Florida Gulf Coast University Top Questions

it's small enough to do well and has all majors.

The thing that i find unique about Florida Gulf Coast University is its learning environment. Most of the classes have small student counts which help for a better learning experience simply because it can give a student more one on one action with the professor. Another little thing that i find unique about Florida Gulf Coast is that the university is very environmentally friendly and very conservative when it comes to environmental issues.

Paula

What's unique about my school is that its located right next the Everglades which means that were surrounded by woods and get visited by different animals. Its also unique because our buildings are solar powered.

Daniela

I think our college is unique because walking down the hallways, you will see so many students who are wearing Florida Gulf Coast University shirts, sweaters, hats, notebooks, backpacks, and everything you can think of with our school's logo. It makes me so glad to see that so many people have great school spirit and that we are supporting each other. Maybe some people never get to have that feeling of being at home when they are actually at home with their own families, but being at our college makes everyone feel like we all care about each other.

It is practicing green values. For example, The school built a solar panal area in front of the school so we can conserve power and use the sun as a primary resource for energy. FGCU also requires students to take a Colloquium course in which students are introduced to the outdoors and nature of Florida.

The school is very focused on preseving the various wetlands surrounding the campus. This school also constantly encourages students to become involved in extra circular activities.

patricia

It is very close to the beach, very green friendly too! I also love how all of the campus housing is very close to school and anything else you could need is close too.

Cheyney

To me, a school needs to be a very charming place. It needs to be a place to get comfortable and relate with the surroundings. For many, the best way to be community-like is to go to a private school. For me, private tuition was not an option. So, I had to find a place, small enough and personable enough that I could truly get to know everyone and everything around me. That is what I love about FGCU. It is small enough that everyone knows your name and even the teachers know who you are.

It has the benefits of a small private school with the price of a state school. It is in a very nice city, and relatively close to the beach. Anything you could possibly want off campus is very close to campus.

Most, if not all, of the classes are about 30 students and that lets the students get to better know the teachers and able to get needed help if necessary. I think this sets it apart from other universities because it makes the college experience more personal and I think it sets the student up for success.

Elliott

Located in sunny Southwest Florida, Florida Gulf Coast University with just over 10,000 students enrolled allows scholars the capability to become involved in campus life while still offering the electric atmosphere of a large-scale state university, FGCU explores all aspects of student life. Offering intramural sports, student government and organization opportunities unparalleled, as well as Division I athletics, FGCU, I felt, stressed individualism, all the while offering the opportunity to contribute collectivelly. Also, FGCU educates a different type of student, teaching students "sustainability with respect to environmental, social, ethical, historical, scientific, economic, and political influences". Go Eagles!

Jermaine

Its close by

FGCU is very focused on uniting the school so that we all feel comfortable and welcome and like we belong. Also they are very environmentally active. They focus on keeping the campus green and having their students active in community service.

We have a beach on campus.

Malika

The dorms are apratment style compared to many other university where students share bedroom space.

Ashlie

There is really nothing unique about my school.

Florida Gulf Coast is a safe, secluded campus with so much surrounding it. It has excellent student housing, with the chance of your own room. The class sizes are small for the most part, which makes it easier to participate in class discussions. The school is in a calm area, but there are also many activities to take part in, such as going to the nearby beaches or serving at the local soup kitchen. There are parks nearby for weekend fun and the shopping centers provide movie theaters, restaurants, and many job opportunities.

Taunesha

My school was a fully apartment style campus until this year where they added freshmen dorms, however they still have their own rooms.

Kastania

The most unique thing about Florida Gulf Coast University has to be its campus and lifestlye. My school does everything possible to go "green" and is progressing the movement of an eco-friendly society. The campus housing can be easily mistaken for a vacation resort because of the private beach, waterfront activities such as: wakeboarding, kayaking, tubing, etc, the palm trees and warm temperature year round. We have a very sociable group of students that are very active in the community and the students are required 60 hrs of community service before graduation. Overall, FGCU is an amazing experience.

Great environment

I love the location of the town that my school is in, I've seen it grow in the last few years that I've attended class here and it has been amazing the growth the town has accomplised.

steven

very, great colllection of people from all over the coutry. we are enviro focused which is great

Arley

This school is much more student oriented than other schools, although they do not really advertise it. Many more opportunities and great teachers that really enjoy their field of study and want to build interest in the students.

The campus is very beautiful and the area surrounding the school is always changing and growing. Since it is a relatively new school you have a chance to be a part of creating new programs.

lashim

It is small and has trees

Small classes

it is a much smaller school than what i was considering

Marta

What is unique about the school is that it is the newest in Florida and is considered to be up and coming but in certain majors the growing pains are more evident than others. The school is also very focused on being green and that is important in todays times.