Florida State University Top Questions

What's the dating scene like?

"Dating" at Florida State doesn't necessarily mean you have a boyfriend/girlfriend. The term "dating" is so commonly used that being in a monogamis relationship is rare. It is a carefree lifestyle in Florida and I think that directly applies to the dating scene. Of course there are still couples holding hands around campus, but for the majority of the school population, I'd say, go out on multiple dates and explore their options. There are also the girls who supposedbly came to college to get their "MRS" degree, but even those girls end up realizing there is more to college than finding the "one". College is the time to find out who you are and luckily Florida State's dating scene can help you find that out.

The dating scene, just like any other school, can be difficult. But, that doesn't mean there is a lack of good people to go out with. The boys here are respectful and nice and act like the perfect gentlemen. There are plenty of places to go for the first date, keep it casual, there are bunches of restaurants and coffee shops off campus that are the perfect romantic setting for a first date.

Layni

The dating scene depends really on the type of people you go for. If you're into frat stars, I'm sorry to inform you that it doesn't look too well. Not to bash fraternities, but FSU's girl to guy ratio favors guys (more girls than guys), so guys know that if you won't give it up, another girl will. But it's okay, because obviously that person wasn't worth it. You may go through many guys trying to find one that's worth a damn, but you will find them, they just tend to be less forward than the not-so-nice boys out there. Hook-ups happen, often, but it doesn't have to be so for you. Decide what's right for you and go from there. In all honesty, love and relationships come to you when you least expect them to. Focus on school, on extra-curriculars, things that are important to you. When you focus on these things, it brings you closer to people who share your values, people who have real potential with you.

Justyn

where to sneak off to to kiss your lover!!