Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University Top Questions

Shelinka

I LOVE Famu its a great place to expand your knowledge in your field and your knowledge of self.

Maleek

The school work here is at a level that would make anyone be on all fours in studying. Have a book in your hand 50{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the time and you should make it through.

LaShaya

In most classes, the professors know your name. They build a strong bond with their students and want them to succeed. Of course, not every professor is this way, but majority of the professors care about the success of thier students. I have one teacher who's email signature says "committed to your success". She really does commit herself to her students. My favorite class is Entrepreneurship Decision Making. In this class, I learn the fundamentals of leading a business, writing my business plan, how to speak in front of others, and learning the ins and out of business. For other students, they spend majority of the day in the library studying, typing up papers, preparing speeches and other work. In class, teachers expect students to participate and show initiative. I enjoy the conversations I have outside of class about what I have learned in class. The way I speak has changed because I speak more as a business-minded student. I am proud to say that in my business program, students like myself won a recent case study. We competed against other schools such as: Harvard, Yale, FSU, University of Florida, etc. The school's academics requirements can be a bit challenging and hard, but the work prepares you for the real world. Most students receive a great paying job with good connections upon graduation.

LaShaya

LaShaya

Britney

Professors keep a close relationship with students, just be active in class and they'll love you. My favorite class was African American history, I learned more about myself than I ever did. If you team up with the right people in class, study groups can be common and can make a difficult class way easier! My major being Broadcast Journalism is really fun. We have a different outlets for you to practice your dream jobs outside of class. In SJGS we have a FAMU TV 20, 90.5 radio station, Franchise Sports show, The Famuan newspaper, our own Journey magazine, and everything is completely student run! You can defiantly make great connections here and learn hands on to get a great job.

Bobby

Professors will definetly know your name. Professors can be hard on you, but they do this to push you to perform your best. Depending on your major, students can be very competitive.