Florida Gulf Coast University

« See more reviews of Florida Gulf Coast University

The kind of person that should attend Florida Gulf Coast University is someone who is down to Earth and enjoys the outoors. Conservation is a large part of the school and campus. There are many nature trails and outdoor seating areas to do school work or just hang out with friends. Also, the person should really enjoy men's basketball. We are known as "Dunk City" due to our team. Our other sports are great aswell, including volleyball, ice hockey, and soccer. They should also gravitate towards smaller class sizes. The largest lecture hall seats only 180 students.

If you are going to attend the school, then you need to like smaller classes where teachers know your name. Granted, in some of the genreal education courses, lectures can hit 200 students, the vast majority of classes are much smaller which means more group discussion. Also, if you are looking into FGCU, then you need to understand there isn't too much night life on campus, or even near campus. If you want more partying during your college experience, FGCU may not be right for you. If you are environmentally aware, you will like the campus and its goals.

A person who is not wanting the typical college party scene should attend FGCU. While there are parties all of the time at the University I don't believe it is as bad as some of the other Florida universities. Someone who is wanting a good college experience with personal relationships with their professors should attend FGCU. They should want to be in a smaller town atmosphere loving the outdoors. We are centered in the middle of the everglades close to the beach. It is the perfect location for someone who wants it quieter than a typical university.

This university is perfect for those who wish to attend a school with small class sizes, a relaxing environment, and who wish to know they are making a difference in their community while earning their degree. FGCU is just minutes away from Florida's gulf beaches, making this a tropical getaway any day it is desired. Stress is not in the vocabulary of the students at this school as the environment is so relaxed. But at the same time, the faculty takes everyone's education seriously and they will make sure everyone is on track and staying focused.

Someone who is going to attend FGCU needs to have good time management and discipline. It is very tempting to just go out and enjoy the sun when you have a lot of studying to do. If you have good these qualities and you know how to prioritize, it would be a great fit! The classes are challenging, but if you simply apply yourself and are willing to go in for help, a good GPA is definitely achievable. A prospective student should also like to be involved because there are endless activities and leadership opportunities to be a part of.

The person to attend this school is one that is ready to take on a lot of challenges that will come from within the university and in Fort Myers itself. Florida Gulf Coast University has high academic standards, so studying and passing all the exams is essential, if you are not the studying type, then don't apply to this school. Well paying jobs are far and few, so have work skills ready! There is not a lot to do around town, so if you are a city person, I suggest you scratch this school off your list.

This school needs someone who is open minded, ready to try new things, and active. There are so many clubs and programs to choose from on campus and very few people actually take advantage of them. It is a new school with very nice recreational facilities like a weight room, basketball volley ball and tennis courts, along with an array of water activities. An outgoing individual could utilize all of these things and meet fellow students outside of the classroom environment.

Florida Gulf Coast University is a school with a very diverse student body. Students from all over the world in different cultures are encouraged to attend. If you are a hard worker and a determined student then getting a diploma at Florida Gulf Coast is for you. Along with school work, any student that wants to get involved in clubs, organizations, and sports would fit in and have the best college experience.

The kind of person that should attend Florida Gulf Coast University are students who are hoping for a bright future. FGCU guarantees a job after the majority of the majors available here. If you love a community where everyone knows almost everyone and everything is around the area that you need, FGCU is right for you.

All kinds of people would love this school. There is a little bit of everything here for any personality type. The school is close to shopping and dining, while also having a lake for the outdoors-lovers. The school maintains an academic focus without being boring.