Florida Gulf Coast University

« See more reviews of Florida Gulf Coast University

The best thing about FGCU is the size. I came to this school because i did not want to be in a lecture hall with 500 students for every class that i took. The biggest class size i have had was 100 in a smaller size lecture hall where we were able to still have class discussions. I did not want to get lost in the crowd. I love Florida Gulf Coast University for the personal one-on-one attention that I receive from the professors and staff at the school. The small college atmostphere is the best thing!

In my opinion, the best thing about my school is the "outdoorsy" quality. The campus is beautiful and eco-friendly and is seperated from the on-campus housing my fields and trees. The housing complex that I currently live in surrounds a lake with a beach around it and you can often encounter wildlife from crayfish and rabbits to the more rare sightings such as foxes and eagles. The school is in the perfect setting, that to me can be best described as paradise.

There are so many things that I love about Florida Gulf Coast University. The dorms are great, the surrounding area is amazing and has everything you need from food to shoes, and the lake behind the dorms is so much fun. But if I had to pick one thing it would be the professors here. They really are very brilliant and engaging. I haven't had one teacher who I have disliked so far. All of them seem to actually care about the students and want them to succeed.

The best feature of my school is is how ecologically friendly it is. There are also spots on campus that are not to be built on or used for anything other than observing. Florida Gulf Coast University is a beautiful campus. Another thing I love about this school is the fact that they excell in almost all of there athletics. I enjoy watching there games and viewing there anticipation.

Because the school is new, the professors are mostly young, vibrant, and excited about their fields. The professors extend their excitement for the material onto their students. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my classes at FGCU and that is almost entirely due to the professors and their love for teaching the subject that they fell in love with.

It's not too big or too small, and it's easy to find your way around. The buildings, classrooms, and even the outdoors areas are all clean and tidy. Most of the professors are really great and willing to provide help both in and out of the classroom, and most of the professors I have had so far have remembered their students names.

My favorite thing about FGCU is it's small school feel but with a growing population, change is very important and the campus is always changing. What I also like about this change is that there are environmental factors in consideration. The school acutally cares about it's local environment and tries to impact it for the better.

There are pleanty of events and clubs and activities that students can get involved with. It allows students to meet new people and get involved with other students and usually make new friends. Teachers are usually available and want to help students out. There is a good source of help from the faculty and a good social scene.

FGCU is a welcoming atmosphere for any potential college student who wants to get a successful education. From the beautiful campus to the helpful and knowledged teachers, there are so many positive aspects of the school. Many of the teachers are willing to put any amount of time to help students succeed.

The class sizes and teachers are great. I love my clinical sites as well in the surrounding areas. I alos love that the school is so close to the beach and the dorms even have their own lake that looks like a beach for all sorts of water activities.