Fort Myers, FL
Florida Gulf Coast University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Florida Gulf Coast University

damonique

Florida Gulf Coast is huge, new, interesting, caring, dunk city and im proud to say that I attend school there.

The advice i would give my high school senior self would be to apply for scholarships and grants. Even if I feel like I couldn't get them, still apply, it won't hurt to try. And also to complete my fafsa on time, not past the deadline, i missed out on some grants I could have recieved. And to come to college with a humble and open mind. And last of all Good Luck!

I wish i had known how to ask questions about things that Im not sure about. And I wish i had looked into the tuition price before i came too, it is a little pricey.

Probably it's service learning requirement and for the fact that its a "green" campus.

I would have told myself to stay at home. I moved away for a while and quit my job in order to concentrate on school. I would tell my younger self to stay at home and keep working. When I was a senior in high school I had like zero social skills. So, I would tell my younger self to be more social. I would tell my younger self to let go of negative emotions like the anger and bitterness that I felt towards my parents. I would tell myself that yeah they are flawed but they are still my parents. I would say that I am just as flawed as they are; that I need to love them unconditionally despite their faults. I would tell myself, that I need to let go of that anger in order to have meaningful realtionships with not pnly my parents but other people as well.

Anyone who lives in the southwest Florida area. Anyone in Florida (and other states) who cares about environmental stewardship.

Austin

The thing that i find unique about Florida Gulf Coast University is its learning environment. Most of the classes have small student counts which help for a better learning experience simply because it can give a student more one on one action with the professor. Another little thing that i find unique about Florida Gulf Coast is that the university is very environmentally friendly and very conservative when it comes to environmental issues.

If i could go back and give my high school self advice the first thing that i would tell myself would be to go and take the ACT test. Taking that test would have possibly helped me alot and possibly could have improved my scholarships and or money situation. Also, i would have told myself to talk to my high school wrestling coach about going off and wrestling at college somewhere out of florida simply because that was always my highschool dream. Another thing i would tell myself would be to preprare to work and study hard in college. i cant get away with not studying like i did in highschool. Lastly, i would tell myself to enjoy it because college is going to be one of the best experiences and times of my life and also not to waste any time while in college.

Before i came to Florida Gulf Coast University I wish i had known the cost of books and classes and also the amount of scholarships that are available for me to apply to. Knowing that would most likely have made my money situation alot easier the past two years.

Doshenae

If I could go back in time I would definitely have told myself to learn how to cook! and also applied for more scholarships. Those are the biggest hardships about being in college. Having finacies to live off of throughout the time you are on campus and also figuring out what you are going to eat on a regular bases. Once you leave home you notice how easy it was to just have mom or dad to give you money and cook for you all the time. I should have prepared for that ahead of time. Also it is harder to work and be in college all at the same time. There is way more homework and studying than in high school and having a job can really take away from that. I wold have told myself to save up more money and apply for as many scholarships as possible to live off us through the time im at school. That would have made my college experince way easier.

I wish I would have known that south Village is the best place to meet new incoming freshman's. I would have not applied for upper classman dorms if i knew that. I would have benefitted way more there.

The only frustrating thing about FGCU is the service learning hours students have to complete in order to graduate. Every students has to complete 50 hours and as a freshman you do not know where to go to get those hours. They arent hours like going to volunteer at a hospital, they are hours given by certian events or something on the university campus.

Kera

In one sentence, I would describe my classmates as focused, hard-working and goal-oriented.

If I could give my high school senior self any advice, I would definitely tell myself that the workload only gets harder. I had heard plenty of that from my teachers during high school but I did not believe that it would my first year.

Whenever I get the chance to brag about Florida Gulf Coast University, I initially brag about the university's connection to wildlife. I especially brag about a little gator that lives in the lake in front of the freshman dining hall, Charlie.

Noemi

Florida Gulf Coast University is a transition school, it's big enough to feel like college, but doesnt have the feel of a university.

If I could go back, and talk to myself as a senior, i would have to tell myself to really stay focused and not settle for anything but the best. After going to college no one will be there to make us do our work, you have to have your own source of motivation to do the best you can in every class. Unlike high school, education is no longer free, and should definately be taken seriously. Skipping a class, not doing homework, or just not putting in the study time can easily be detrimental to your grade, and all the work that was actually put into the class can go to waste, along with the money you or your parents had put into it. college is something that needs to be taken serious, just like a job, waking up to go to class is work.

From my experience, the people that have the best experience are those who are the more quiet type that dont like to party, or people that live close that know the area very well. it is not the best place for an out of state student looking to explore.

I would let myself know that education is the most important thing at this point in time and stress heavily on the fact to study, study, study! I would also mention to my highschool senior self, to ensure that I do my best in everything I do, even every single assignment needs to have my best effort. Lastly I would tell myself to relax, and to take time to let my brain recover to be able to remain strong and able for the education that lies ahead of me in the future.

Joseph

I would tell myself to really set my mind to getting all the education I need. I graduated high school in just three years. I would gladly go back and tell myself to stay for the full four years and get all the education I possibly can.

Anyone looking for a tidy/small school.

Conner

Being in college is a completely different story then high school. When people used to say trust me it is a lot different and you cant just slide by, i didnt trust them nor listen. Now that i have been through a semester in college i know i should've listened. Not only is the work load a lot different but everything is like a new world. Your not really around your good friends and teachers don't care as much as they did in high school. They dont hold your hand and give you make up dates or drop grades, they give a lecture and expect the work to be done. If the work isnt done they dont get worried about it the only person your hurting is yourself. So my advice to myself would be to buckle down and expect a lot of work. Do not brush off work or procrastinate. Establish a name for yourself and dont be another face in the crowd because that degree is everything now and you cannot do much in life without it.

Florida Gulf Coast University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.