Kalispell, MT
Flathead Valley Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Flathead Valley Community College

Scott

This is a great place to learn. The campus is very well kept. The faculty is amazing. Its located in the last best place on earth. Just south of heaven. The Flathead valley is very peaceful. And the community is really nice. And Glacier National Park is just a half hour away. For the outdoor type this is the place to be. I'm an amateur photoagrapher so I really love this valley. With this scholarship i could improve my writing skills.

Rowan

I go to a offshoot of the kalispell campus in Libby Montana. There are very few classes, but that is because there are very few students. It's good enough to get your general studies done before going somewhere bigger. It's also the cheapest on the state.

India

Flathead Valley Community College is phenomenal! It's located in rural Montana so it's a little campus but I believe that improves it's welcoming nature. The facilities and buildings are superb, and the students are all nice, but the staff, teachers, and faculty are even better! Never met more inspiring and helpful people. Love this place!

Dillon

Flathead Valley Community College has been a wonderful place to start my college education. In the Honors Program here, I have taken some of the most amazing classes that have reinvigorated my love of learning. This college has taught me to move forward in life for the betterment of myself and the world around me. I love the teachers and the institution as a whole.

Shelby

Ever since I've attended after my high school graduation of 2014, FVCC has shown how good of a local college it is. Both staff members and faculty want to do their best to help the students succeed at the degree of their choosing. There are plenty of activities and events for students to participate in to be part of the college life of FVCC. For me, as a student personally, if anyone lives within the area of FVCC and they are looking for a start when it comes to college, I highly recommend students, no matter their age, to receive their education here. Especially for students who are in financial need, FVCC helps students with their financial need because they want them to get their education.

Joanna

My classmates are helpful, smart, determined to finish school with a good GPA, and they like to make everyone feel welcome no matter what their race, gender, etc. is.

If I could go back to my high school senior self, I would tell myself to be better at filling out scholarship applications. College isn't cheap and trying to pay most of it out of your own pocket isn't the easiest thing. It is really hard to work full time and go to school full time. Even though applications take a lot of time to fill out, it is totally worth it in the end. I would also tell myself to keep pushing forward. Perserverance and determination are what are needed to fulfill the dreams you have. The future may seem like a ways away, but it is only around the corner. Dreams may seem far-fetched, but they are totally worthwhile, so keep up the hard work, fill out as many applications as possible, and don't give up.

Any person should attend this school if they are wanting to get a head start on their college career. This college allows you to get a head start on your education by getting your prerequisites out of the way. They strongly encourage you in your college career and will help you figure out what kind of an education you should pursue. They take everyone's ideas into consideration.

Travis

The faculty and staff are truly devoted to their students and the learning experience they provide. I was previously attending M.S.U. Bozeman for a semester and coming back to Kalispell for this semester I was astounded at the devotion and genuine caring attitude of the faculty here. They honestly want you to succeed and want to see you do well, but they are still able to push you to do your best. Whether it be a teacher, or a caring adivisor in the financial aid office, the staff of this college are prepared and desiring to help.

As a senior in high school, I was in a hurry to escape high school and go to college. Movies exaggerate college and portray "the college kid party life" as something that it truthfully is not. What I learned and would warn my senior self about college are as follows: there are two possible extremes you can find your own balance between in college. One extreme many take is the party scene. These people are source material for movies. The truth about this extreme is that, like high school, wasting time making the present the greatest time of your life foresakes the future. I tried the party scene for a short while and realized almost everyone surrounding me had no idea what they wanted out of their future and were ruining their chances at having a prosperous one. The truth is that those who work for the extreme that is less attractive have a brighter future and become far more successful in the long run. This seems like common sense but the truth of life is that nothing of real worth comes easy. If you want happiness, as opposed to simply pleasure, you have to be ready to work.

If a bright future is the overall goal, which is typically a safe assumtion, then those who attend this school should use it as a starting point. This school is one where most can attend and get some of the more general college credits out of the way while paying very little. If you have the determination to put up with the judgmental comments of your peers regarding community college, you will have the last laugh when your debt is substantially less then theirs overall with the same degree.

The community college experience allows the students to truely discover their full potential and leads to unknown paths to better tomarrows future.

If I could go back in time I would stress placing trust in God and letting Him lead the way. Know the power of positive thinking. Set high goals for yourself. Let the things that seem like stumbling blocks in the road of life become a stepping stone to the next adventure. Become aware of all the assistance that the school offers from financial matters to the right study habbits that work best for you. Participate and ask questions when you do not understand a topic. Let other people get to know you, it makes life a fuller experience.

At the Flathead Valley Community College the staff is extremely friendly. I often wonder how such a small school has many teachers who seem way to qualified to be teaching at a community college. The class sizes are small, thus the teachers are able to have a better relationship with their students. I feel very comfortable asking any of the staff for help. The staff make sure that all the credits will transfer smoothly to other Montana colleges so students don't have to take classes over at the other school. The faculty truely wants the students to succeed.

Kimberly

There is so much advice I would want to give myself. I would advice myself to study harder and get that A in English. That your social life won't matter in College, but your grades will. I would also start looking for colleges sooner - as a freshman in High School. Understanding the requirments for the college I want to go to would have made it so much easier to understand and focus on the requirments to attain that goal. I also believe that real carreer counceling would have made a difference. Someone to give the good, the bad and the ugly of a carreer would have helped me make wiser choices.

The size is a huge bonus. More individual time with the instructor allows for the subject to be dicussed in depth. This allows me as a student to learn and apply that knowledge to my new carreer and to life.

If there was anything I would have like to know before attending was how financial aide was used and clarificaton of all my options. Going in as a freshman I was unaware of the scholarships and loans that are out there for people like me.

Michael, I don't have all the answers that you are looking for. As you are aware, you now and future you are very intelligent and very driven. The normal college life, with the party experience and all, won't be what you see in the future. You are going to be through your drug and alcohol phase real soon, even before high school's end. You have bigger and better things coming. You are going to go to a community college in the beginning and become and EMT...but I can assure you now, you aren't going to stop there. Your education has just begun. You are going to find a way to the local university, and you my friend will be Paramedic Kanak by the end of 2010. 2010 will be your year to shine, and achieve the dream. I suggest you find a way to pay that $5000 in tuition, and find those books you need, and I would tell you now...start studying. You have a long road ahead of you, but I promise you...it will all pay off when you can be calle: Firefighter/Paramedic Kanak. I know you can do it.

Flathead Valley Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.