Florida SouthWestern State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Florida SouthWestern State College

Mackenzie

I don't expect much from a community college, but it is still a college and I am still waiting for it to feel like it. I dreamed of college football games and fun dorm rooms and coffee in between class, not thirty-minute drives to the nearest restaurant and professors that seem more miserable than I do. I'm more than disappointed. I wanted my hard work in high school to pay off.

Daila

This is a wonderful school. I recently returned after a 22-year hiatus and the resources are incredible. The Professor's and faculty are friendly and accommodating. The learning labs are there if you need tutoring or writing help of any kind. The library and staff will go out of their way to assist you at any time. The financial aid department is patient and helpful. The academic advisors are knowledgeable and friendly. I cannot say enough about how this school ensures your success with their resources and culture.

Dakiriya

I really don’t like it, the advisors aren’t very helpful and I feel as if I’m learning how to manage my college life all by myself. There’s little to no support. I really feel as if they just want my money. I don’t have anyone on campus that I can go to for academic advise.

Brett

Florida Southwestern is a fantastic place to pursue higher education. The campuses are beautiful and the smaller class sizes create a more intimate and engaging learning atmosphere. The Professors are amazing within the School of Business. They genuinely care about how their students do within their classes and act as a human glossary due to their expertise within their fields of study. I highly enjoy studying at FSW and would greatly encourage anyone pursuing higher education to consider FSW as a top option!

William

You get what you pay for I guess. I first went into FSW expecting one thing but received something different. If you're trying to take advantage of art programs in college, I would recommend a different school. I wish I knew this before I started college here. There just isn't much motivation when it comes to the arts.

Salvatore

I, overall, feel every safe on-campus and if I ever needed help finding a place to go, I could easily ask anyone for help. The professors, so far, have been great and I have been given every opportunity to succeed. I am currently enjoying my experience here at Florida Southwestern State College!

Jetro

My overall opinion is that the school is actually a really good school. For a small school there is not that many people and class goes by smoothly. There are lots to do and events happening almost every week. The professors are willing to help the students and are here when we have questions or need help.

Cristian

My name is Cristian Frias, and I am currently attending at Florida SouthWestern State College, and my overall opinion about this institution is that is one of the best, I give it a 5 out of 5 rating. In the first place, I must say that the reason why I have such good opinion about this college is that the staff at FSW has demonstrated to me how dedicated to the success of their students they are. For example, the academic advisers are exceptional, they always provide answers to all my questions, and guide me through the steps needed to finish my semesters with the best possible grades. As well, they take the time to work with me to solve my problems, which is something I really appreciate. Moreover, at FSW there could be found the faculty staff in the math and writing center who is always willing and ready to help students. The services of these people to me have been invaluable, especially in my current semester that I’m taking statistic. I can say without any doubt that if it weren’t for the help of these wonderful people, I would be failing my class. Another essential feature FSW possess and I considered to be very important is the security. In this college, the security is not extreme, but it is efficient, I can’t even remember when was the last time a major incident took place. Furthermore, with all the thing happening right now in the country, like the shootings in so many schools, is nice to be able to feel safe in your campus. Finally, the thing that has impacted me the most about this institution was the teachers. The reason is because since I was attending high school, many people told me that the reason why college is so cheap is because the quality of education (the teachers) is the worst. I came to discover the falsity of such argument in the very first class of my first semester because if a man with twenty years of experience in teaching, and his very own method of how to write a research paper of 1500 words in eight hours is a low-quality teacher, then is over my friends education has no future. However, he wasn’t the only one who impressed me, so far I've had fourteen teachers and from the realm of philosophy (that is how we call the philosophy classroom) to the outdoor environmentalism class I have been amazed about how knowledgeable these educators are about their subjects and how they try to go above and beyond for their students. These are the reasons why I consider Florida SouthWestern State College to be one of the best schools ever.

I love it. This school is all about community. I feel right at home whenever I'm there. I have a close knit friend group who are always ready to hold big discussions or just hang out and play sports. The professors are extremely personable and helpful, you always see them around, even when they are not teaching. In addition, I love how beautiful the campus is. It has large shade trees, and a big lake that you can walk around to get exercise between classes. Overall, this is a great school, and I am very satisfied.

Anthony

i haven’t been there yet but people i know have said good things about the school so i’m really excited to start it. It’ll be my first year of college and i’m kind of nervous but at the same time i’m ready and i feel like Florida Southwestern State college is the one for me.

Anna

Amazing investment into your future. The cost is low and allows for transition to bigger universities with a better foundation in core academics. If you don't know your major or future career interest it is a great place to explore your options while getting a two-year degree. They have a great transfer relationship with Florida Gulf Coast University. Highly recommend.

Beverly

Its gets the job done for what your paying forIn high school I was a well-rounded student and very involved and very considerate of other cultures. I would love to bring my outgoing personality and my culture to Fsw. I would love to participate in the athletic program and try to bring athletics to the forefront of your college programs.

Domenic

It is a beautiful campus, and it seems like a good opportunity to get a great start in my education. I think it will help me become more independent being away from home. My plan is to attend for 2 years and then finish my college degree at Florida Gulf Coast University, or another school. I am planning to work hard and get good grades so that I have every opportunity open to me.

meghan

It is a good school to save money but you only really get what you pay for. Many programs are not completely up to date bu this school is perfect for if your want to save some money. I participated in the dual enrollment program in high school so i am just going to receive my associates degree from here and transfer.