Florida State University Top Questions

What are the most popular classes offered?

There are hundreds of classes offered at Florida State. There are the classes that everyone needs like ENC1101, the standard English class and college algebra. But when it comes to the fun electives there are plenty to choose from. There is multicultural film classes where your homework assignments are to watch different films and write papers on them. Here's a little secret that you should know: you need at least two P.E. classes in order to graduate. FSU has classes like stretch and relaxation and bowling and tennis and all different kinds of fun, one credit hour classes.

Sandra

Unfortunately, I cannot speak for every major. I can, however, tell you what some of the most popular classes I have taken or have heard of are, especially from my departments English and Religion. In the English department, Intro to Shakespeare is huge. Even people who aren't fans of the Bard love this class, especially if taken with Dr. Brent Griffin. All the writing technique classes are popular too, with creative writing majors and those who just simply want to work on their story telling skills. In Religion, the class Religion and Fantasy, which is based on looking deeper into classics such as Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and The Chronicles of Narnia, is wildly popular. It's in such high demand that it is now taught in the largest lecture hall on campus! Now, I'm not an expert on the rest of these classes, but I know that Public Speaking and Speech are very popular, and not just because they are requirements. Another extremely popular class is Modern Popular Music. Where else can you get a grade for listening to the Beatles in class?? And of course, Stretch and Relaxation. Yes, it is exactly what it sounds like.

Better known as "The Harry Potter class," REL3112 is a religion class that is based off of three popular books. Two essays are required for this class, making it a gordon rule, but who doesn't like to write about amazing books that they actually like to read?