Canandaigua, NY
Finger Lakes Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Finger Lakes Community College

Cynthia

The main thing that I would tell myself is to stay focussed and don't allow myself to be distracted and let my grades fall. I can't stress that enough (because that's exactly what happened and I'm paying for it now). SCHOOL COMES FIRST!!!! Then I would tell myself to NEVER have sex without a condom. Lastly, have fun and be prepared because life is about to change. In my first year of college, I have been through so much that I have really regretted. But now that I think about it, I don't think that I would change any of it. All of that crazy stuff that has happened to me, I learned to accept it and take it all in as a learning experience. My first year of college has helped me grow and shaped the person that I am becoming. So despite everything, I would tell myself to fasten my seatbelt, because it's a long, bumpy ride....but like a roller coster, it'll be scary and fun. And at the end of the ride, you'll come out standing with your head held high, sharing your experience with others.

I wish that I could go back in time and tell myself that graphic design isn't a major for me so I shouldn't waste my time. I would also tell myself that no matter what, stay focused. Not to let any guy distract me from school. And ultimately, I wish I could have pointed out who to stay away from and given myself the lecture of condoms because STD's do exist. All this info would have saved me lots of pain, tears and time. But I guess everything is a learning experience that helps us grow.

When talking about my school, I brag about how it allows me to be my own person. Coming to this school has helped me grow up as ajn individual and have a better look on life and of myself. I also talk about how friemdly the people are; I love it here.

Ryan

I'm 26 year old father of a very bright and beautiful four year old daughter. Unfortunately, I'm only blessed with her presence 4 months out of the year instead of 12 due to my inability to prove my knowledge to the court system due to lack of actual evidence. This caused my life to be much more complicated, greatly affecting my mental and physical well-being. Instead of choosing to take the wrong path, I chose to set my goals as high as possible. I decided I wanted my daughter to not only know me as a father, but to look at me as very positive central person. Until this past year I took my early adult life for granted not really knowing where I stood in this world, which caused a very slow transition process. My outlook has changed now and I would give myself this advice. Even though the 12 or so years of school seem so tedious when you are young, it is just a small portion of your whole life. Not only can tragedy or unexpected circumstances make humans accomplish great feats, but with the right amount of determination you can do almost anything.

Finding parking close is very difficult; you have to be there around 7:00 AM just to get the limited 200 close spots. With the cold and the amount of snow we get in New York the walk quickly becomes a nuisance.

The school takes pride in maintaining a sustainable, environmentally friendly reputation and is likely to be one of the best community colleges in New York State for biological related fields. Teachers are very well respected and the school has ties to renowned universities such as Cornell.

I would tell myself that I need to keep my grades up and keep pushing to get my gpa up so I could get my choice of colleges to go too. I didn't and I had no choice but to really go to a community college to get my grades up. It's important to keep focused so you can get the full extent of the class and to accomplish at a higher level so you have the option to continue how you want. No matter what, keep going, keep trying.

I wish that I had known more about how the programs work . I started as a physical education major and had to go elsewhere for the physical education classes and had to pay extra as well as get myself there. I also wish I knew that there are not very many extra curricular activities like club sports to part take in. I find those important to know.

The most frustrating thing at my college is the activities. When classes are taken and you have a big break you don't have anything to fill it with. There is no pool to take a swim no racquetball court to play even thought they offer both classes. There is a work out but only if there is no class in there. It's hard to do nothing and then have no fun clubs or sports to part take in to keep in shape and having fun.

Finger Lakes Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.