Florida International University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Florida International University

Tatiana

It's a big school, with a lot to do. They focus a lot on hospitality, engineering, STEM, and Architecture. The school is also big on football, but not many other sports. Although it is a commuter school, the dorms aren't bad, however they do not cater much to students living on campus. They do try, but it isn't enough.

linda

Florida International University is a great university that allows students to have the "campus experience" during the undergraduate years. From joining Greek life to living in the dorms and participating in various activities in between classes and after, the university has a great environment that promotes learning and forming good and lasting relationships.

brenda

I love everything that Florida International university has to offer the campus is beautiful , I could spend all my time at the campus its amazing .It has so much to offer and their are so many different things to do and join .The library is one of my favorite areas as it feels as I am in a bubble were no one will bother me and I can dedicate all my time to studying and doing homework

Sabha

An excellent public university, with a diverse faculty, student body, and curriculum. And it is in the heart of Miami so it is a perfect location to connect with jobs or just to have a college experience. They offer a variety of benefits and help to students in need and never leave anyone behind. If you want to study it they most likely have it or can cater something for you. They are truly an international university.

Gia

FIU actually is a really good college. The university itself is beautiful and well-taken care of. The staff is very comprehensive and supportive, they're always trying their best to help. Overall, I would say it's a great experience to go to FIU and I'm glad I made that choice.

Courtney

I believe the school has some potential but falls short due to being a mostly commuter based school. If you’re looking for a typical college experience you might not find it here. However it is a great choice if you’re a local student trying to save money while getting an education.

jaqueline

As an alumni of Florida International University as well as a current student, I am completely satisfied with my experience at FIU. From the return on investment to the beautiful campus and engaging classroom experience, I believe that FIU provides the full package for a college education.

Jordan

I feel that FIU is a great university that's very diverse tries to be very inclusive. The professors at least the ones have and had are also great and very accommodating to students, the classes are also good too FIU offers a great variety of classes that have vary degrees of difficulty.

Nicolas

I absolutely love the professors and staff, FIU has done a great job in finding professors that work in the field that they are teaching; in addition, professors that actually want to guide and teach students.

Bailie

My overall opinion is that the campus is somewhat boring during the spring semester and they save everything for the fall. The food is alright but there are plenty of other options that you would have to pay for. The activities that are on campus aren't known and are hard to find and join.

Maria

FIU is a wonderful university with so manu opportunities to grow, both as a person and as a student. There are TONS of organizations and clubs to join, for people from all walks of life. There is never a day where I feel left out or ostracized. Everyone fits in! I love the school.

katja

Florida International Univerisity is a great place for students to learn and get involved. There are many majors and programs to choose from, tons of clubs, and a variety of extracurricular activities to take part in. There are also many opportunities for students to broaden their horizons and try something new!

Dariana

I really like this college. It's very modern and they always listen the students' opinions and try to help and accommodate us as much as possible. They also have many facilities and restaurants available for the students at any time so finding good food on campus is never an issue. The professors are very helpful and talented in their field so you always leave a lecture with an open mind. Also, the administration and the advisor are very accessible and they always make sure they are doing their best to help you be successful in your path. I love my experience at FIU.

Camila

It's a great school, but it does have its limitations. I wish they offered more classes (either night classes or online) and more financial aid for their students. Otherwise, many of their professors are amazing, and I enjoy class a lot; especially the journalism ones.

Rashawn

Florida International University is an amazing place of higher education, it offers a wide variety of degrees, certificates, and areas of study. There are several different organizations to join. Staff and faculty are highly supportive. Housing is also stupendous. It is simply a fantastic institution.

Even though I am just a freshman, I can already see the pros and cons of attending Florida International University. The school is well organized and clean; I enjoy walking around campus and not seeing trash thrown around. The campus itself is aesthetically pleasing, sporting some interesting architecture. Although I do not live on campus, the dorm facilities look well managed and clean as well. The professors are friendly and professional, and are willing to speak with you if you have a question about their course. If you are not doing well in a class, FIU has numerous resources to help its students succeed and thrive. However, a balanced review must also include the negative aspects of the school. Most, if not all, on campus eating options are on the more expensive side, not really catering to the price range the average college student can afford. Since FIU is such a large university, classes are often very full. For those who enjoy smaller, more intimate classroom environments, FIU may not be the ideal option. Overall, Florida International University is a great school located in the heart of Miami's "calle ocho" and offers a chance at a decent education with a beautiful campus.

Regina

Centered in the hub of Miami, Florida- Florida International University is a safe, and learning haven for everyone. No matter how close or how far you are from, F.I.U is a home for everyone. F.I.U has many, many different kinds of majors and minors for anyone who is still 'on the fence' of what they decide to do. With the amazing help of dedicated staff members and peer mentors, you will sure to find your calling here. There is many places to eat, and socialize with your friends as well as quiet and peaceful places to study and unwind from a long day of class and exams. F.I.U is dedicated to promote safety for all its students, and as well as hosts many major events such as 'F.I.U Summerfest' (check it out it's like a big techno party) and don't forget football games, too! Florida International University is my home, as well as other peoples' home. Become a Panther and check out what the huge buzz (or should I say 'Roar' because we are Panthers?) is about.

Steve

FIU overall is great. The constant activities that has most students involved are always entertaining and they do also provide some information that can be of great value to all the students that do attend these events. I honestly, do attend these activities and it is always a good way to talk to people and get involved into the clubs that they have here. The people that make these events are also students themselves so it can be easy to communicate with them and there are possibilities that you could get opportunities to work as those same students. This is like one of the important details of being FIU.

Tamara

FIU is a great school. This has only been my first semester but I love it so far! The classes are pretty big (on average 400 students) for the core classes, but once they are more specialized they shrink down to a more manageable size (no more than 100).

Brandon

It is a Very good school. There are a lot of opportunities for students to do whatever their career path requires. It is a very diverse school that is accepting of all cultures. Students have many opportunities to have also, it is not just about the school work here.

Landy

After during my research for each colleges that’s only located in Florida, I came to a conclusion that Florida International University is best fitted for me. It’s very diverse which is filled with several opportunities. Florida International University is my dream school. Everything that is provided is to my liking. I encourage future student to visit and hopeful be part of the panther family.

Amber

It’s amazing!

Alexis

Florida International University is a campus worth experiencing. With a collaboration of diverse individuals and a variety of ways in which we can come together and connect our cultures. Being able to meet so many individuals and hear about their own cultures is one of the many factors of FIU that makes it so outstanding. Not only are there a variety of culture, but there are a variety of ways in which one can interact on campus. From sorority’s to fraternity’s to club involvement, FIU makes sure there is no way one can be left out of that college experience. Academics is a priority, without a doubt, and FIU assures that with their plentiful options of tutoring, learning center facilities, and study room availabilities. Giving many options for one to focus on excelling in their academics and giving their all into succeeding, FIU focuses on the success of students as being a priority before all extracurricular activities or outdoor occupations, which gives the students that much more of a push and motivation to want to succeed and reach their goal in either passing a specific course or graduating with a bachelor’s degree. Since Florida International University is such a worldwide phenomenon, it is found captivating for many students even out of the country. This large outreach from its excellence in academics and popularity, one downfall that FIU has is that since it is so largely diverse, it can be too large at times. Everywhere I go on campus and every day I attend my classes, I see new faces. This can be a positive thing, but also a negative one because it does not allow for one to grow comfortability with interactions since you may never know when you will see the individual again. Its diversity is a pro, but it can also be viewed as a con for one who is not as flamboyant and open to being interactive.

Angela

FIU is a unique and diverse campus when It comes to its student population. It is a welcoming environment that allows any new student to feel at home and have Panther pride. FIU has continued to improve its innovation in and outside of the classroom. FIU is the place to be because we have hope, knowledge, and opportunity!

It's a good school with a large student body and very large campus with several colleges (law, medicine, social work, nursing, etc.). There are plenty of ways to get involved on campus either Greek life, volunteer clubs, pre-professional clubs, and creative arts clubs. Most professors are approachable and want to help you succeed. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone that is looking to advance their career (at an affordable price) and network with other students/staff/faculty.

Yasmin

I'm very happy at this school

Eithner

This school is overall pretty good. I love the environment and most of the people are friendly.

Amy

Overall, I think that Florida International University is an incredible establishment. There are fair and equal opportunities for every student to participate in whatever they want to, whether it be campus events, or joining organizations. I feel extremely safe while on campus, and the resources available are extremely useful for a variety of reasons. The majority of the professors at FIU are incredible and are very passionate about the subject they are teaching.

Alexandra

I like the school so far but certain professors and advisors need to be reevaluated due to the fact that I am about to graduate and my advisor gave me misleading information as to a lot of the courses I needed to take and professors are no help either, have heard the same complaints form a lot of my peers so I know I'm not the only one.

Ariadna

There are so many services on campus that are available to students like reiki and free massages. There is always an event where they give out free shirts and even FOOD. The people and culture at FIU is really nice and everyone is so involved in different organizations. P

Being a campus visitor to Florida International University after attending for the complete summer is an amazing experience. As an intern, I was taught many things as a student and as a part of the staff of the office. It is an amazing environment filled with intellectual people and delicious food!

Morgan

Florida International University is an amazing college when it comes to academics, the amount of resources that are provided are great, sometimes the professor may fall short due to many different reasons. There is usually help with anything a student may need and the campus is mostly friendly. The school may need to fix certain things but other wise the school is doing amazing and I am happy to attend FIU

Florida International University lives up to its name, "International". There are many students from across the world who come to get an education. This school is very well diverse that you will see new faces everyday. There are many extracurricular activities that students can join, meet new people, and make changes for the better of our community. There is a variety of food options on campus so students can take a quick break during classes and study times.

Mikaela

I think Florida International University has become well established in a short period of time. I think there are area where they can grow, but they have succeeded as a public institution in various outlets. I think campus life is where FIU is the weakest, and I think they should work on fostering a greater sense of school spirit.

I love FIU. There is so much diversity and something for everyone. Classes are nice and most instructors are very reasonable and helpful to their students. the campus is beautiful and we are a short distance from the heart of Miami, the beaches, and festivities.

Namara

The campus is very diverse, making the students very friendly and open to each other's cultures. There are a lot of ways students can be active on campus.

Kaylynn

I absolutely adore this school. I am a transfer student, and I am thankful everyday for making a change to FIU. I am learning so much in my field, and the school workers are such a big help in benefiting you for your future. I will be extremely happy with my degree from FIU. Go Panthers!

Jessenya

In love! From when you begin an application, to finally seeing the campus in person, you feel welcomed and feel like such a great impact to the community. There is so much to do and there is help at every corner either in person or even on-line! There are so many clubs, recreational activities, sports, and events where everyone can participate and give back to †he community as well as express among the alumni and staff.

I love Florida International University! They do a great job in attempting to involve all of the students. They have many events and a lot of Greek life opportunities. There is also alot of spirit when it comes to athletics. I am proud to be a Golden Panther and be apart of the Golden Dazzler Dance Team!

Latanya

Overall good school

Kennya

The college is a nice environment , kind of looking like its own little town. It's neat and clean and classrooms look like good learning environments.

Dulange

Florida International University, by far, is decent. I am impressed that I have a success coach and this is something quite new to me. However, my point of view is one of an online student and not of one that goes on campus. By the way, taking online classes is half and half. And yes there are times where I am confused by FIU's online system. Very confused.

Rebecca

I really do love FIU. Although I am only just a freshman, I enjoy the atmosphere and diversity included in the school. I also enjoy the activities and positions they offer at FIU that helps you grow not only as a student, but also as a person. FIU also has the materials and offices to help you succeed. They make sure no student gets left behind.

Jaedyn

FIU is, without a shadow of a doubt, the epitome of academic rigor, cultural diversity, community, endurance, and most of all, excellence. If you want a well-rounded education while creating life-long relationships and building character, you belong!

kayla

Florida International University has actually surprised me in how excellent of a college it is. The school is very diverse in events, people, clubs, interests, and courses. FIU seems to have a certain something for anyone. From what I have taken, the classes are challenging but you are able to learn everything in a clear and precise way. Florida International University has proven to be a great college and I would recommend it to many students.

Ke-ana

I'm ready to become a Panther and so my Panther pride! They care a lot about there students and the well-being of the students. This is shown through the campus facilities and the access to tons of assistance in anything needed around the campus. Florida International University understands how hard college can be for some students and all the different situations occurring in a students "outside life" and they try to help accommodate each student according to there needs or lack thereof.

Maria

It's a great school, however, if you are looking for the old school college experience you aren't going to find it here. The campus is beautiful but there really isn't much history. It's like a small city with in Miami. I'm sure if you lived here this would be cooler. Lastly, the other students are very nice. Here it is very easy to make friends.

Jannai

FIU is an excellent school, the professor really cares and are personable. If you're a commuter its harder to get involved in campus life and the social events die out after the fall term.

Yandy

Fiu is the best best bang for your buck in the area, bar none. Its a massive school with a plethora of extracurricular groups/greek life to keep you going when the studying brings you down. You want to join a running group and enjoy the miami weather? You got it. You'd rather avoid the outdoors and spend your time playing DnD? You'll find plenty of groups. You're looking for some other group to fill your niche? You'll likely find one on campus.

mark

My overall Opinion of Florida International University is that it is a great school. I have enjoyed the four years I have spent at this institution, learning multiple things about my major and career. I have made friends, learned a lot about my career field and have grown a lot as a person.