is all affordable.

Tamara

Fayetteville State University is a nice and fairly small campus, but it makes it easier to communicate with your peers and professors. Furthermore Fayetteville State University has various visitors, sponsors, Alum, and many other connections. Which in turns makes it easy to network and venture yourself to different companies, businesses, and organizations. Overall FSU is a great school to attend.

tashiana

I like FSU, it is better than what I expected coming in. its not the party school that would get me unfocused, this school is good to me as a whole. I wish it was more college based activities so we can get the college experience. but overall I love FSU.

Marilyn

Great college

Chantara

I love Fayetteville State University. The classes are so cozy and small, which means you're not just another number in a classroom, you're an actual students, and your professors care about your success. There's plenty of academic support, and lots of campus involvement. People are well respected and cared for here. It feels like a second home.

Jasmine

Fayetteville State University, was my second choice of universities to attend but I am glad I mad the choice. Our school have an abundance of Bronco Pride, there are plenty opportunities on campus where students can get involved and make a difference. Fayetteville State University is very family orientation, you can a host of brothers and sister who truly care about seeing you succeed here on campus. That is why I am proud to a Bronco!

Cristy

Fayetteville State University is an excellent school that puts their students before anything. All professors are caring and always available. The class size is small so the professors have the chance to help you individually when needed. The campus is very safe and the overall atmosphere feels great.

Aselah

I just finished my freshman year at Fayetteville State University, and it was great! I started off as a leap scholar doing summer II sessions, and this started me off with a 4.0 GPA. This program was beneficial because it allowed me to learn the campus area and qualities needed to be a great college student. Most first-year students have a terrible first semester with trying to get into the swing of things, yet my school has fantastic programs and opportunities to help students improve themselves and have good grades. I love my Illustrious University! Like most schools, we need work on overdue dorms and financial aid, but it is nothing too overwhelming. As long as you keep an open mind to different opportunities on campus and are willing to search for them, you will always have the right equipment as a successful college student. Not only do they have a plethora of programs and faculty/staff on hand with assistance for students, but it is also a family orientated community on this campus. A family orientated community is terrific for people like me who are out-of-state students and need that extra support. I would recommend this university to those who are looking for low tuition, a good experience, and excellent academics. Reason being, Fayetteville State University can give you this and more!

Asia

Overall Fayetteville State is a great university to attend. I love the campus, the staff that helped me at first steps, and everything far and wide and in between. I recommend everyone to attend this university. This university is more so like home to me already.

Trinell

I graduated from FSU with a bachelors in psychology on May 13, 2017 and I will be returning in August. Fayetteville State University will give you a family feel. I like how they are always working to improve campus safety and the beautification of the campus. The newest residence hall is Renaissance Hall, it has double and quad rooms. I read a review that said the residence halls have “mold” but that is not so. Some of them had mildew because of a ventilation problem, but I think that was just in one residence hall. We consider the University Place Apartments to be off campus housing and I would have to say it was one of my favorite places to stay because I had my own room. The professors in the psychology department are usually very responsive to emails and I always had a friendly experience with them. The classes usually have around thirty people in them therefore, it is easy to raise your hand and ask a question and get one on one help. There is a on campus library and computer lab available to the students. So, if you don’t own a laptop that can be convenient. SAC (Student Activities Council) is always looking for ways to have more things for students to do on and off campus. They have started having movie nights and pizza and wings some nights. We also have informative programs about safe sex, safe drinking, financial aid and more. There are also theater programs held quit often either by the on-campus communication majors or a visiting group. The cafeteria food is edible most days but for me it was annoying having to eat the same thing every other day which is why I would try to keep money to buy my own food.

Zenobia

Fayetteville State University is a great University. The customer service skills are wonderful! There has not been one time that I have called in reference to needed something and they have not helped me 100% to the fullest. Fayetteville State University is a school that I would recommend to anyone.

Brian

I love the affordability and the comfort on campus. There is a certain sense of belonging on campus and I would not trade it for anything. Of course, there are certain things that could be changed but I would not want to go anywhere else. This school is unlike any other.

Shanique

My overall opinion of Fayetteville State University is that it’s a very good school to attend. I am proud to be a student at such a great HBCU! The campus is very well kept and clean. The classroom environment is very professional and organized. There’s always extracurricular activities going on.

Overall, it is a decent institution. Of course, I attend the school and my opinion is my opinion. But the school really defeats their negative reputation. It may not be as fascinating as the other noteworthy colleges in North Carolina, but the school is profound. The professors are helpful, the campus life is adjustable, and your education is valuable.

DeAndre

When I first got accepted to Fayetteville State University a lot of people questioned me if I really wanted to go there. I was honestly already committed to a school. Something had told me to go to the orientation so I went just to get a feel for the school. After I left the orientation I knew that FSU was the school for me. Now I am entering my third year and I am so glad that I went to this school. It has a very homey atmosphere and the other students are very kind. The professors actually care about your academics instead of just getting a paycheck. The class size is great for the teacher:student ratio. The sports are decent but the campus involvement is amazing. They really encourage you to get involved in the campus. There are a great number of organizations for you to get involved in. Overall Fayetteville State University was the college for me and I am so thankful that I got the opportunity to pursue higher education there.

Da'Shawn

It's a decent school. Not too difficult to learn your way around but the financial aid department is not lenient to students in need. I had to leave due to an injury on campus for about a week, it cost me 16,000$ because the schools' insurance didn't cover it for what ever reason. I spent the next 3 years trying to fix my credit and when I finally did and wanted to return they told me I have to pay off my outstanding balance.. There are a few good ones.

Alexus

FSU is a very fun-filled school. It has a lot of different extra-curricular activities students can get involved in. The people are polite. Also good for it's academic. It's an overall safe environment for everyone. I feel at home whenever I'm there.

Detriona

Great place for new freshman. The school have a real home feel. Everyone is very inviting and helpful. I love the dorm rooms and how the overall campus is setup. This location I perfect for my family and friends to visit. The weather is great and the shopping mall is a great place to meet new people.

Christian

My overall opinion of Fayetteville State University is that it gives students a chance to learn and experience campus life within a safe environment. The faculty/staff are always willing to help students succeed and they always ask for feedback to improve their curriculum which makes the learn experience greater. Overall Fayetteville State University is a great university to attend!

Greg

I think that Fayetteville State University is a great school. The teachers are determined to help out their students. They make sure that you succeed. The tutoring sessions that occur on campus are really amazing. The tutors will work with you everyday until you feel comfortable with your course material. They are super nice and patient.

Abagayl

That it will be an amazing school to attend and I can’t wait to start my journey there! I’m excited to peruse a degree in nursing which I will be well trained in by the end of their nursing program. I will be able to save lives and persue my dream career.

Whytnee

I have been attending Fayetteville State University full-time for the last two years and can say that it has been one of the best experiences I could have ever had. Not only have I been able to receive a good education here, but I have also been able to interact with my teachers on a more personal level because of the smaller class sizes. When it comes to other students on campus I can say that this is a very tight knit community that allows for not only constant good times but also a large group to bounce ideas off of. I would recommend FSU to anyone who wants a small classrooms, enjoyable campus life, and an overall good college experience.

Janiya

Fayetteville State University is an amazing school and I highly recommend students to apply there. They have a great campus and the housing is spot on. The food is outstanding and teachers are very helping and understanding. I have had many family members to attend here and never heard a complaint. I look forward to continuing my education at a wonderful university.

Tyler

I believe that Fayetteville State University is as nice of an experience as you make it. The people are very lively and great to be around although the campus could use a small makeover, the overall energy at Fayetteville State is great. You see all types of people walking on campus and everyone is helpful and looks out for the best in others.

Cheyenne

Fayetteville State University has a family-like atmosphere. There are many things to do on campus and plenty more things to do around the campus. When arriving at Fayetteville State University, the staff was very helpful and excited to have us. I would not choose another school to attend. I am proud to be a Bronco!

Tia

Fayetteville State University is a school that never lacks in the cultural department. Almost everyday that you are on campus you are reminded of your culture. Although Fayetteville State University is packing in the cultural department they lack in the education department compared to some other schools. They seem to be so wrapped up in the conservation of the schools past that they tend to forget that we live in the present and times are changing. If they want us to be successful outside of campus they need to teach use the same techniques that other schools are teaching their students so that we have a competitive chance at living out our future dreams whether it be going to graduates school or getting a job. All in all Fayetteville State University does very well in the cultural department, but needs help with the educational department.

DaBria

I truly love my school and everything I have gained while being there so far. Fayetteville State has opened many doors for me, personally and professionally, allowing me the resources and time to grow in a variety of ways. We offer a stupendous education while being extremely affordable all at the same time. Of course, like all other institutions we are far from perfect, but the staff is very genuine and promote improvement in all areas that need it! Being a student leader allows me the platform to advocate for my fellow classmates and with such an open minded group of individuals working there, it makes everyone's job and responsibilities easier.

LaTiana

I feel like attending Fayetteville State gave me the opportunity to put myself out there and do things that I wouldn't have done on my own. I've been able to better my character as well as my social skills. Overall, I would definitely recommend Fayetteville State as an HBCU to attend, especially if you're coming straight from high school.

Briana

This University means everything to me! I have learned so much from all my professors and peers. I feel like I am apart of a community and family that wants to see me succeed in life and help guide me to a better future. Fayetteville University Rocks! !!! Bronco Pride!!!

Manijah

I really like Fayetteville State, it is really different from being in the North but that’s another thing that I like about it. Our school is like a family, we are always doing stuff and we always show our school spirit. The campus is beautiful and we have a food place and store across the street.