Florida Gateway College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Florida Gateway College

ASHLEIGH

Florida Gateway College is a phenomenal option for students who are planning to transfer into a university, cannot afford to enroll at a university, or wish to stay local while pursuing a higher education. Florida Gateway College offers a dual enrollment program that is accessible to several surrounding counties; making it easier for students to experience and continue their educations after high school graduation. Without this dual enrollment program, many students may find the transition to college to be too much, and struggle to adapt; or some may decide not to attend college at all. In sum, Florida Gateway College has an abundance of opportunity for everyone at an affordable rate and makes active efforts to better the community by educating those who inhabit it. Its rural location offers a safe and quiet atmosphere for students to thrive under.

FGC is a beautiful campus. The library is AMAZING. Shelves are fully stocked, and there are quiet study rooms that are available to study groups. They just re-did the Cafe and the food is actually great for a college campus. FGC offers many programs. Of course, every college has it's downfall. Recently we received a new college president, and he is making several changes that are great for the college. All in all, it's a 4 out of 5.

Raylen

I think that Florida Gateway College is a great school. It has a very great atmosphere. It is very laid back and very simple. It doesn't have a lot going on like other schools and universities, but if you want to get your degree at a small college campus with very little hassle, I recommend Florida Gateway.

Kiersten

My overall opinion was thta thye have an administration that really cares about students and their education. When i walked in the class it was a science class and the professor said their are around 20 student in each class so the indivisiual student can get the much needed help and attention as possible. I am extremely proud of this school and i am excited to be apart of the wolvepack in the fall. #gotimberwolves

Carlos

Florida Gateway College is a great place to learn. The teachers are friendly and want you to succeed. The students are respectful and like to have fun. Also the teachers sometimes joins the students in the games if they have time. Other than one or two minor arguments between students, I feel very safe on campus.

Kristie

Florida Gateway College is fine for a community college. Some teachers are absolutely amazing and will work with you. Others will disappear for weeks at a time with no explanation. The students are very nice and willing to help each other out. The student success center and the student center are two great resources on campus. Also, the campus location is very strange and a little inconvenient. It is an okay college for dual enrollment and associate degree students, but beyond that, it is not worth it.

Dania

love the family atmosphere makes learning easy and fun. People can come inside and feel like a part of the group, not like most places where they are so big that you become a body and not a person, all the teachers are ready and available any time to help you.

Alyssa

Honestly, I really like Florida Gateway. I think it is a great place to get your undergraduate. They have very caring professors who always seem to help. I have not been here for a super long time, but I do recommend this college to others. Especially if you're interested in nursing or the arts!

Shelby

Florida Gateway College is the perfect home-town experience for students who do not want a big, overcrowded school. This college is small but offers numerous activities. I’m happy with my school!

Florida Gateway is a college where you can go from here and go most places. There are a few mishaps where they hire under-qualified teachers, but overall the teachers and academics are up to par. I have enjoyed my time here and it is a good school to start out with.

Anastasyia

My overall opinion of Florida Gateway College is that it's a nice school. I learn a lot whether it's in the classroom or with my adviser. There are numerous amounts of ways for help on campus. We have the Student Success Center, where you go for help on any subject. We have tutors available on campus and online. I feel motivated when I'm at school and I'm glad that I chose to come to Florida Gateway College.

Riley

Florida gateway college is an adequate school. It is a small town community college, mostly commuters. Staff is always there to help and will put in the work to make sure each student grasps material. Good place to go to school. Wish lake city was more developed but all in all if you are in the area and trying to better yourself. Gateway will help you get there.

It is a very nice community college for the basic academics. They include a helpful AA dual enrollment program for high schoolers. The campus is small but beautiful.

Meghan

This college's student body consists of more seasoned students. The younger generation's that attend the college are tending to stay online. However the Campus Activities and Student Government push really hard to bring what the students want to the college. Last year our Student Activities Board threw a party for all of the students. It was amazing. 10/10 would recommend.

Christina

Honestly, I have been to other colleges in the past. I am a transfer student. I do have to say this is the best of the colleges I have attended so far. One thing I like about Florida Gateway College is the price of tuition. It is one of the cheapest in the state of Florida. I think it's more than just the price though. I think one thing that sets them apart from other schools is that they really want their students to succeed. They have free tutoring in math and English, as well as some other courses. They also have online tutors available 24/7. Most of their classes are Monday through Thursday, so that gives you more time with your families. Last but not least, their professors are all nice, understanding, and available when you need them. Go Florida Gateway College!

Alaina

I absolutely love it there. The students and staff are super friendly and helpful. They have helped me to gain the knowledge I have today in the 2 1/2 years I have been there. I feel welcomed and safe while I am on campus and I love interacting with new people I come across.