FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles Top Questions

The worst thing about FIDM is the workload. Last quarter I had one class that assigned 10 hours of homework on average per week. This would not be a problem, but I had 3 other classes to worry about as well. All of my hard work paid off however, and I just received my report card with 3 A's. I am very proud, and at the end of the day, I've realized that FIDM’s workload is preparing us for our future careers by teaching us time management, dedication, and perseverance.

Wendelin

The price of tuition is the worst thing about my school. Students are broke! I am trying to further my education, but it is not easy to find money to pay for college. I have a bachelor of arts' degree and it is extremely hard to find financial aid. However, I am applying to scholarships. There should be more financial aid offered to all students from the school itself. The economy is horrible. It would be better to lower tuition. Then students can inflate the economy with money from the fashion businesses we will be a part of when graduating.

Although I don't specifically think there is anything that negative about FIDM, there could be more affordable housing offered. Living in L.A certainly isn't easy to pay for and the although the housing is great, it can get quite excessive with how much it costs.

Denshai

I would consider the high tuition the worst then about FIDM. Eventhough the education and experience is well worth every penny, I believe costs could be cut if books and supplies were not fixed into the tuition amount.

Addie

I have not yet began classes at FIDM.