Florida Gulf Coast University Top Questions

Corey

FGCU is a welcoming atmosphere for any potential college student who wants to get a successful education. From the beautiful campus to the helpful and knowledged teachers, there are so many positive aspects of the school. Many of the teachers are willing to put any amount of time to help students succeed.

Alvin

Dorms allow for private bedrooms. Moderate size college, small classes. Campus is nearly brand new. 3 malls/shopping centers very close by and the beach!

Charlotte

I think the size of the school is what's best. I like that I have smaller class sizes. It makes it easier to concentrate in class and also makes one on one time with the professor more easily achievable.

Everyone there is awesome and very friendly. The advisors and teachers are awesome and very down to earth and easy to talk to .

Serena

The best feature of my school is is how ecologically friendly it is. There are also spots on campus that are not to be built on or used for anything other than observing. Florida Gulf Coast University is a beautiful campus. Another thing I love about this school is the fact that they excell in almost all of there athletics. I enjoy watching there games and viewing there anticipation.

Juliana

I love the small size of FGCU. I have only one class that is large all of my other classes have no more than 30 people in them which I find very appealing. I like the fact that most of my professors know me by name because our classes are smaller.

There are so many things that I love about Florida Gulf Coast University. The dorms are great, the surrounding area is amazing and has everything you need from food to shoes, and the lake behind the dorms is so much fun. But if I had to pick one thing it would be the professors here. They really are very brilliant and engaging. I haven't had one teacher who I have disliked so far. All of them seem to actually care about the students and want them to succeed.

Dianna

The location, the adminitrative staff is incredibly helpful and there are a lot of options available for degrees. The school offers a wellness center, student counciling and help with acedemics through tutors and writing help.

Eden

The best thing about my school is the size. The campus is very large, yet the class sizes are very reasonable. If I am able to walk into a class and have a professor address me by my first name, then I believe my university is on the right track.

Andie

In my opinion, the best thing about my school is the "outdoorsy" quality. The campus is beautiful and eco-friendly and is seperated from the on-campus housing my fields and trees. The housing complex that I currently live in surrounds a lake with a beach around it and you can often encounter wildlife from crayfish and rabbits to the more rare sightings such as foxes and eagles. The school is in the perfect setting, that to me can be best described as paradise.

david

proximity to home

Breanna

It's not too big or too small, and it's easy to find your way around. The buildings, classrooms, and even the outdoors areas are all clean and tidy. Most of the professors are really great and willing to provide help both in and out of the classroom, and most of the professors I have had so far have remembered their students names.

There are pleanty of events and clubs and activities that students can get involved with. It allows students to meet new people and get involved with other students and usually make new friends. Teachers are usually available and want to help students out. There is a good source of help from the faculty and a good social scene.

Felicia

The fact that it is so small and they have great learning facilities. They also have great dorms that is different from everybody's else's school. they also have a lot of clubs and intramural sports to do including a few Sororities and Fraternaties

corinne

i think the best thing about FGCU is it's size. it works very well for students like me who rather have a personal connection with faculty and professors.

The best thing about my school is the facilities and the teaching staff.

The scenery. I'm a biology major. Other than that, the dorms are nice, but that's it.

The dorms are really nice!

Nola

THe best thing about my school is the size of it. It is easy to navigate and has everything you need.

Kristy

Great smaller university. Personal environment with more accessiblity to professors.

The class sizes and teachers are great. I love my clinical sites as well in the surrounding areas. I alos love that the school is so close to the beach and the dorms even have their own lake that looks like a beach for all sorts of water activities.

The best thing about FGCU is the size. I came to this school because i did not want to be in a lecture hall with 500 students for every class that i took. The biggest class size i have had was 100 in a smaller size lecture hall where we were able to still have class discussions. I did not want to get lost in the crowd. I love Florida Gulf Coast University for the personal one-on-one attention that I receive from the professors and staff at the school. The small college atmostphere is the best thing!

Eryn

The smaller class sizes as well as the library study areas and other places to hang out are very nicely designed for a college student.

Because the school is new, the professors are mostly young, vibrant, and excited about their fields. The professors extend their excitement for the material onto their students. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my classes at FGCU and that is almost entirely due to the professors and their love for teaching the subject that they fell in love with.

My favorite thing about FGCU is it's small school feel but with a growing population, change is very important and the campus is always changing. What I also like about this change is that there are environmental factors in consideration. The school acutally cares about it's local environment and tries to impact it for the better.

Small class sizes allow personable experiences with teachers and classmates. We are considered a medium - large sized school population-wise but there are only 2 classrooms that seat more than 90 students.