Florida State University Top Questions

What's the Greek scene like?

Greek Life at FSU is one of the largest in the nation. You cannot miss it walking around campus. There is sorority row and people walk down it everyday to go to class. There are people proudly wearing their Greek letters everywhere you go, even off campus. I am proud to say I am in a sorority and have become heavily involved in it. I've lived in the sorority house for two years and have had top leadership roles in my chapter. Greek Life at FSU changes you for the better. You learn how to become independent and you make so many connections it is unbelievable. It enriches the college experience and makes a big campus seem small. Of course you run into the stereotypes and the negative views people have on Greek Life. There are definitely people in Greek Life that are superficial and care more about the reputation then the true meaning of representing a chapter and the history behind it. You learn to brush those people off because a majority of Greek Life are the leaders of the University, have the highest GPA's and are always involved.

The Greek scene here at Florida State is great. It is a great way to get involved on campus and meet new people. If Greek life is for you, you will meet so many new people and learn great skills like leadership and team work. When you are involved in the Greek community you will be given lots great opportunities both on campus and off campus. You can be connected with alumni who can connect you with jobs and internships that will help further your career. You will make some of the best friends of you college career.

It's big and southern. Easiest thing on campus to describe.

The Greek scene is very, very involved on campus. I highly recommend going Greek. it's a great experience that you do not want to miss out on. The Greek community as a whole works very well together, and sororities and fraternities help each other out. They are constantly hosting fundraisers and putting together community service projects. It is also a fact that FSU Greeks tend to have higher GPAs than non-Greeks. FSU Greek Life puts a big emphasis on academics, and most sororities have required study hours every week. As for the social aspect, Greeks know how to have fun. There are socials every week, and there are many opportunities to attend unique date functions, semi-formals, and formals. Any Greek function is a ton of fun, and even non-Greek women are allowed to attend fraternity house parties. On any weekend, it is a given that there are several fraternity parties going on; you just have to choose which house you want to go to. Anywhere you go will be a good time.

Jena

Greek Life is everywhere. Many students rush for fraternities and sororities every semester with hopes of making it. Over the years each frat and sorority has adopted their own stereotype of girls or guys they take or already posses. On cars you notice the emblems of greek letters on the back window and walking around t-shirts and hoodies represent slogans or emblems from each. They are also known for dominating a large part of job positions in tally nightlife.