Fort Myers, FL
Florida Gulf Coast University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Florida Gulf Coast University

I would let myself know that education is the most important thing at this point in time and stress heavily on the fact to study, study, study! I would also mention to my highschool senior self, to ensure that I do my best in everything I do, even every single assignment needs to have my best effort. Lastly I would tell myself to relax, and to take time to let my brain recover to be able to remain strong and able for the education that lies ahead of me in the future.

Joseph

I would tell myself to really set my mind to getting all the education I need. I graduated high school in just three years. I would gladly go back and tell myself to stay for the full four years and get all the education I possibly can.

Anyone looking for a tidy/small school.

Conner

Being in college is a completely different story then high school. When people used to say trust me it is a lot different and you cant just slide by, i didnt trust them nor listen. Now that i have been through a semester in college i know i should've listened. Not only is the work load a lot different but everything is like a new world. Your not really around your good friends and teachers don't care as much as they did in high school. They dont hold your hand and give you make up dates or drop grades, they give a lecture and expect the work to be done. If the work isnt done they dont get worried about it the only person your hurting is yourself. So my advice to myself would be to buckle down and expect a lot of work. Do not brush off work or procrastinate. Establish a name for yourself and dont be another face in the crowd because that degree is everything now and you cannot do much in life without it.

Shannon

Don't stress out about making new friends because every freshman is in the same boat and everyone is eager to meet new people. Take advantage of every free meal you can and dont forget to keep track of your expenses. Crazy college weekends have a way of sneaking up on your bank account and shrinking it without you realizing. Dont wait until the last day of the week to do all your homework because its a huge stressor and on the night you decide to do it all there always ends up being something exciting going on that you wont be able to go to. Use the tutors and form sudy groups. Asking for extra help doesnt make you less smart... it gives you a one up on the rest of your classmates. Dont forget to live it up! Study and work hard during the week so you can kick back and enjoy life on the weekends. College is the hardest but most exciting and fun chapter of your life. Dont let a day pass by that you will regret. Try new things, meet new people and explore who you really are and who you want to become.

Everyone should attend. Its not too big but not too small. Its extremely eco friendly and eco concious so if you are really into being "green" this is a great school for you.

There isnt any type of person that shouldnt attend FGCU. There are all walks of life there. Maybe if you are really big into football you should not attend because FGCU does not have football but they do have plenty of other sports.

Kellie

Take the chance the first time, instead of being afraid. Go away from home, don't stay close because you will regret losing a year of valuable college time. Sometimes changes mean giving up something, but it doesn't have too. You can still do what you love, you will just have to find a new way to do it. If you stay because you are worried about being so far from anyone you know, realize that you will meet new, valuable friends. Also, realize that going far away is actually the best decision because it will force you to put yourself into more clubs, and to get out of your dorm more. Leaving your family behind is hard, and going to a school out of state may be costly, however go to where you want to go and do what you want to do. When you have a job in the future doing what you love, you will be happier that you went where you wanted instead of where was cheaper. Don't let your anxiety get to you, try to keep calm even in stressful situations.

Environment friendly. Someone who is willing to learn in a multitude of ways. Someone who wants a dorm to live in, while having their own space. Someone who is studious and studies hard. Someone who is school spirited, and enjoys schooled functioned events.

A person that slacks off and doesn't try hard in school. A person that only wants a party school, or doesn't socialize.

Florida Gulf Coast University is a school centered around being "green" and is one of the most enviromentally friendly schools in Florida.

You get to know the people in your classes pretty well because of how small the classes are.

I would tell myself that studying is a key part in college. I might have a little higher of a GPA if I took the studying a little more seriously. College is a lot different than high school in what you are responsible for. Yeah you get the freedom but with that comes responsiblity. College is a place to have fun but there it is also a place to get serious and start learning about your life. I hope to continue on with my journey in college and have the time of my life!

Melissa

If I could go back to my high school senior self, I would tell her to relax. Yes, the college transition can be hetic at times, but it is nothing that she can't handle. You just have to pace yourself and know that you are more then a test score. I know I got consumed by the thought that I wouldn't be able to attend college if my scores didn't get higher. Colleges look at you as whole, not just a number. Get involved in clubs, church or sports. Colleges want a well rounded person. Other than that, you will do great, just remember to BREATHE!

There isn't one type of person who fits this school exactly. I find that any students who wants to take studies seriously and has an apperication for the environment would fit here greatly, since our campus is so green orientated.

I don't believe its just my school in general but all colleges, that smoking is allowed on campus. Personally, I find it a health hazard to all the students and faculty around.

Nadina

I would say to myself: "You must start applying for more scholarships and grants, as well as looking for a part-time job, it will make it so much less stressful for you and your family and you will not be upset when they worry about money because though it is not easy to get scholarships amd jobs, the more you try the better you will be. Also do not leave your homework to the last minute, staying ahead with your homework and getting it done when it is assigned will create a much less stressful time and allow you to just relax and be happy. Finally, join a sports club (swimming if there is) because it will make you feel better physically and emotionally and it will give you friends, as will joining other clubs. I know you will live at home, but it is still important to get involved even if your schedule does not have you on campus so much, find at least a few things to do."

Someone who wants to have a diverse and unique learning experience. Someone who doesn't mind an environmental focus and a school that is very into interacting and helping in the community. It is a great school for education majors, and there are many other great majors too. It is somewhat quiet of a campus but there is more and more going on and there is always something to do if you look for it.

The atmosphere, everyone is very friendly and welcoming, we have great nature on campus with lots of protected land, trails, and wildlife including gators and racoons. It's located not too far from the beaches, but far enough away that it is not on your doorstep (though there is a lake-front beach in the North Housing complex). The facilities are great and with the group study rooms now needing to be "checked out" it makes finding somewhere to study much easier.

Davita

Florida Gulf Coast is a beautiful campus with a friendly educational environment.

I would like to tell myself that I will actually have to study in college, unlike I did in high school. This way I would have proper study skills and not worry the night before an exam. Studying is an essential skill needed in college, and it is needed to pass unlike highschool, where I was able tro get by with almost no studying and keep my B average.

The long walk from campus housing to main campus where classes are!

Florida Gulf Coast University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.