Fisk University Top Questions

Tianna

So far I have had a great experience at Fisk University , however there are somethings that I wish I would have known before coming to this school. Before my arrival at Fisk , I wish that I would have known that I would be stepping into a place that had a preeminent role in the history of our nation. From the Jubilee Singers who traveled around the world to raise money to keep the doors of Fisk open to students that led marches and conducted sit-ins during the civil rights movement, I now know that Fiskcultivates people into leaders.

I wish I had learned how to manage my time better before arriveing at Fisk University. As a college student thousands of miles away form home, I came into newly found free time. It took me a while to learn that I am now accuntable for my own actions and that I have to accept the consequences of my choices and of what I choose to do with my time.

Breanna

The truth.

Cierra

I wish I would have known that there are many scholarships and grants that were made available to contribute to the access dollar amount that is needed for secondary education

morgan

I wish I had known about the lack of activites offered along with the trouble of finacial aid. I would have applied for a alot more scholorships and done a lot more research on grants and loans. As far as the lack of activites I would have involved myself more on and off campus as well. It is very different when you attend a college or unversity when they have everything from soccer to underwater basket weaving than on with a basketball/volleyball and track team.

Shelita

I wish I would have known that the transistion was this tough. Being away from home and living pretty much on my own is a very huge step for me. Knowing my reaction to living without my parents would have been great before traveling hundreds of miles from Chicago to Nashville.

Daniel

I wish I would have new its great research opportunities etc... I would have delved deeper into the research experience more intimately freshman year. I also wish O would have known all the various opportunities Fisk has to offer for development as a well rounded person. I also wish I would have known how family oriented Fisk, you aren’t another number.

Cyntoria

I wish I knew how I great of a history it had prior to my coming.

Wesley

I wish I had known more about the campus, surrounding area, and activities available to students.

Victoria

What the dorms looked like?

Victoria

I wish I would have know that finding money for a private school to pay tuition was not going to be a walk in the park.

Aisha

I wish I had known the importance of applying for outside scholarships. I wish I was loan literate and knew what I was getting myself into when I began taking out loans. I wish I had known that my school was luring me in with a nice financial aid package only to leave me behind with loan lenders after my freshman year.

Ashli

I wish that I would have known how unorganized the administration was and how nasty the food is.

Desiree

Nothing! Life just happens. You would not be who you are if u knew everything. Just let the punches roll and take it from there!