Florida State University Top Questions

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

The best parts about the social scene on campus is how close all the bars/clubs are. I usually walk and even if you live off campus, a cab ride or a ride with your friend to campus isn't that bad at all. Another great part is that the students at florida state tend to flock to certain bars or clubs. If you go to a certain bar a lot, you end up making friends just by being in the same place frequently. The worst part is that it can get old, quickly and a lot of bars are 21 and up. When you're a girl its not hard to get in but for guys if you want to go out and drink, you really have to be 21 or have a good fake id. Student clubs and groups are another great part of the social scene on campus. Joining an organization is the best way to meet people and make a big campus feel small!

Here at FSU, there are a lot of activities offered for students. The SLC shows all of the hit movies for free with your student I.D. It is a great thing to do with your friends on the weekend. You could also go hang out at the Club Down Under. This isn't a normal, loud music, dancing club like most of the clubs in Tallahassee. It is a concert club. Some of my favorite bands play here, like Matt & Kim and others. They have Karaoke and Drag Shows. There is always something to do on campus. There aren't any bad parts to the social scene on campus, there is always something to do with your friends. Especially, my favorite, Paint-a-Pot. Here you can go a make pottery and let out your inner creativity.

Typical FSU party