Canandaigua, NY
Finger Lakes Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Finger Lakes Community College

Gabby

The college is a very underrated college because it is a community college. Throughout my experience, I have met many professors who have changed my life for the better and I know will be people I can count on for the rest of my life. The only thing I would change is how involved people are in campuses other than main campus. There are other campuses who rarely know what is going on at main campus because of lack of communication throughout advisors and faculty. Mine and my friends experience with advisors has been anything but positive. I usually wait a week for my advisor to answer my emails and then still feel lost after I meet with that person. My advisor was changed without me even knowing about it and was to a previous professor who said they would not be checking their email over break. Everyone deserves a break, but when you’re an advisor it is your job to always be available for students. One of my classes got canceled and I had no one to email or call becauseI knew my advisor would not be checking their email. The best college president I have come across because he is always willing to talk to anyone and chooses to eat in the cafeteria with students to better get to know everyone. Overall, I love this college and I will miss it a lot when I move onto a four year college. I think there needs to be a change in how advisors are taught and trained.

Charlene

This is a great school. The students come from all over because of the different programs that they carry here. My experience here has opened me up I was very shy not liking to talk in front of people public speaking helped with that I still get nervous but it helps taking that class. I am returning after being out of school for 20 year when I started and I was treated as I was just another student. If you want a good local school school you should look into Finger Lakes Community College.

Steven

I think that it's a really nice campus and everyone wants to make sure you are going to do well and very friendly.

I don't understand why anyone would start out at another college. FLCC is the perfect transitional school between high school and a four year college. The advisers are extremely helpful and personable, the professors genuinely care about your success and the academic standards are exceptional. The academic support options for students are abundant and available for just about every topic. The expectations the college holds you to are perfect to prepare you for transfer schools and the outside world. I feel very proud to have maintained a 3.8 GPA throughout my time here.

Scott

Highly recommend this college to students who are looking for a small school. This is one of the best community colleges in the area. You will not feel like a number as other colleges will. Most classes average 15 to 20 students allowing you to get to know the professors.

samantha

I would love to study here. It would be a dream already in the process of accomplishing... The school was Established in 1965. Students from approximately 350 high schools in New York State and across the United States enrolled at FLCC in Fall 2016. I get to learn from all around the world why so many people are interested in what Im interested to also.

Christina

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior I would probably tell myself to work a little harder and not settle for anything other than what I had worked for and deserved.

The parking situation. There is one small parking lot right in front of the school that fills up very quickly and the other parking is approxamitely a half mile from the school. If you drive a large vehicle you have to park towards the back of the second parking lot and in the winter it is a very icy walk in to school and back out.

There isn't really any kind of person that shouldn't attend this school as they offer classes that transfer out to almost any four year school in almost any degree.

Dear High School Me, Don't worry so much. Even though good grades are important and you want to get accepted into a school, you must remember your happiness is more important. If you are staying up all night working on a paper or studying for exams or applying for scholarships, feeling extemely overwhelmed, don't. Go to bed. Do not compare yourself to others so much. Other people's success is not your failure. Unlike high school, no one cares if your hair is perfect, if you did better on the test, etc. In college, everyone has the same goal- get good grades and earn a degree. Do not be afraid to ask for help, because the college application process can get very confusing. Also, your classes will challenge you, so it's important you have something to help support you. But most importantly, remember that there is no need to be so worried because it always works out in the end.

Personally, I believe anybody would like FLCC. It is located in a beautiful area, the teachers are all extremely helpful and kind, and the class sizes are small, so you are not just a number. There is a lot of diversity, so no one person would feel out of place.

I believe the type of person who would not feel "at home" at FLCC is someone who loves a busy, fast-paced, highly populated place like a city. FLCC is not a big school (there are only about 7,000 students) and even though there are things to do around town, it is nothing compared to a large city. I feel that if someone who belonged in a city went to FLCC, they might get bored easily.

While attending FLCC I always felt like there was a strong drive for the college to help the student succeed.

I believe that anyone who wants to save money, or is undecided on what they want to study, should go to this school.

As a high school senior i was very unsure about my future and i panicked at the thought of not knowing where life might take me. In addition, my confusion led me to take some things for granted and miss some opportunities that could have helped me prepare for college. Now that i have gone through the transition from high school to college i wish i could go back in time to tell myself to relax and take every opportunity i could. I would also tell myself to not be afraid, since college is all about discovery.

The best thing about my college is its overall concern for the environment and its sustainability efforts. We have a sustainability committee that figures out how to make the college more environmentally friendly and also encourages high school students to be more actively involved in helping the environment through offering the honor of the Go Green Student of the Year Scholarship.

The most frustrating thing about my college is the difficulty of finding a parking spot. Oftentimes if you do not find one in the front parking lot you have to park way out of the way and walk ten minutes to get to class. This is also frustrating because if you do not get there ten minutes ahead of time you may be late to class.

Finger Lakes Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.