Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University Top Questions

Kaiyah

The worst thing about my school is the outdated building structures for the frequently used buildings such as the main cafeteria. I believe the only buildings like that should be traditionally preserved are buildings like the Black Archives (this building preserves a lot of Tallahassee's history) should be maintained.

Carissa

Financial aid. Everyone needs it and a lot of us get shut down, like me for example.

eric

The worst thing about this school was the long lines we had to wait in to register for classes and also that the fact that our financial aid dispursement was always late.

The worst thing about my school I would have to say is how open it is to where almost anyone can enter onto campus.

Tyra

nothing

Jasmyne

The worst thing about FAMU is the delay in financial aid. I say this becuase I witnessed alot of students get dropped from classes then have to re-enroll becuase their financial aid wasn't processed in a timely manner. Unfortunately that is a stigma that my alma mater has yet to live down.

Nico

The worst thing that I consider about my school is the financial aid office. They are never willing to help a student in need.

Antoinyce

There is nothing that I consider bad about Florida A&M University. Students will have their rough spots, though, when determining issues such as where to live for the most economical price, how to ensure financial aid is in on time, etc.

Khadijah

The worst thing about my school is nothing but it's distance. The distance from here to my hometown, Miami, is quite extensive. There are times where I long for my family and friends, and it's impossible for me to get to them because of the difference. Difference is, a couple of hundred miles. One other thing that I would consider to be the worst about my school is the fact that I, and many others, can not really afford it. No one said that it would be cheap, but I would love to atleast be stable.

Jeremy

My school is slow when it comes to handling the finiancial aid for the students.

flore

Limted parking Rude faculty at the beginning of the semester Not enough seating in dining facilities Late disbursement of financial aid Long lines Disorganization and lack of communication between departmentsSome dorms

Dwayne

The worst thing about the school is getting accustomed to the climate. Florida A & M University sits on one of the highest mountains in Tallahassee Florida. The school is beautiful with a lot of hills and greenery. It takes a while to become accustomed to the altitude.

Tammi

The worst thing at FAMU is all the parties, causing some students to lose focus.

Ayanna

WORST is too harsh.....the financial aid department can be a hassle, but its not the WORST thing about FAMU...honestly, I don't think there is a WORST.

Kari

Worst thing about FAMU are the delays they have when it comes to distributing refunds on time or processing paper work needed to keep students in school.

Sierra

The worst thing about my school is that the financial aid off holds onto your money knowing you have to pay for books. THe money is not disburesed until about one month into the school and it puts you one month behind on work.

Amber

The worst thing at my school is the administration, but it can be easily overlooked with the plethora of benefits for being a Rattler!

Paris

The worst thing about my school would have to be not enough work study opportunities. I feel the school should be able to provide an enormous amount of work study because its hard for students to manage school and extracurricular activites without having a source of stable income.

Alesha

The worst thing about my school would be the customer service. The people who work in student accounts, post office, or anywhere where they must have customer service, they lack.

Kenya

I would like to begin by saying hello, my name is Kenya Blake and I honestly can say the only thing that I hated about my school was the financial aid office. The main reason I feel this way is because they were always very unorganized and never distributed the students reward checks on time. I'm still a very proud graduate and having to deal with this situation has made me a very patient and humble person.

Landrick

bias professors

Elisa

The worst thing about FAMU is how unorganized the financial aid and student account offices are. It is very difficult to get things done and alot of times the students (including me) become very frustrated when it seems like nobody in those offices have any answers. They mix up students financial accounts and post unexplained charges. But the upside is it allows me to exercise patience that I didn't know I had.

Eric

The worst thing about my school in my opinion is that it is extremely unconveinent. On the highest of seven hills, it is difficult getting to and from classes without a vehical of some sort. Bicycles are an enormous problem to me, because getting up the hill is a hassle. Attempting to have a bike on this campus would be a bad idea on this campus and i highly recommend that any newcommers not try to have a bicycle at Florida A&M University.

Kiara

Limited financial aid funds for students that really do need them.

Kurchelle

Honestly I think there is nothing at all at my school that i would want to change.

Akil

The worst thing about my school is the police department; many improvements need to be made.

Hannah

Many people look down upon my school and do not consider going there just because of the things they have heard from other people. They do not realize what a great institution it is. Because so many people have these poor feelings I feel like my school will never really get the chance to shine like it deserves to.

dannis

This university still has it's steps to take to become better but should start at considering what kind of students they accept into the school and instead of looking forward to their tuition checks. The majority of the student body are not interested in going to college for the education but attend just to get into that "college lifestlye" of drinking and sex.

Jozlyn

The worst issue at FAMU is the lack of parking for the students, and faculty. It is a hassle in the mornings to find a parking spot that doesn't require you to walk a mile to get to class.

Cornel

Lunches are usually unhealthy, the cafeteria is a place every student at FAMU has eaten at at least 30 times. And in the rush of trying to find a place to sit, the right time to eat between your classes, you try to find the quickest thing to scarf down as well. That tends to be the most greasiest pizzas and hamburgers you've ever seen. But if they're were a better selection of foods maybe we wouldn't be stuck with a hamburger gut.

Catrina

I consider the worst thing to be walking up and down those hills, its a real workout. other than that, there are no complaints about professors or education.

The worst thing about my school would have to be only the dorm I resided in. The other dorms were in great condition but mine wasn't.

How important information do not get to the student

Jackie

Finances are a big issue at my school. The little money that our school receives is insufficient for neccessities such as dorm rooms and efficient lab equipment. As a result, the majority of the students, in-state and out-of-state, are assisted with some type of fiancial aid.

Janika

Communitication, because it seems as if students are always getting the run-around.

Darnell

The worst thing about our school: refer to the above mentioned statement.

Kamelah

n/a

Sean

To me the worst issue is the financial aid. I just wish that they could put out more so that we (the students) could have less things to worry about. The more money that we have the less we have to worry about work, so that we may focus more on studies and joining organizations without sacrificing our grades.

The worst thing about my school is the financial aid office on how they treat the students when they need feed back. Feed back about there financial status of how they would be able to go to school.

Raymond

There is nothing too bad about my hbcu.

TaTanesha

FAMU was a pretty good school. My professors were extremely nice and helpful. Aside from the financial aid office, which I didn't have any issues with but plenty of others did, most things went well.

Jason

Financial aid was often a nightmare. One time I got my aid the next semester

Justin

The financial aid system was often problematic for most people although I never personally experienced too many problems.

Alicia

the worst thing i must say about my school is they are very disorganized when it comes to giving out financial aid. My room mate finally just recieved her award letter and net check this month which was the end of october. lets be mindful that school started in august. they also awarded me a grant and then took it away because they could not afford to give me the money for some odd reason. so this semester i'm short a thousand dollars.

Shernelle

Finincal Aid!!! Because you try to tell them about money that they gave you by mistake and they dont listen. I dont have time to be paying back anyone. Money dont grow on trees.

Mya

The worst thing about my school is the continued increase in tuition. For a school that is ranked pretty high on the public scale in Florida, the tuition around the state is always going up.

Courtney

Crime.

Anna

The lack of fin. aid compassion.

Gerald

That very helpful when you try to make connect with the school officals and service offices. They will leave you on hold or just not call you at all.

ANTONIO

The worst thing about my school is the constant bad press we receive and the reaction we receive from the public as a result. FAMU is a great school with a very rich tradition. We have several top ranking programs and a list of noteworthy alumni. Unfortunately, none of these aspects make the news headlines. Instead every flaw that may be in our system is illuminated by the press. I love the education and the opportunities that FAMU provides. I just feel that many prospective students will miss the chance to discover this institution because of the bad press.