Ferris State University Top Questions

I don't really brag, but when it may come up in conversation, I enjoy talking about my family, friends, and pets back home. For the most part, i rather listen to my friedns than talk about myself.

Attending a smaller art school, your professors are very hands-on. While we arent sitting in class with our noses in slideshows, we are putting our hearts and dedication into our art. Kendall is a very personal school and makes sure that each indiviual student succeeds what they are trying to persue. I would suggest going to Kendall to any individual whom plans on being in an art feild of study. Whether that be metals and jewelry, photography, painting, drawing, industrial design, ect. Kendall is amazing.

i brag about how strong our illustration department is. At kendall the two biggest departments we have are Graphic Design and Illustration. and I tell them Despite how poor the quality of our floor we still manage to blow other schools out of the water in terms of the quality of our work. the one redeeming quality of my time at kendall has been that i know that i am still getting the best eduacation in my feild of study at the most affordable price.

Carley

When telling my friends about Ferris State University I tend to brag about how wonderful all of the people are there and how great the staff is.

arianna

I brag about their involvement in the art program. The professors are very hands on and knowlegeable in their fields. They have a big part in artprize, which is one of the top art competitions in the world. They are a venue for artprize and many students are involved in art pieces through school and their individual work. I also brag that Kendall, which is a part of Ferris State University is in central Downtown Grand Rapids. Grand Rapids is a city that is very focused on local art and has an appreciation for culture and the arts.

When talking to my friends about school, I tend to talk about my study habits. I tell them about the ways I sacrifice who i am now for who i want to be later in life. This means that i have to distant myself from some social situations in order to maximize my chances to do well in school and get good grades so that in the future i will be able to get put in my career objectives. I exclaim to them that this is the best way to get yourself going in the right direction.

I don't really brag about my school. Most people hardly know what I am talking about if I talk about my program and I am usually in just one building all year long.

The fact that it is a small school and the people are amazing; you truly do meet your best friends in college.

I would say that I brag about my professors, given all of the stories that I have heard from each of them describing their work lives and what we may encounter. They have such passion over the field that they would either encourage someone to stay on that career path or to evaluate if it was the right field for someone. I enjoyed the communication aspect as well on campus. Everyone is really nice and helpful, it may take time to adjust for new comers, but once that happens it can be a nice environment to live in.

We have a lot to do in the summer at Ferris.

The feeling you have when you're at the school is to be bragged about. It is such a creative environment. It will fill you with purpose, you can't help but feel as though it is the right place to be.

We have a really amazing hockey team. Every one gets togther to show our school spirit. It's like a mini family at the games.

I would tell friends that Ferris is a great place to meet new people. The college is full of opportunity and excitement with many, many options for majors and minors. I've met some amazing people at Ferris State, and it is a great place where the student body becomes one and unites together to make things happen on and off the campus. The RSO's are great, and students can get involved very quickly at Ferris State. I advise students to choose wisely, but most importantly, Go Bulldogs!

Ann

That Ferris State has an all on-line Nursing to Master degree program.

Justine

My GPA for the first time in my life I recived a 4.0. I worked hard to earn it while having a blast!

When discussing my school with my friends I often times find myself talking about the diverse student body and the experience i receive by meeting classmates from different cultures. Ferris is a great place to meet friends who can help teach you other walks of life and what getting an education is like in different parts of the world.

I brag about how I'm learning about things I will be able to apply at my future job or internship. I talk about how my professors don't just read off powrepoints and lecture; they promote partciaption with students.

K.Lee

I brag most about our hockey team we have a wonderful team and going to the games and supporting them is a unversity wide event.

Our radiography program is an accredited program and well known for their programs success.

I usually don't brag about Ferris. I'm too busy doing homework to have friends.

The sports and some of the programs such as law

Susie

KCAD is well known in the Arts community. Simply to be a student there is a major bragging point. When I get the chance, I rave about how challenging yet enjoyable my program is. The courses offered are rigorous yet highly relevent. It's a priviledge to be a part of KCAD.

I go to an art school, and do what I love doing all day.

Connor

I don't brag about this school at all. There are a lot of problems with the administration, student body, curriculum, faculty, etc. On the bright side, I have met a few very nice and helpful people here, and the staff apart from the instructors are always very helpful and intelligent.

Nathaniel

Something that I brag about to my friends most about my school is that it is in the heart of down town grand rapids! And that it has the best feeling of being the closest thing to home even when my real home is more than two hours away. The staff and other students are what make Kendall what it is today, and its truley one big family in the heart of Grand Rapids.

Hailey

The unique range of opportunities and special topics, such as Collage, that can be worked into any Major.

Ginny

The professors are flexible and easy to work with. Enjoy the campus and artsy environment of Kendall College at Ferris. You will not be disappointed as the professors, as well as the students, continuoulsly challenge one another to reach the next level of amazing and fun! Studio classes are intense but gratifying you won't regret taking classes with KCAD. My level of understanding and creativity sky rocketed in my first year and I am looking forward to more classes and more challenges. Its important to have fun and learn.

Ferris' School of Art and Design, Kendall College, has been rated the best illustration department for technique and the third best overall in the country. Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University has the only undergraduate degree in Medical Illustration. The Medical Illustration program has partnered with Michigan State University in order for the students to take anatomy, prosection, and cells and tissues.

That my homework is enjoyable so it makes it easy.

How our classes are small and how everyone knows everyone. Kenall College of Art and Design with Ferris State University is the top art school in Michigan and I feel honored to be enroled here.

I talk about how much that I have learned in just my one year there. Ferris is a great school for students to attend especially in the engineering programs just my personal preferance. They have a wide variety of assoicates and bachelors programs ranging from arts to law enforment to engineering and the teachers have not only years for teaching experience but also years of experience in the field that they teach.

The great teaching strategies, with a good name for accreddtation.

It is a lot of fun and not too much work. It is a very social school so you meet a lot of people.

How small the campus is and that it is easy to meet a lot of people. With the campus like that you are very likely to find people you know in your classes.

Ashleigh

I brag about the fact that Ferris is known for hockey and that they go against the big dogs like UofM and Michigan State. Ferris is also known for their pharmacy and criminal justice programs and even though I am not apart of those programs I am proud to say that I go to a school that is known nationally for something. Another thing I tell them is that once you graduate from Ferris you are pretty much guaranteed a job in your major.

I tell my friends about the teachers that have made a difference in my education. Although there are those that I would have rather not dealt with, the ones that have challenged me and encouraged me definitely made a difference in my educational goals.

I brag that it's a more adult school. You can still party a bit, but for the most part people are coming here with a clear picture of their wants and objectives. They aren't coming to school because their parents told them to, they are coming because they want a better life.

Mylinh

My sorority and campus involvement!

Navneet

At this point, I don't have anything to brag about related to the school. The academics here are good, professors are usually really helpful. The only good thing i see about this school is its small class sizes.

The social activities that I thought where fun and anything cool I am doing in my classes.

I enjoy the small class sizes. I make sure my friends know that the professors are good and class sizes are small. This is important to me.

Cassie

Socially, I brag about how amazing our hockey games are, and how much fun they are to go to on the weekends. Academically, I brag about how i'm already in my program and that its awesome to be working on hands on things that I will be acutally be doing when I graduate. I only was on a one year waiting list to get into my Dental Hygiene program, and what a great program that is at Ferris State University!

Mainly, how awesome my professors are. Secondly, how much fun I am having in my major, and how happy I am that I most definitely without a doubt know what I want to do for the rest of my life (career-wise). I also like to talk about all of my hilarious friends, and my perfect boyfriend and how easy it is to meet people and become socially involved. Every aspect of this campus is amazing and unique. You just have to know how to make it work to fit your needs.

Brant

The parties are the best part. It feels like I've been hammered for the last 3 semesters. Fun is the name of the game.

The small campus grounds and the small class size available.

The surrounding community is pretty great. There's beautiful scenery, including a major Michigan river that flows through it. We're an hour away from Grand Rapids, MI, and there's a ton of stuff to do there. The people at Ferris are generally very friendly; it's a great school to attend.

Jodi

My favorite thing about Ferris State is the classroom size and the student-teacher relationship. Most classes are 30 students or less and students are able to develop relationships with their professors. Professors care about your success and are willing to give as much help as needed outside of classroom hours. There is also a great tutoring service to help with academic struggles. There is no reason not to do well at this University. They really care about your education.

Karissa

probably that there is always parties going on if they are intersted in that scene.

Ashlie

I am at the satellite campus in Dowagiac Michigan and I love the availability of On-line classes that work with my schedule. I love the Dual Enrollment with Southwest Michigan College that allows less expenisve tuition for the same education. Being at the satellite campus has allowed me to continue to work full time and work on my degree full time. They definately cater to the Non Traditional students at the satellite campus. Ferris has done everything to make my experience a good one. Not to mention a quick process to obtain my Bachelors Degree.

Kaytlyn

That I am close to home and can commute to and from campus thirteen miles and live at home (saves money this way).