Fayetteville Technical Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Fayetteville Technical Community College

Christina

The professors are very knowledgeable and easy to reach. If you are looking for a good community college to attend before transferring to a university or just to receive your associates degree FTCC is an excellent choice!

Krissy

The process to get into the school is very tedious and unlike anything I have dealt with through the previous schools I have attended. Everything is new to me about this school and how it works; it is all very unfamiliar to me. Even the programs used online for students to register for classes, check financial aid status, etc is confusing and outdated. The campus is okay at best and I miss the one-building campus of my old school. All of my classes are scattered throughout campus in several different buildings which is something I tried to get away from when I transferred from a large university to a community college.

Da'Jah

It's cool here, the teachers aim to keep the lectures interesting and bold so as not to lose the students interest. The student life is mainly chill and lax but at the end of the day, everybody works hard to stay cool.

Tanijah

My teacher Mrs. Shephard went there I was surprised and I'm proud of her

Chelsea

It's an ok place. Instructors are hit and miss; some are great, some are terrible. The science department is terrible though. Getting through admissions and registering for classes is a pain, so is talking to advisors who aren't always accessible. In the science department it sometimes feels like they set students up to fail. Their attendance policy is a little too stringent. The facilities are alright. There's a library, a cafeteria, a tutoring center, a bookstore, and other food sources nearby if students don't want to opt for the cafeteria, whose food can be a little wonky sometimes. There's also a gym, though it's not always accessible to all students due to inconvenient, wonky hours.

Shelbi

I would most definitely say that if it were not for the very first teachers that I interacted with my first semester after graduating high school I would not be a semester away from graduation this day! I gave a five star for every category whether it be on campus food, considering that its so much cheaper and easier to get being that it is in the middle on campus! Or when it comes to the facilities whether it be Cumberland Hall or the ATC building, where paper is always available for printing assignments and for students like me who work full time the library and computer lab hours are such a life saver. Fayetteville Tech overall offers more than enough resources academically, especially the teachers, whom help past their regular office hours and email times. Fayetteville Tech by far is the most diverse and helpful school in the area! How awesome is it that you can sit in a class with someone who's served the armed forces for 20+ years and then be sitting next to someone else with 10 grandchildren? While all gaining the same chances at a great school! I thank FTCC for teaching me, especially on a basis that I could afford!

Jade

I absolutely enjoy being part of the Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) community! All the students are very welcoming. The staff and admin are extremely helpful. They make the time to seek out the time to help you if you ask. They also provide you with everything you need to succeed. The campus is amazing, and rather big. They have this really pretty rose garden as well. I would definitely suggest this school if you are looking for a place to call home.

Paige

I am dually enrolled as a high school student and college student. My high school is housed on the Fayetteville Technical Community College campus. Sometimes it is nerve wracking walking around campus with a bunch of older, sometimes sketchy adults. But, FTCC does offer great festivals, games, and other events to keep the students involved.

Tiffani

It is a great place for high school students to get a head start, students looking for an associates to transfer, all the way to the adults looking to continue their education. It's not glamorous as a four-year institution but it is a great, affordable start.

Andrea

FTCC is a great Community College with many programs to choose from. Many people do part time here so they can have jobs on or outside of campus. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Classroom size is small, which I love, so the professors have a bit more one-on-one time with students. Each professor has office hours but you can always talk to them before or after class as well. There are performing arts programs that anyone can get involved in.

Emerita

Fayetteville Tech is an extraordinary community college ! They are so helpful and they will make your first college experience extremely understandings. Also the professors and staff are amazing! Financial aid is ta hassle and The counselors are by far the best I've met. It's all about YOU at Fayetteville tech and reaching your goals.

Christopher

Fayetteville Technical Community college is a great school. I heard so many great things about this school and I’ve got to experience it for myself during the campus tour. This school is very close to my house so I can still be near my family and go to school.

Kelly

Overall, I believe Fayetteville Technical Community College is a great place to start a degree. Due to the fact it is a Community College, it is much cheaper than four-year colleges and students definitely get their money's worth! Fayetteville Tech prepares their students for transferring to Universities by teaching online-traditional hybrid classes, so the student's get the best of both worlds. Professors have always been helpful, encouraging, and take the time to work with students one-on-one if necessary. As an Alumni, I have seen the hard work staff have put into creating successful students and I was blessed with the opportunity of attending and graduating from Fayetteville Tech before moving onto a University.

Autumn

I greatly enjoyed my time here at FTCC. The professors are willing to help with any issues you may have. They are also encouraging in all of your goals, not just those you have while attending the school. The class schedules are very flexible and many are even offered online. Get to know your professors, advisors and a few students and you will most likely have a pretty enjoyable time at FTCC.

Shea

I am receiving a free associate's degree because of FTCC's amazing dual enrollment program; this alone gives the college lots of points. As far as the actual facility, well, it's not the best, for sure. The facilities seem a bit dated and low budget, which makes sense considering the college size. The professors seem very nice, though disorganized at times. I have not attempted to get into club life too much, but I will next semester.

Allyson

I like attending Fayetteville Technical Community College because the learning environment is great and you are always known by somebody on campus. The school isn't too big or too small to where you're late to your class. The professors at Fayetteville Tech treat you like you're a person not just a number and I like that a lot.

Aliyah

I think that Fayetteville Tech gets a bad rep for no reason. I have not had a bad experience, and neither has anybody that I know that has went here. The class sizes are decent, and the professors are there to help if you reach out. Campus always feels safe, and there is always someone around no matter the time. Our student government sends out email blasts telling us about events going on around campus to get people involved; walking to class there may be a club selling snacks as a fundraiser. Fayetteville Tech is a very lively campus, and it is not fair that people look at it with such upturned noses. The one thing I will give criticism on is the fact that the arts isn't paid too much attention. For instance, there was recently a play which was being advertised by posters around campus, however; the posters had the wrong date, leading people to confusion. Other than that, Fayetteville Tech is the perfect place for those looking to further their education, or to use as means of tipping your toes into college life.

Jasmean

Overall a great college.Offers a variety of degrees as well as ways to obtain them.Professors are always available and tend to get back to students within 24 hours.The campus is safe.The college offers a variety of campus events for students to attend free.The only downside is the financial aid office can be hard to get in contact with and the lack of parking during fall and spring semesters.

April

FTCC is a great place to start your first college year off. It definitely gives you a glimpse of what the class atmosphere will be like. The class sizes are very small which gives you that one-on-one with the professor. You're definitely surrounded by a variety range of age groups. And most importantly, you're able to go home instead of back to a dorm/apartment room you have to share.

Iris

Its great

Nathan

Fayetteville Technical Community College is just about what you might expect for a junior college in a medium-sized North Carolina town. Useful and convenient, but not very inspiring. I believe that it's a heavily subsidized institution, so the tuition prices are very reasonable. The professors also seem to get relatively low pay, so some of them tend to have a correspondingly mediocre motivation level. However, there are a number of highly capable and motivated professors to be found here, too. For example, Frank Guzman in the building trades department (electrician teacher) is a highly driven and effective teacher, as well as an unofficial mentor to many of his students.

Catherine

Fayetteville Technical Community College has great sized campus that has a variety of classes to take that range from English, math, science, social studies, and other creative classes. Many creative events are offered on campus throughout the school year. We have game days, interactive video game days, fall activities, and many other events that are offered every month. The class sizes are also a perfect size because they're not too big and not too small, there are approximately no more than 25 students in a general education class. This school does not offer on campus or off campus housing and there are no places to eat on campus. Multiple sports are offered here and one of the newest additions of the sports department is the softball team. I would highly recommend attending Fayetteville Technical Community College for a 2-year college.

Akash

Fayetteville Technical Community college is like many things in life, what you make of it. It is a college that is placed in Fayetteville, NC. The city is home to Fort Bragg, which is one of the biggest military bases in the United States. FTCC is accessible for those who are placed in Fort Bragg or have just completed their military careers and would like to transition into secondary education. It is a safe environment full of hyper focused people trying to make their stamp on the world through education. It is a community college I am proud of attending.

Elisa

For me, Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) has been a godsend. As a spouse of an active duty soldier it is difficult to obtain a college degree as it is dependent on factors out of my control. The fact that there is a Junior College close to post has made my dream of going back to school possible. While my courses have all been online, I have used the many services at my J.C. countless times for a plethora of reasons. Sometimes I go to sit and brainstorm with my instructors or advisors, other times it is to have a writing professional look over my paper, and other times I go to buy/return materials from their bookstore, library, or simply to check in with their Disability Office to make sure I'm utilizing every resource available to me as it is of the utmost importance that I am a highly successful student. I am grateful for the time I have spent at my school, for the guidance I have received from knowledgeable and patient staff, and for their quick adaptability during this pandemic that we're all trying to navigate through. The location of the school is unfortunate in regards to crime and demographics, but in the very same breath, this community needs FTCC as it serves as a beacon of hope and change for those who might not consider higher learning otherwise. They may not have as many classes to offer as my JC's in the past, but that's okay as this is still far better than not having any other in-person options. It is what you make of it and I have chosen to milk my school for all that I can so that when I transfer, I am well received and well prepared.

Katrina

I believe Fayetteville Technical Community College is a very good school for learning and growth. I currently attend the early college on the campus and it has been such a good opportunity for my education. I will have my associates degree by the time I graduate high school in 2020.

Victoria

I have been in this school for almost two years and a half now, and I have a lot of things to say. First is that it has given me the experience that an actual college might have to often me: education, projects, food, activities, a fitness training center, and more!