Folsom Lake College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Folsom Lake College

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/unigowpnfs/unigo/wp-content/themes/twentynineteen-child/functions.php on line 3765

Cuautli

I enjoy the setting and environment thats made there and the people I've met are super cool and helpful. They do a great job at keeping the student safe and make sure we have info when we need it and The buildings are all very clean and taking care of.

Alexandra

Folsom Lake College was a great community college! I got really amazing professors and had counselors who made sure I was going on track with my courses, making sure I was doing well in my classes. The campus was very clean and the cafe was alright. I loved this college and would recommend it to anyone who wants to go to a community college before they go to a 4-year!

Zoey

I enjoy attending Folsom Lake College. I would say the teachers that I have had truly care about their students, which I think is hard to find at most colleges. The school life could use some work, but otherwise I really enjoy going to class and making new friends from my classes.

Tom

Folsom lake is a great campus and has a great city surrounding it. It's always clean, it feels welcoming to students and encourages an environment to learn. The counselors want you to succeed and will help you when they are available. The school doesn't shy away from knowing student generally want to transfer to a four year and they want you to! They understand the importance of community college and the feeling around campus is that of moving up to a four year, respectfully. Programs are great and plentiful. The teachers are local and provide support for those who want it. Overall this school is great and even though it is not a a four year, it provides students with what they need.

Since Folsom Lake is a newer school of the Los Rios school district, there are not as many people who attend. This means easier parking access, availability to the classes you need, and more one on one time with the professors. I have thoroughly enjoyed my three years spent here and loved every moment of schooling.

Chelsea

I love this college. The facilities as a whole are very nice and well kept. The staff is AMAZING and there is always someone willing to help out however they can. So far all of my professors have been incredibly knowledgable and accessible. The culture is invigorating and inviting. There are always students on campus and it is nice to never feel alone.

Olivia

I am a current student athlete student athlete at FLC , the sports and classroom facility are top notch and kept up very well. I would recommend attending Folsom Lake College! It is very clean, beautiful campus that is well maintained. The Harrison center is a great place to go for performances, it also attract a lot of Art Majors. The athletic facilities are fairly new and are in excellent condition.

Trisha

It's a very nice college, especially being a community college. Even though there is no on-campus housing, the campus itself is very spacious and nice. The teachers are always available, and they're willing to help if you need to ask them a question. FLC is amazing because it provides a stepping stone that all college-bound kids should go to. Students learn how to become indepedent, while still getting enough support from their teachers, unlike the UCs that have hundreds of people in a huge lecture hall where the teacher is almost never available. Also, FLC is really there for you, even financially. The 1st year being a full-time student means that the tuition for that year is completely free! I mean, you still have to pay for books and stuff, but that's simply incredible for every student who is looking to save money in the long run.

Pablo

It is an amazing community college! One of the best I have seen around the Sacramento Area. The facilities are new and very nice. The campus is surprisingly big, with tons of places to explore. I love that the Harris Center of the Arts is open to students and we can even use their recording studio if we want to make music or something similar. Great academics for a JC and most of the professors I have had are good. It's a great option to save money and get a great education at the same time. The only downside would be our social life. No one ever talks to each other out of class or in class. We take part in discussions, but will never speak to each other outside of an academic environment. People have the "In-N-Out" mentality. Speaking about In-N-Out, there's one like 3 minutes away from campus!

Clarity

I enjoyed receiving my first two years of my undergraduate degree here. I was surprised at how many resources were available and how attentive the teachers were. The opinion I had on community college was built off of people who did not respect it, and I found in my own experience it was one of my smarter choices. My teachers are the same at the local four year universities and the tight knit community gave me a sense of belonging outside my classes.

Bridgette

In the short time I have be enrolled it has been exciting, overwhelming and a dream of mine to complete the degree I have been wanting for more than 10 years. So far all of this has been made possible because of Folsom Lake College/Los Rios has given me a chance to achieve my dream.

MARGO

I believe that Folsom Lake College has room to improve, but has an overall generic feel of a college. Folsom Lake has helped me prepare myself to go to a university, and I am thankful for that. This campus has also made growth academically more easy than other campuses I have been to.

Justin

This is a great college to take classes you need for your job or major. Some of the professors are amazing, and none that I have run into are terrible. On average, there is more homework assigned here than at a university, but it does help students who are not as proficient in learning on their own.

Maria

Folsom Lake College is a fantastic community college for students who are seeking to save the costs of attending a four-year university by enrolling in GE courses that are just as academically rigorous and engaging. Not only are professors highly-knowledgeable and experienced in their fields of academia, but they are willing to take the time to get to know students on a personal level and discuss opportunities to pursue further involvement in their subjects outside of class. Counselors are also proactive in their student-outreach initiatives and most seem determined to cultivate an enriching and rewarding college experience for every student. I always felt as though I received the best guidance and advice after every appointment. The food is generic and the social environment can be cold at times, but otherwise this campus is a great place for students to navigate their first years of education outside of high school for a fraction of the price of an undergraduate university.

Isaias

its an awesome school

Sam

Folsom lake is a very nice community college that is fairly new. Most teachers there are very willing to help. They are very driven to help students transfers but they do not offer a lot of help when it comes the the transferring process. I would defiantly say they are a decent community college.

Kailey

Folsom Lake College is an affordable and highly-recommendable school in my opinion. The construction of the campus is very modern, intricate, and beautiful. The campus itself is quite large and excellently maintained. Thoroughly, I enjoy the classes and how they are structured. Many of the Folsom Lake College professors urge their students to reach new academic heights that they never thought they could achieve before. A majority of the instructors are engaging, informative, and easily approachable with questions related to course study material and exams. As a student, I was prompted by professors to seek job opportunities on campus and pursue extra credit opportunities to further improve my grades. My professor for HCD-310 even helped in showing me where to apply for scholarships on the college website. The atmosphere is tranquil and police officers are constantly patrolling the grounds. I feel extremely safe when on campus. The classes are constructed to be difficult but also as a way to challenge the student. I had to push myself in order to get the grades I wanted, but I found that it was more rewarding to work harder for my grades and made the victory much sweeter. Every step of the way, my instructors urged me to take advantage of the free tutoring on campus. I love that the faculty does not keep their students in the dark about programs that may aid them in their college studies. I would highly recommend Folsom Lake College. It supplies students with a positive college environment and with support from instructor faculty in their academic pursuits.

Daniel

I really enjoy the campus as it is kept up and managed nicely. I feel extremely safe knowing that the police are on active duty on the campus. A majority of the teachers are very accessible and dedicated to helping the individual succeed and learn. The overall atmosphere of the campus is very inclusive and is dedicated to promoting diversity.

Jillian

This school is ever growing and in a beautiful location. There are plenty of classes to chose from and since they keep expanding the campus there are more classes being added every day. It's a bonus that their auditorium hosts an abundant of shows and performances.

Arie

It's a very low-end, low-budget community college in Northern California. The support staff is all undergrad's that know nothing about IT solutions, and are almost useless besides offering advice. The counselors are not available for weeks at a time, the Dean's are unavailable for appointments for up to 4 months. They have multiple "dead/no longer active" numbers for various departments. Multiple students have been blocked from registering for classes due to coding and platform integration errors. These individuals must jumo through weeks of hoops, appointment creating, IT support, line transfers, etc. Buying courses should be as easy as shopping on amazon. Yet, I could teach a major just on registering for classes at Folsom Lake.. Why?

Sam

Folsom Lake College is a community college so we don’t have on campus housing, but the academics are great, the professors are always very helpful and always make sure we know we can contact them at any time if we have questions or comments or concerns, and they keep up with their office hours. I think this is a great community college and a great school to transfer from.

Xavier

FLC is a community college so campus housing doesn't apply - but it's an excellent community college with a great balance between class size, facilities, student organizations, and student support services. The campus is pristine and sits just below the scenic Folsom hills overlooking Sacramento. Every single professor or faculty member has been receptive and helpful - from the office of student life to financial aid and my professors. Their offices are also efficient and waiting lines are reasonable for any issue you have. Security and police are ever present, and the open nature of the campus makes you feel as safe as can be. Students also tend to be driven.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!