Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University Top Questions

Gerrell

The most frustrating thing are the hills all around campus.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that financial aid takes a little longer than it needs to sometimes for some of the students to receive their money.

When I attended, you couldn't register online, you had to stand in long lines and wait to register and pay for your classes. I think that now you can register online and I believe they have online classes now. The environment was always positive and education was taken very seriously.

Jaquesta

There are always long lines to get food. The dorms aren't that great, because they're pretty small and there are many rules to follow. The bookstore is very expensive so make sure you have supplies before to come. Other than that the school is fine.

Markel

The most fustrating thing about my school, is its lack of updated facilities. Being that it was founded in 1887, many of the buildings have been around since the mid 1900's and look quite old.

Mallory

The most frustrating thing about Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University is when the iRattler system is down. This is because when you need it most, to say figure out your class schedule you are unable to use and may end up missing a class.

Brandy

The most frustrating thing about my school is that Administration System is not efficient. Every semester registering for classes is difficult because the computer system is not adequate for the amount of users. The faculty give the students the runaround and not only a few students but majority of students have issues with registering, getting into classes and receiving financial aid on time.

Shaniqua

To be honest the only thing that can get frustrating about Florida A&M is when financial aid is supposed to be disbursed. We often do not get our financial aid as early as we would like to. So if you are depending on financial aid so that you may buy books or any other material for your classes it can get frustrating because they are not getting your money together on time. That is the only thing I find to be frustrating about Florida A&M other than that its a wonderful insitution.

neil

The organizational structure

DeShaundra

N/A

Ayanna

Professors dont ALWAYS push you as much as they should....sometimes they are too easy on us, and lower expectations among students, which creates a culture of calm among students, instead of instilling a sense of urgency amongst us to complete assignments and attend classes on time.

Shayda

I currently do not have financial aid; I am using the money that my parents have saved for me since elementary school, so i really would not know how it feels to have financial aid but at this school it seems like thats the most frustrating part to everyone. I am always hearing my friends or one of my peers complain how they do not get there financial aid check on time, and how their attendance put a hold on their account and they can not get the money until the hold is gone.

Darnica

The most frusterating thing about my school is not being able to contact the finacial aid office, they never answer the phone!

Miguel

The most frustrating thing about my school is the time it takes to recieve financial aid. It is the only negative thing about this university, but its only the first couple of weeks of classes.

sharine

nothing.

George

The most frustrating thing about my school is small number of students who take their education for granted. Most students when they come to college tend not to have their priorities in order. This can cause many problems for students along the way if they do not have a sure idea for their main purpose in coming to college. I would just like for studnts to show more appreciation for having the opportunity to get and education.

Ty

The most fustrating thing about my school is the transportation method considering that the school was constructed on a hill.

Catrina

The most frustrating thing about my school is the financial aid distrubution and general run-a-run most students get from the financial aid and most of administration.

The most frustrating thing about Florida A&M University is dealing with some members of the administration who act like they do not want to help you. Especially when all a student wants is to get their classes and what ever else necessary to receive their higher education.

Marion

Their were very long lines for anything that was administrative. Financial aid, registrars and any other adminstrative lines were too long.

Farrell

The other students in classes don't seem to be as foocused on their school work as they should be. This really annoys me when I work hard to get good grades and my peers just eaze there way through.

Ja'Nea

finacial aid and how slow it is

The financial aid department at times does not follow through with verbal agreements due to the amount of students that attend this school. I love the school but you have to keep on the financial department to get what you deserve.

Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University is built on the highest of the seven hills in Tallahassee Florida. Most of the grounds covering our campus are not leveled, instead they are long slopes all leading up to a point at the top of our campus. Walking to and from class can be a tiresome routine daily because you have to concentrate on walking up and down hills without causing injury for not paying attention. However, it can be a good use for daily exercise if you love to walk and stay in shape.

The way information was given to students, we would found out at the last mintue that we had to do something and would have to hurry to complete things done like for graduation. My department was not that organize when I first enrolled and I wish they had because I would have had better communication with my advisors.

Anessa

I would have to say fiancial aid is the most frustrating thing. I am content with my fiancial aid package but I am unhappy with the time it takes our administration to send everyone their money.

Darnell

The most frustrating thing about our school would have to be financial reward notices and receiving net check compensations after our fees have been satisfied.

Geena

The administration doesn't have efficient processes to handle the volume of students so asministrative issues, like registration, financial aid, etc. take much longer than desired.

Jemie

I would the most frustrating thing about my school is finacial aid. Every semester it is really hard to get your money in timey fashion and you have to be on top of things to make sure the money you have EARNED is in on time to pay for tutition so you do not get late fees! And the finacial aid office gives you the run-around all the time. I also have a scholaship and i always seem to get less than I am suppose to and I always seem to have an outrageous fee on my account.

TaTanesha

The people act completely different then what I was used too in my hometown and previous school, which wasn't good. As a transfer student, it deterred me from trying new things and becoming more involved with campus life. I would highly suggest getting involved no matter what, because you just might like it. That was my case during my last year but I still had fun during my enrollment : )Missing paperwork was an issue for most people so I would recommend keeping copies of EVERYTHING.

Dontrell

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that many of the students only attend college because they feel it is the next logical step upon completion of highschool. They tend to think that professors or the university owes them something and then when they don't get it, they blame the school. Also, a lack of information about competitively pursuing graduate school. I think that this can be largely attributed to the lack of research being done by the faculty. Students are unfamiliar with current issues in their respective fields and are often unaware of graduate school.

Having so much tests in one week

Mya

Issues with financial aid. A lot of times the paper work is wordy and very legal, and students don't always understand what it is saying.

Chauneva

The lack of parking for students and faculty.