Florida Memorial University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Florida Memorial University

Cherlda

It is a very diverse campus with a lot of international students with a clean environment. The staff are helpful and faculty are willing to assist you with your needs. Their is a big emphasis on student activities and athletics. However, more resources could be implemented in academics and doing so would make the university well rounded.

Kiara

Florida Memorial University is a well rounded school. The staff is very respectable and the President is a nice woman. The professors get to have a bond with the students and the campus is very diverse and open minded. The university has many majors and minors to choose from. It is also very affordable.

Lo'Rell

Florida Memorial University to me is like a family member, sometimes you may not see eye to eye and may have troubles but at the end of the day you are happy to have them in your life. I know for a fact this school has turned around my life plus many other students who attend or have graduated. Through the loving and nurturing faculty to the bond building activities, to the many experiences good and bad this school gets us as students ready and acclimated from emerging young adulthood to adulthood. If I had a choice to go back and do it all over again I do it in the same lion clothing I’m in and no other way around.

Takia

Florida Memorial University, or FLOMO we like to call, is a great college if you are interested in HBCU's. There are many things you learn from going to this college. If you go here, this college will teach you anything you need to know. I recommend you go here. It a great opportunity that awaits.

Jurmelle

Florida Memorial University is an excellent school to attend because the faculty cares alot about the well-being of students and the services there are outstanding. The campus is beautiful and always kept clean for visitors. I can assure you that the professors will ensure that the students are prepared to enter graduate school and the workforce This school keeps its word by giving students a promise and a future.

Antreiz

Overall, I like Florida Memorial University because of the opportunities they have for students like myself. Even though it was not my intended school choice, attending Florida Memorial has worked out for me. In addition, attending the school has benefited me academically because of the student-professor ratio. I am always able to communicate with my professor with extremely low complications.

Zauria

I am a student at Florida Memorial University completing a bachelor’s degree in music. To be quite frank, attending Florida Memorial University was a last resort. But it ended up being the best decision I’ve ever made. What attracted me to FMU is the fact you’re treated like family. The staff and administrators make sure that you’re taken care of when it comes to your financial aid and classes. What I also love about it is the music department. I’m in classes with teachers who have experience with musical performance and theory. They push the students to their full potential.

Shate

My opinion of Florida Memorial University it’s small and they have small class sizes witch is a plus. The professors know the names of the students not by a number. The food could be better and also there should be more activities to do on campus. Florida Memorial University should have more programs that students can get involved in. As an overall Florida Memorial University is an great unified college which allow the students come together as one.

Jailyn

My overall opinion on Florida Memorial University is a great environment that anyone would love to be apart of. There are professors and students that are very welcoming and have great personalities that would make you feel comfortable. You won’t feel bored at anytime because there’s always something you can do whether it’s a school club/organization or extracurricular activities.

Ivana

I think it is a great opportunity for people pursuing careers in aviation, computer sciences, but also other fields! We are all about the school spirit and enjoy our athletics program to the max. Housing is really great- there is multiple options on where you can stay regarding the prices. There is a wide range of on-campus events and it feels like the students are always doing something.

jamiqua

freshman so far so good just needing a little help with more scholarship money. The school seems to be great they have nice cafe nice big and clean rooms. Im a cheerleader been cheering since i was 5 and i just dont like it i have a passion for cheering. I eat,breath and dream it. I just hope i get picked to help me out with my studies.

Alejandro

It is a good school. It has different cultures and the professors are very nice. The school provides a lot of activities on weekend such as rides around the city, music, dances from the different countries. Also, they provide scholarship programs that permits us apply to get financial help .

Destiny

The campus is has a warm welcoming as soon as you enter the gate. The setting of the school is a calm environment. Everyone support each other although they are from different organizations. There's almost always a activity going on every weekend. Different ethnicity serve food so you will get a chance to try different food.

Tamysha

I love the pride the school has for our culture but my time there was horrible. I was sick the whole semester due to my dorm room having mold on the vents which I complained and took pictures of but still recieved no help. I also did not appreciate how unorganized they were when it came to my financial aid and other things .

mariah

This institution is one of kind, not only is it an HBCU, but it is a hub for endless opportunities. From the students who attend here- whom could be from anywhere in the world- to the professors, this school puts academics on a high platform that everyone is pushed to reach and achieve.

Josuan

My name is Joshua Lopez at Florida Memorial University. Recent course my first year in college was a great opportunity that I had a scholarship in the university and to be able to study in this university. A scholarship of 1,000 will mark a difference in my life but also in my parents because since they are the ones who work day and night to pay for my studies and thanks to Jesus and my parents I am here, for tarason it would be a help Sum big mind for me and my parents and thanks to them I have my goals and my aspirations. Here I will do my 4 year graduate of my barchurer Business Administration which is one of my goals. Become a graduate and have my own business and work to have my house and my dream car. I also have in mind my baseball sport that in 3 years I will have the possibility to sign professional in the MLB my biggest desire and goal would be to film professional serious my dream come true the every player would want. My biggest aspirations are my parents because thanks to them I have achieved what I have achieved today and are my greatest example to follow.

isis

Florida Memorial University has the potential to strive as a school. However with the path that it is taking and the type of people running it , it will crumble. There are so many things that need improvement here. They do not take the students satisfaction into consideration. Many of us are not happy with the environment here.

brea

i love the environment it is home away from home. the teachers help you out and love to make sure all of their students pass their classes. the students and workers on campus are very friendly and trying to help you. you are welcomed in with open arms no matter the color or race.

Destinee

I love Florida Memorial University, there's never a dull moment on campus which I love: there's always a club or a faculty/staff member holding an event. The campus is full of artistic individuals who draw, paint, write, sing, dance, and play instruments so it's definitely a place to go if you love the arts. We even allow members within the community to use our facilities: we allow them to use our chapel and our center for the performing arts. Every week people from the military come to campus to talk to students; people who help us register to vote are also on campus every week The faculty and staff truly care about their students, they lend an ear and give advice if it's needed. We also have a Chaplin on campus who supports our religious needs which I love, and he's very dedicated to his job. Florida Memorial is definitely a campus where an individual can grow spiritually and .

Brianna

My overall opinion about Florida memorial university is that I love it because it’s like home I feel so comfortable I will be attending for fall I got to know about Florida memorial through my older sister because she attends Florida Memorial University

Desno

My honest opinion about Florida Memorial University is it’s a good place to start. The students are very friendly and there are many different cultures. Also the professors are very involved with students, pushing us to do better and providing materials needed.

David-Wood

Florida Memorial University makes it easy for Young people to express themselves, you can be who you really are. And the fact that doing internship is a requirement to graduate, that helps the students to get to know better the feild that they are going in for the rest of their lives. Florida Memorial University is not educating students to do get a Job but they are educating students to create jobs.

Lovely

My opinion on Florida Memorial University is that it is a great school to me because of the main factor of being an (Historically Black College and University) HBCU. I have always wanted to attend an HBCU just because of the history and how my black ancestors fought for my education and my school rights. I feel like I must attend an HBCU because my ancestors did not fight and die for no reason and they fought specifically for African Americans school rights. Florida Memorial University is a private school but it still counts as an HBCU just like the other public ones and the fact that it is private makes it a little better for me. It is not as open and too well known, not that many students, and classes are smaller so to me that just means you have a better chance at your professors getting to know you and help you when you need it the most. Over this school is a perfect fit for me, it’s the best in my eyes.

JADA

It is a historically black university, but it is currently lacking a football atmosphere; however, this will soon change for the 2020-2021 School Year.