Temple Terrace, FL
Florida College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Florida College

Zachary

I would tell myself to spend more time studying, even though I didn't really need to study in high school, because college is different, and not having pre-established study habits made things difficult. I would say to be more frugal with money, and learn to manage it better, because money is very important (and quite often scarce) in college. I would tell myself to spend more time and effort on what's important, and less time doing unimportant things, such as Facebook and games. I would say to be more active spiritually, to talk to my friends and take advantage of doors that opened to me, rather than sit back and let them close up and be lost like I did. I would ask myself to spend more time studying God's Word, and act upon it to be a better, stronger Christian, which consequentially would make non-spiritual things easier. I would tell myself to develop better time management skills; they are important and I am seriously lacking in this. All of this would serve not only to make things easier at the time, but make transition to college and post-college life much easier and pleasant.

I would brag most about the people and the environment. Florida College provides an excellent environment in which to grow academically and spiritually. It has helped me tremendously. The people here, both the students and faculty, are amazing, and are the kind of people who become friends for life. They really care for each other and do their best to help each other any way they can. I consider Florida College an exceptional school, a great school at which to begin your college career and start your life away from your parents' home

The most frustrating thing about my school for me is that it is an out-of-state private college. Tuition is higher, which makes it harder to afford, although that wouldn't be as much of a problem for in-state students, and there is always financial aid to help with the higher tuition. However, higher tuition just means you need more financial aid, which means a lot more time and effort put into applying for financial aid, which you don't always receive despite your application.

Grace

An incredibly close educational instituion that places emphasis on the most important aspects of human development at it's core, which is the spirit.

Dear Grace, Breathe. You are yourself, a most unique and imperfect being, just as everyone else. Rememer to keep positive, everything isn't as bad as your mind tells you it is. Your biggest obsticles in life are internal, not external. Though where you are will constantly change throughout your life, your innermost being will be there, and can change as much or as little as you allow it to. Be comfortable with yourself. You are not autonomous from your enviornment, but don't take that as something negative. It is what pushes us to blossom into our full potential. Remember that life comes in clusters. Clusters of loneliness and despair, but there are always those incredible times when you hardly have time to breathe. Those times will keep coming as long as you keep your mind open, your thoughts positive and the corners of your mouth turned up. You learn more about yourself everyday. C'est la vie.

I would assume that I attend one of the smallest schools in the country and I love it. It provides for the opportunity to get to know your professors on a first name basis. Any questions of difficulties I'm having, there are several professors whose offices I can walk into, and they will sit there, liten attentively and do everything they can to help. It's a privelege to be able to get so close to successful Christians. They teach, act as an example and are driven through life by the same thing I am.

Rebecca

Though Florida College is a small Christian-based educational facility, the variation in students and faculty members, both in views and culture is impressive. Due mostly to our sports programs, we are forunate to receive students from abroad (Italy, Columbia, and others). In addition to ethinc differences, the school also has opportunity to instruct students from a wide range of economic backgrounds.

In a culture that puts such emphasis on relishing in the past, in pictures set to heart-wrenching songs, yearbooks and three-hour coffee dates "talking about the good ol' days", I have to tell you: high school is only a short chapter in your life. Enjoy it with the knowledge that it is only a step in your life and the first foothold to your education. Short as your time has been there and as young as you are, you cannot realize the true importance of considering this as the time to be serious about the rest of your life. Why make it such a big deal; because you've gotten by the past years "barely studying", "high school's so easy", and "I'll have all of college to be serious about education". Absorbing as much knowledge, about everything you can, is better started sooner rather than later. Take senior year as a revealing view into your future. It is the future to your career, I speak of, and not college alone. Because college, too, will come and go before you know it; and you'll want to be prepared for the life lying before you.

It allows for a lot of involvement. So in my time at Florida College I have spent 2 years in choir and served as a secretary for the music department. I have also served the school on homecoming court, secretary of the Upper Division student government, as well as an officer position for one of the 6 on-campus societies (voluntary intramural and social groups). I was also forunate enough to be chosen to represent the business program this year in it's first year of appointing "ambassadors".

Britney

A great place to grow educationally, spiritually, and socially.

A great place to grow educationally, spiritually, and socially.

I dont know if I would give myself any other advice, because I wouldnt have learned the lessons I learned if I had done something differently. I went into college scared to death about how hard the classes and everything was going to be, so I worked really hard, but then it turned out that it was easier than I thought it would be. If I had known how much easier it was going to be, I wouldnt have worked so hard and wouldnt have done as well in my classes. However, if I were to give myself some advice about college life, or just life in general, it would be to be more careful with my money. Before I went to college I didnt really have any concept of money and how much things cost. While I was at college I spent alot of my parents money on just everyday things and extra activities that I didnt really need. I now know that I need to be more careful about spending my money and only buy the things that I really need, so that when I want to do an occasional fun thing, I'll have money for it.

Someone who is serious about their education, as well as their spiritual and social life. They need to be comfortable with following the rules about dress and conduct codes, and curfew. They also need to be ok with a small school setting.

Lisa

I can't even describe how thankful I am to have met some of my classmates at Florida College. These are people I KNOW I will remember and keep in touch with for the rest of my life. Some of them have helped me through the most difficult struggles I have ever faced, and if I hadn't gone to FC, or if they hadn't, my life would be completely different. The students overall are friendly, welcoming, and ready to make friends with anyone. I can't imagine that at any other school!

I know you're a little--well, a LOT hard headed, but..listen to dad for once! Get another job, apply for as many scholarships as you can, and remember that the future is what you make of it. You have to DECIDE to do the right thing, to strive for what's best, and to never give up. Success won't be handed to you. You have to earn it. And realize that your current struggles will pass. They are temporary, so don't obsess over them. Look to the future, trust in God, and have confidence that He will lead you where you need to go. That may not be exactly where you WANT to go, but the Lord knows what is best. So have faith. Be content that you can't control everything, but don't settle for less than your potential. You will be depressed at times because the future looks grim, but keep pressing forward! You will see that your path is not so desolate as it seems, if only you look for the good in life. Oh, and that boy you meet freshman year? Well...just keep a level head, ok? Good luck!

A lot of schools say the teachers really care about you, and you're more than just a number. At Florida College, that's the truth. The classes are all under thirty students, so you recgonize most people on campus. The teachers really want what's best for you and they try their hardest to help you succeed. FC is a school centered on serving the Lord, so everyone cares about everyone, and there's a strong sense of community on campus. It's wonderful! I don't regret it one bit!

Jonathan

Start ealy and take it seriously. Seek advice about degrees, financial aid, cost, what you want to do for a career, and don't put it off. Time slips away no matter how hard we grasp it. And at the same time, be patient! All things are done in God's time not yours. The next few years will be hard and full of difficult decisions. But don't let that stop you from pursuing your goals. Be a servant to others and you will find more satisfaction and joy than from working for yourself. Take advantage of doors that are open to you, because sometimes things only happen once. Now for some practical advice. On your way to school, don't ram your car into the back of dad's rental when you get to Nashville! Get the job off campus, you will need to money. Stop trying to date Bethany!!! You will just end up breaking up after 6 weird and difficult months. Don't change anything about Sophomore year. Its great! The best part is you grow close to Lauren Harber and begin to date her. She is the girl that you will marry someday. God Bless.

I wish I would have been able to grasp how fast it was going to fly by. The enjoyment and closeness that you feel from all those involved with the school is something to be cherished for a life time. The past 2 years have flown by. Everyday at Florida College has been a blessing. I just wish I would have been able to see how much of a blessing it was when I first started this journey in 2009.

Someone who wants to slip by and not be noticed would not be able to do so at Florida College. The people at FC care about one another socially, spiritually, academically, and physically. Succes in all of these areas are guided and aided by faculty as well as fellow students.

kalee

Let go. Let go of the stress from home. Their debt is not your stress. Let go of the guilt you feel for leaving. It's okay to take a different path. Your dreams are your fuel for your future. Fuel yourself! When you step out of that van and your foot lands on that hot Florida College pavement hit the ground running. Dorm life will come naturally, just keep your room tidy. You are going to make some wonderful friends. You are also going to make some enemies. I can say this, you will handle every trial thrown at you honorably. I am so proud of you for all you are about to take on alone. Mom and Dad won't be there to help you. They can't afford to assist you, you're going to have to step up and do it all yourself. Be prepared, you are going to get terribly sick. People will say quit. Don't be afraid and don't give up. You will do wonderfully. Keep praying and keep trying because you will shine. Always call home, even when you don't miss them, and tell them you love them.

Florida College seems to shelter it's students. Commonly referred to as the "FC Bubble", the seemingly over-protective forcefield prohibites students from functioning alongside the res t of the world. FC has strict rules and ignores most of the major hot-topics in socitey. The news is rarely discussed. Most of the FC students seem very immature and ill-prepared for the reality of the world awaiting them after graduation. Students are not prepared to deal with a opposing view on marriage, sex, drugs, alcohol and such topics as those.

Florida College is the best school for providing students with a strong spiritual foundation with aggressive, intense classes to keep your faith strong and your mind sharp. Any student who is looking to build both their faith in God and their education must try out Florida College! The atmosphere is an encouraging, uplifting, and morally-supportive! No professor will discourage a student from believing in God and the Bible. Students are challenged to push their minds to their limits. No other school can offer the spiritual support and mental challenges like Florida College.

Hello Amanda. I am a future version of yourself here to provide you with advice regarding the transition from high school to college. Currently, you are thirty years old and attending college. Although you are thoroughly enjoying the experience, I would like to help push you toward making the transition sooner. I know you are worried about the cost, and unfortunately due to their financial situation our parents cannot help. However, there are plenty of people and institutions that are more than willing to help students afford the cost of a higher education. Apply for financial aid, scholarships, and loans. Secondly, there is nothing to fear. The professors are not as intimidating as you think and are willing to take the time to make sure you understand and succeed. In fact, many will become your friends and biggest supporters. Lastly, you are incredibly intelligent. Please don’t limit yourself. While it can be scary, change is a good thing! Even if you are not entirely sure of your future path; start college and aim for the stars. If not you will miss some of the most amazing experiences of your life. Bottom line, don’t wait. Enroll. Discover. Enjoy.

Andrew

I believe the advice I would give to myself is the biggest struggle for me for so long is that is to stop procrastinating. Sure I could've done it alot in high school but college is completely different. I would remind myself constantly that the professors will not remind you of work that is due like most of the teachers in high school, if you don't turn in that assignment that specific professor will fail you for the day and move on to the next assigment. Which brings me another set of advice I would give to myself and that is be fully responsible of everything that you do in college. Since you are by yourself you have to provide yourself the paper, pencils, pens, folders and other things needed for the school year. I would remind myself to bring a planner so I can list all the homework assigments and test dates for each of my classes and appointments I will have to make for professors and college counselors if I want to have a meeting with them they can't remind me I will have to remind myself.

I really wished I knew the price for books since the price has changed over the years. To be honest I really wish that I knew more about the kind of assignments that the colleges hand out to the students just so that I would've been made more aware of what to expect in my first year of college. Also the biggest thing that I wish I would've known when I came to this school is how to stop procrastinating. Because of that I really had a struggle in my second semester.

To be quite honest, there is not really anything I can say that makes me frustrated with the school. The transportation to get to my school ,since I am a commuter, is good. The students I have encountered have been kind to me, and the professors have been very helpful when I can't get something in their class and they have also been friendly as well. It is probably hard to believe that I don't really have one negative thing to say about the school but there is nothing I can really say bad about the school.

Andrea

Florida College is a place where moral values come first and anyone can succeed if they seek the help of those around them.

Open up immediately when you get to college. No pretense is going to make you more successful or more well-liked than just being yourself. Don't waste time trying to fit into some sort of mold that you think people will accept. That won't make you happy, and it won't impress anyone around you who is worth it. As far as academics are concerned, keep your eye on the prize. It is super important to explore all the fun things you can do when you are out on your own for the first time, but you have to remember why you are in school. If you plan ahead, it is easy to balance school work and friends and come out ahead. The key when starting off at college, and really in life in general, is balance. You have to find a system that works for you, and stick to it so you can achieve your full potential.

I wish I would have known how accepting everyone was. That would have alleviated many of my fears from the beginning. Being a "Christian" college, I was worried that I would be judged. If I had known the accepting atmosphere before I went, I could've gotten into the swing of things without apprehensions.

Florida College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.