Temple Terrace, FL
Florida College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Florida College

Ashli

The best thing about Florida College is its small size and clean enviroment. All of the dorms at FC are gender seperated. Therefore I never feel unsafe. I never have to worry about my roommate bringing in someone that might be dangerous. With FC's dress code and no alchohol policy I also never have to worry about immodesty or drinking on campus. The main focus at Florida College is your education and your growth in the Lord. Not about drinking parties or fraternities but about learning and education. That is what I like the most about Florida College.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school student I would have a lot to say. I would sit myself down and with empathy tell me to slow down and focus on my studies. I would know how eager I was to fly through high school and do only what was necessary to make a passing grade. I would have to tell me how foolish I was for not focusing on grades as much as I focused on friend and home drama. I would have to break the news to myself that once out of college I would be in debt because I passed up on a lot of scholarships because I wanted other things. I would tell myself finally not waste the very intelligent brain the good lord gave me.

You should attend Florida college if you really want to learn and grow in the Lord. Florida College is a private Christian liberal arts school. It only has four hundred students so the classes are small. You get a lot of one on one attention with the professors in an enviroment that is clean and good for learning. FC also offers many extra curricular activities such as greek letter societies, and community service organizations to get involved in. So a person who is looking for all of those things in a school is a person who should attend FC.

Cynthia

Wake up!!!! Good Morning Cynthia. It is time to rise and shine!!!! I know your classes are tough, but just think of all the benefits of finishing. I know it hasn't been easy, but your character has been built through all of your trials!!! . Soon, you will walk across the stage to collect your diploma. Just remember, not all of your friends who started with you, will finish with you. You can announce to all of your family and friends that you were the first to graduate from high school. I am so proud of you! College life won't be easy, I know you can do it! It's not like high school in the sense that at least your teachers monitor you somewhat now. In college, it is your responsibility to get good grades......and, by the way, you also have to figure out how to pay for your classes!!! You may miss quite a few parties with friends, your telephone conversations may be a little more brief than usual, and more often than not you may need to surround yourself with silence.............. for the sake of studying. But, you can do it!!! I believe in you!!!

Vicente

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, and know what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would have told myself to stay in California and apply to a university in California and applied to a school with a high recognized name. Also, I would have told myself to go directly to grad school after graduating from University.

Philip

A wonderful group of like-minded Christian individuals with the same goals and values.

I would tell myself that school is not a game. You can't just stay up and play X-box all night, one has to get sleep and work hard. You also can't do it alone; you have to make more time for study and less time for wooing the ladies. School is fun, but hard. You get out of it what you put into it. I'd tell myself to be careful with expectations of others because life is full of unpredictable obsticals. Papers can't just be put off, and homework must be done. You can't study the night before a test and get an A, and the teacher is what makes the class, so ask other students and pick the best ones!

All the wonderful people that I get to spend my whole day with.

Miranda

They are all very helpful and encouraging.

They are all very helpful and encouraging.

Choosing to go to Florida College has been the best decision i have ever made. From it i have learned that there are other Christians in the world. I have gained a new love for school and learning. I have met so many people that are kind and helpful. I have become a more active student socially and acedemical. I have gotten more envolved with church and volunteering. It has been valuable attending here because of all the reasons listen above and that attending here, i feel like i can learn in an environment that is encouraging, clean, safe, and that whats me to succeed.

Someone who enjoys a close net school and is hardworking for acedemics and for the Lord.

Alex

Florida College is a small Christian school focused on improving students academically, spiritually, and socially through many extracurricular activities and events such as school-sponsored tutor session, devotionals, and intramural sports.

Florida College, as a Christian college, teaches more than just academics and has opportunities that can't be found at many other colleges. While there are disadvantages to a small school, there are even more benefits. Because the classes are considerably smaller, the teachers are able to maintain a personal relationship with students and students receive more help. Florida College teaches leadership, service to others, and wisdom. There are more leadership opportunities at Florida College than most other colleges. I have been able to organize spiritual devotionals on a weekly basis as well as present lessons. Students are encouraged to write "happy mail" to each other, just simply notes to encourage others. Florida College has planned weekends for students to engage in projects helping the community. I've also become wiser at Florida College. Every day, at ten in the morning, all the students go to chapel to hear practical lesson on improving their lives. On the cross country team, I've learned endurance and perseverance. College has been valuable to me because of the characteristics I've developed, the bonds I've created with other students, and the opportunities I've had the pleasure to experience.

Florida College, being a small private school, does not have the capabilities to help students financially. The cost per semester is just under $10,000 so most students require financial aid. There are many students who could have received hefty or full scholarships at larger public universities - myself included. However, because of the school's size, not only is it expensive, but scholarships are few with strict requirements.

Mallory

The vast majority of everyonehere has the same values of behavior and morality. It is easy to make the right decisions when you aren't being persueded to choose otherwise.

I have grown academically, physically, mentally, socially, and more importantly spiritually while at this school. I would not trade my experience for anything!

Those who like to rebel against the rules and have problems with authority.

Hayley

You wouldn’t imagine my life in a week. Actually, you would. It’s not that strenuous or exciting. It’s typical college, but I didn’t prepare myself for the imbalances. I wasn't aware that I would only get sleep on certain days, or that I’d only eat randomly when I “felt” like it or had time, or that I’d only have one real day set aside to be mature… not to mention laundry. Are you kidding me? No one told me that college was so random. No one ever really gave me good advice about college anyway – to be honest. It was all too generic like, “don’t procrastinate." Little did they know, I’m at Florida College. It’s not an ordinary college. Procrastination looms over our heads because social activities are dangled in front of us like carrots, and spiritual opportunities overflow like a pot of stew at 400 degrees, yet our professors are right around the corner to get us right back on the educational track. The value in any education is acquired from what is learned. The value in an FC education is the ability to laugh as we learn.

Florida College is a school dedicated to serving it's students spiritually, educationally and socially.

The most frustrating thing about Florida College is having my expectations shattered. I don't necessarily mean that I have been let down. I haven't. I went into my first semester thinking I knew what I was in for, but I was sorely mistaken. I have learned very quickly that my education is extremely important and that my professors care about me and will not let me fail. It is frustrating that I can not simply do as I please, because the faculty cares about my education AND my well-being.

Mattison

i have grown up lot during my first year of college. Even though I am not able to afford living out of my home, I feel more independent since I began. No one keeps track of when you sleep through class or when you fail a test. college becomes something that you can only succeed at when you have your own personal desire to be there. I have been able to prove to myslef that my dreams are reachable. I have shown myslef I can be diligent and patient. College is the only way to my career and it's put me through a test of whether a Doctor is what I want to keep working towads. It has been a positive obsticle that has been valuable to my growth as a person in society.

Nathan

They are helpful, spiritually-minded, servants who go out of their way to do good for others and learn how to be productive and successful in life.

I have started breaking out of my solitary shell of living and learned that I should include many friends in my circle of trust. I have learned how to serve others and my community. I have been exposed into a deeply spiritual enviroment that brings out the best in me. I have gained much value from deep, new friendships; I have gained a will to constantly challenge myself to grow into something better than I once was.

I wish I had known how to be more social to make more friends.

Florida College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.