Florida Gulf Coast University Top Questions

Petra

The most frustrating thing about my school is its location. Fort Myers is known as a retirement city. Older people are everywhere! This means that clubs are nonexistent and bar music is older than me. Therefore, fun is very hard to find. Also, Fort Myers is a hot destination for snow birds. It’s a great tourist site for many people but for the people that live there it can a drag. While its cool and interesting to meet new people, it takes away from the home and community feeling of college.

Dominic

We don't have a football team so on Saturdays us students have to find something else to do.

If I had to choose something that was frustrating about Florida Gulf Coast University, I would have to say it would be how quickly the classes fill to capacity when signing up for courses online. It is very difficult to sign up for certain courses because they are always booked at a very rapid pace.

Doshenae

The only frustrating thing about FGCU is the service learning hours students have to complete in order to graduate. Every students has to complete 50 hours and as a freshman you do not know where to go to get those hours. They arent hours like going to volunteer at a hospital, they are hours given by certian events or something on the university campus.

Sherelle

The parking, and heat.

Melissa

I don't believe its just my school in general but all colleges, that smoking is allowed on campus. Personally, I find it a health hazard to all the students and faculty around.

Davita

The long walk from campus housing to main campus where classes are!

Angela

The most frustrating thing about Florida Gulf Coast University is the community service hours we have to do before we graduate. I absolutely love volunteering, but the places that I do volunteer do not count as hours for community service. The school wants hours from only certain places which can be frusterating because I am spending my time helping another organization and not the ones they prefer.

It seems like they're more interested in making the student population larger and building new buildings in order to get a football team rather than their students education.

Jeanne

The most frustrating thing about my school is how some of the faculty treat the students. They do not respond to emails, criticize for no reason and some are unwilling to help students succeed.

Nicholos

sometimes there isn't enough parking on campus.

Sara

When you are a new student and are lost on campus.

Jessie

Nothing really. I guess if anything at all it would be the parking.

Carter

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is fairly new and still working out the kinks in the system. I sometimes wish that I went to a bigger school, but then again I like being a name and not a number.

Cheyney

Although, FGCU is small and is a forming community it is missing one thing- FOOTBALL. As the school is growing it is becoming less and less a small commuter-like school and more like the four year university that is truly is. If we had football at our school the school spirit in the community would grow to a tremendous number. I feel like, currently, when I walk through the town FGCU is barely known. But, with a football team it would bring the entire community together as a whole and provide for more community support.

Erin

I am currently very happy with my university. Its located in a beautiful and warm state close to a number of shopping centers with anything a student could every need and enough off the beaten path to be safe. The class size is perfect and it allows you to get to know the teacher and makes it very accessible to get extra help if needed. I love everything about FGCU.

Kiehl

Getting extra time with proffesors

Sara

The most frustrating thing about FGCU is that it is so far away from my home. I live in Matlacha, 36.8 miles from FGCU, and have to drive 73.6 miles four days a week.

Nola

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking situation. They have just built a new parking garage though, which does make it better.

Caitlin

There aren't enough times for certain core curriculum classes. They tend to conflict with each other and you're forced to make a decision about which one is more important.

Santiago

The lack of student school spirit and positive moral toward the school.

Chelsea

n/a

lashim

paying for classes