Florida Atlantic University Top Questions

The language barrier with some professors has been challenging in some of the math departments.

Captain

There are days that i look around me and feel truly alone, i am normally the only kid of color in my class and not may people are willing to talk to me. I can't stand the solitude.

Carmelle

The most frustrating thing about my school are some of the courses that we have to take for our majors. We have pre-requisite courses that we must take and it feels like you are being held back a little bit from what you really want to study as well as knowning how expensive college is, you would rather pay for courses that interest you and that you want to take.

cali

LACK OF FUNDING!

The most frustrating thing about FAU is the fact there's not always a huge focus on education.

Valerie

The most frustrating thing about my school is how hot it is outside. On just my 2nd day of class I was already about 10 shades darker.

Nothing about my school frustrates me.

Sasha

Maybe it's because I am new to college, but what I find most frustrating is the way the classrooms are arranged or assigned. I can have a class in one building and then go to a completely different building for another. It's not that we didn't have to do that in high school, but at least the buildings were close together. College campuses are much larger and much harder to navigate.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is very large.

Funding. The government cut funding by something like 40 million dollars. It hurts the campus in so many ways. Research projects, scholarships, jobs, staffing, parking etc. Just about everything you do at the campus has been negatively affected by the government. Driving in, parking, walking to class, using the restroom, quality of instructors, classroom supplies... on and on.

Sierra

The most frustrating element I have found as a student of Florida Atlantic University is the lack of communication among faculty, and the difficulty one may find trying to find simple answers about the campus, or to whom to talk to in certain situations. I have found the staff to be generally unhelpful, in almost all ways. As a freshman in my first semester, I found myself very lost in situations and in need of communications to certain people. As a first generation college student, I felt hopeless at times.

The most frustrating thing is parking. There are actually not enough parking spots to fit all of the FAU student population because of our recent growth spurt. While this may seem to be a mundane concern, it is an everyday one that frustrates the student body. If you do not arrive at school by 9am, you can spend 30 to 40 minutes driving around the parking lot, rolling down your window, and asking students if they happen to be leaving and if so where are they parked. While this may be a common bond, it's not a happy one.

Diamond

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking, it's so terrible and you can barely find a spot when you come back from somewhere.

Juan

a very limited amount of institutional scholarships and their very specific so its hard to apply to them

Janelle

The most frustrating thing about the school is financial aid. If your parents income are good, they wont help very much. They don't listen when I tell them I live alone and on my own and that my parents have expenses along with helping my brothers with their financial needs. They can't help me and I am alone. The financial aid councelors do not really understand that info and it is really frustrating.

Aliza

In my opinion the most frustrating thing at FAU is finding a parking spot. There were days that I drove around for more than forty five minutes looking for a spot to park.

Trying to get a good meal late at night.

Roman

The fees that the university charges and the assortment of food choices that are offered in the cafeteria.

Some of the professors do not speak English well and it can cause problems in some of the classes.

Alyx

I haven't attended FAU yet but I plan on it in the future next spring.

Patricia

Being able to deal with a learning disability where I have to intern and get hands on experience so I can apply it in the classroom.

the administrative systems at FAU appear to be well put together and functioning, however they tend to have holes in the system. Not a significant hinderance by any means, but a litte irksome when you get the run around in regards to an apparently simple question.

The most frustrating this is the fact that not many online courses are offered. Also we use to have more campus options there use to be a campus in Port St. Lucie which was very close to my home and the campus in Jupiter use to offer more course options. The campus in Port St. Lucie is all but obsolete and the campus in Jupiter has very few course options, so I find myself having to drive very far. All I can say is at least I have that opportunity but I would like more convenience

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be the parking lot. There are many many many students who are learning at Palm Beach State and the parking lot is often full. Students and myself have to wait for a while to find a parking spot. Usually I leave a half an hour early because of this.

noelle

The most frustrating thing about my school limitations. The FAU Honors College in Jupiter, FL is so small that there is not much of a selection of free electives. There is only one time slot and instructor for each class. Also, a concentration (the word "major" is not allowed) must be declared as a freshman because one must take classes for that subject area right away; unlike other universities (including FAU Boca Campus), where a student can simply take core classes his/her first two years.

I commute (30-45 min. drive) 4 times a week

Pawel

Since FAU is a commuter school, parking is the number one problem at the school. No matter how many new parking garages get built, one has to always circle the parking lot like a chicken hawk in order tofind that one spot. The other bad thing about FAU being a commuter school is that people tend to come to class, and they are gone right afterwards. Not too many pepople hang around to establish friendships with, unless you live in the dorms which only house a small percentage of students.

Housing and meal plan pricing are way over priced. By having over priced housing and meal plans it makes living on campus impossible and if you do live on campus it is very stressful. I lived on campus my freshman year and from the start I had financial troubles. Plus, the quality of the dorms and meal plans are not equal to what they charge. Not enough food choices and the quality of the service ruins dining experience.

Martine

The most frustrating thing about my school is getting a good class schedule. My school offers all the classes you need, but not with much flexibility.

The most frustrating thing is trying to call the school because it's very easy to end up getting transferred again and again and again and not necessarily to the right department.

Xavier

The most frustrating thing about F.A.U wheather you are a on campus or commuting student is parking space.

Lenore

The parking situation and the lack of accesibility to a finacilas aid officer. You would think that the Great Oz himnself dwells in the inner sanctum of Finacial Aid. Best of luck actually seeing your financial aid officer, you need to bring a witches broom and a few friends~ ( heart, a brain, some courage).

the parking and the staff. Many times the staff makes you feel unwelcome.

So far the only frustration I have is with the limited parking, and I have noticed there are designated areas where we have to "pay" hourly for parking. Some of the TA's I've had werent very helpfull.

The most frustrating thing at my school that I've actually encountered is the limited selection. Classes are always offered at the minimum and their is hardly any options as far as teachers are concerned.

Aria

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of parking. The parking lot is always full and it takes a very long time to find parking. Also the lots are so far away from the buildings. When you have a lot of bags with you it is horrible.

Raven

The most frustrating thing would have to be the professors that have very heavy foriegn accents.

Randall

PARKING. Capalized on purpose because parking is that much of a pain.

ryan

The lack of on campus school spirit. A good majority of the students go home for the weekends and if you are not in a fraternity or sorority then there really is not much to do.

Dina

The most frustrating thing about my school is trying to find friends. I have lived on campus for 2 1/2 years now and still have never met my next door neighbors. Everyone is so involved in their own lives they dont take a second to glance up and smile.

The staff!!!!!!! No one knows whats going on or what they're talking about and it is impossible to get something done when you need it to (this is regarding financial aid, advising, registrar, controllers, and even half of the professors I have dealt with).

Arlene

By far the most frustrating thing is that because it is so small the courses are only offered periodically and it is hard to schedule classes in such a way that you don't end up here for an extra semester.

nothing

Sometimes classes aren't offered but only in fall or only in spring and if you dont get it then and you need it to graduate you're s.o.l

Cristofer

The Heat and Rain are much too common, but that's not FAU's fault.

Keisha

The math department.