Temple Terrace, FL
Florida College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Florida College

Sara

It's Christian based values and small school atomsphere.

It's Christian based values and small school atomsphere.

It is small, so there are fewer kids in each class. The professors care about you and take time with each student. The majority of students live on campus and are from out of state. Because it is a small school there are more opprotunities to be involved in more things.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior with the knowledge I have now about college I would tell myself to not stress out about choosing a degree within the first year or two. You will figure that out with college experience. Also to not stress about money but to invest in your education no matter the amount, it is always worth it. Keep in touch with those who have helped you get where you are and always remember to say thank you because you cannot do it on your own.

Staggs

Flroida college is one of the best schools to be found in the United states the one thing that stands out to most people is the family like atmosphere that is created by students and faculty.

Make sure that you know who yoy wha nt to live with as well as making sure that i do more of the financial aid and not leave it to others to do.

the one thing to me personally is the family atmosphere, and the fun that i hve had at florida college while getting a great education.

Olivia

Diligent role models who study hard and are honest in every aspect! They are great examples and really helped make my first year of college enjoyable. They are all strong in their faith and devoted to God and the people in their lives. I couldn't ask for a better atmosphere.

If I were to travel back in time to my senior year and give myself some advice for what to expect my first year of college, the first thing I would say is "study hard!". High school was a breeze and studying for tests seemed hardly neccessary. College is quite the opposite and I learned the hardway after seeing my first test scores. Making friends with people in your classes always helps when it comes time to for a test, the best way for me to learn the material is for someone to quiz me on it verbally! This really helped me out my first year of college. If I had someone who could forsee my future before it happened I could have had a much easier first semester!

The best thing about Florida College is the small campus environment and the types of people the school attracts. The students who attend Florida College come from some type of religious background and are very friendly individuals who look out for one another. Everybody knows everybody and there is not one person without a friend.

Ryan

I would tell myself that, even if you can't do what you want for a job before you get to school, find any job you can. Fast food, janitorial, anything, because you will need that money. When you get to school, you'll do fine on grades, your social life will be great, and everything will seem to fall into place, but you'll worry constantly about having enough money. You'll get a girlfriend, and you'll want to take her on dates. You need money. You'll want to hang out with friends. You'll need money. You might think working at McDonalds is below you right now, but when you wish you had an extra five bucks halfway through the year, a job like that will be worth it. So worth it. So go get a job!

The Cafeteria. The food there (generally speaking, there are a few good things) is not the best. And yo

Someone who is looking for a home away from home. It is a very spiritually minded school, and by the view of many is very strict and rule-oriented. however this serves as a structure that helps many make the transition from high school to college to being completely on their own. For many years it was merely a 2-year school, but is now also becoming a more serious four year school.

Tyler

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I'd start off by telling me that when baseball season comes, make sure I focus on getting my school work done properly. I would always wait till the last minute to finish my school work, and my grades showed it; I went from Dean's List first semester, to 2.3 or so GPA during the baseball season. Even after several good semsters in grades, that first baseball semester still has considerably lowered my cumulative GPA. I would also tell myself to live life. I spent too much time alone in my dorm, playing video games, when I should have been out meeting people and hanging out/interacting with fellow human beings. I attended school the same year as my sister, and we hung out maybe once. It could have been a great time to bond with her, and learn from her, rather than "leveling up" on the latest video game.

The cafeteria food will be the number one answer from 9/10 kids on campus. I'd mostly agree with it, especially for the price we pay for it.

Kids should attend this school that aren't ready to be out on their own yet. I compare this campus to a junior high with all of it's clicks and drama.

Make sure you focus. Don't be a hermit in your dorm. Balance school and friends.

People who don't like big schools but lov being social

Melody

A wonderful institution which combines a challenging academic atmosphere with a spiritual mindset and warm faculty.

Dear Self, So while unfortunately you (me) will never read this because time travel has not yet been invented I have a few words of advice for you. Transitioning to college will be easier for you than you anticipate. There are still people around and being driven, you will still accomplish a lot academically. However, here are a few things to think about. Making friends won’t be too hard, but really look at who you are friends with. It’s ok if you change who your closest friends are, you are at a huge time of change and growth. Don’t feel the pressure to find a boy right away. For the first time in your life guys will pay attention to you, but take time to think about if they are really the type of man you are looking for. B’s are ok. I know this sounds crazy, but doing your best is all you can do. Finally, take time to talk to older people. This includes mom. It will make life so much easier, and you will learn a lot that will be helpful. Good luck. I know you will do great. Yourself

A person with an open mind to spiritual discusion and who believes in a rigorous academic setting should attend here.

Andrew

My classmates are smart, helpful, and amazing to be around inside and outside of the classroom.

When I was a highschool senior I didn't know what to expect from College. I knew it was something that I wanted and needed to do, but I didn't know what it was going to be like. I was homeschooled, so the idea of sitting in a classroom all day was strange and foreign to me. I was incredibly blessed to arrive at Florida College's campus though. They took me in and helped me adjust very quickly. However, if I could go back and give my highschool self a pep talk about college I would have a thing or two to say. First, get your paper work done quickly and you'll save yourself a major headache. Second, don't be outgoing from the get go. Make the most of the experience, meet people, and do things. Thirdly, never neglect your studies. One bad grade in a class is hard to recover from. Above all, I would remind myself what I constantly try to remind myself of. Remember God and put him first, even above your school. School has been an adventure for me and I feel truly blessed for the opportunity to reflect on that here.

The atmosphere and environment that the school has. Going to a school that is based on christian foundations has helped me grow, not only socially and academically, but also spiritually. There isn't another school that could have done what Florida College has done for me.

Blythe

Because of Florida College's small stature, it offers unique opportunities other schools don't like personalized curriculum and a familial campus. The classes at Florida College are smaller than most schools, and this lends to a more comfortable atmosphere in the classroom, prompting you to ask questions vital to your education, get involved in class discussions, and cultivate personal relationships with the teachers and fellow classmates. Because of the intimate nature of the student body and the faculty, the college is more like a big family than a school, and that's what makes Florida College unique.

Highschool, though easier than college academically, is harsher than college socially. It's difficult to feel comfortable in your own skin - at least it was for me. If I could give my highschool self a piece of advice about college, it would be that college is not like highschool. Your fellow students are more open-minded and diverse, as they come not just from different areas of your neighborhood, but different parts of the world. There are clubs and societies that cater to the wide array of interests you've already cultivated - but don't be afraid to try new things on for size. College allows you to take classes that actually interest you, join clubs that actually make a difference, and meet friends that won't judge you because you don't think the exact same way they do: true friends. College allows you to flourish, so don't be afraid to embrace new ideas or routines or ways of life - because no one is here to judge you but you. Free yourself to be yourself.

The best thing about Florida College is what most call the Florida College experience: a unique campus in which every activity, every class, every aspect of college life has a foundation in the Christian beliefs central to every member of this institution. I love that I can study the bible in my Old Testament Poetry class, worship God with the rest of the student body during Chapel, and then learn about the complexity of God's creation in Calculus - all in one day at FC. Florida College thrives on this special passion that everyone shares: a passion for God.

Christopher

All of them are extremely friendly and willing to stand up for God.

All of them are extremely friendly and willing to stand up for God.

Don't get unfocused and remember who you serve. God is good and He loves you; so don't turn your back on Him by getting fixated on your social life or friends or grades or even acceptance because when you do, you only cause yourself needless pain. God is there, He want a relationship with you so that He can shower you with peace and happiness. He loves you, Chris! All that He wants is a little love back.

The best thing about Florida College is the spiritual atmosphere. It is a conservative christian private school that is focused completely on serving God. It changed my spiritual life forever, and it helped me to understand what is really important.

Florida College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.