Cloquet, MN
Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College

Hollie

I started FDLTCC in January of 2007. I was nervous being a 16 year old and starting my post-secondary education early, but everyone; students, teachers, the cafeteria personnel, all made me feel extremely welcome. I joined Student Senate and became heavily involved with other extracurricular activities. FDLTCC has one of the top rated Law Enforcement programs in the state of Minnesota. I was thinking for a brief moment that I wanted to become an Officer. The advisors in the program were very helpful with what courses I needed to take in order to be accepted into the program. My advisor in general was very intuitive and when I decided that Law Enforcement was not for me, was able to coach me into a career path that we both thought I would love. Overall, I enjoyed my educational experience with FDLTCC and would highly recommend.

I appreciated being able to complete my Associate Degree of Nursing. I was also able to complete my Associate of Arts Degree and graduate with both simultaneously. I found it immensely helpful to be able to take classes online through other schools within the MNSCU system in order to work full time while attending school.

Tatianna

I absolutely fell in love with this school. I didn't start here, but this is where I ended up and I couldn't be happier. Both the staff and the students are all so friendly and welcoming. I love the class size because each instructor knows you personally, which gives a better personal and educational experience. The different course options are great as well. The campus itself is beautiful. It's just all around the perfect college to attend and wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

Coal

I LOVE Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College! It's a quaint, cozy, beautiful campus full of diversity and positive energy! Everyone is so helpful and friendly, and I can't imagine where I would have gone if not here! I recommend this college to anyone looking for a nice small college.

Tylar

If I had to describe my classmates in one sentence it would be this: There are great people to be around, but the majority fit perfectly into the stereotype of whatever race they are part of.

I would tell myself to seriously think about getting a job soon, buy what I wanted and to not leave the house until I could afford to move out on my own. Ever since then it's been one struggle after another. A choice between what I want and what I need. I know Mother is insufferable sometimes, but it's better than eating once a day and throwing away every bit of money I have. Keep Alyssa on the straight, otherwise it's going to lead to trouble soon. And more than anything, keep Dad and Mom in the loop. Don't be afraid to cry on the days you really want to. It will help more than you can ever believe. Love our sister and stay around her as much as you can, because her "sister" is a bad influence and we both know it. Add her on Facebook and watch what she posts. She's a teenager now. She's going to act stupid. Be happy that you know who you are. Most people never learn until it's too late.

The worst thing about my school is how lacking the art department is. There are two teachers for the entire department. One covers drawing, painting, and those kinds of things. The other is the photography, computer art teacher. I may not be an artist, but I have many friends who are, and in a collage that is mainly focused on buisness and sports, I'd like to see some variety with things like more art classes and even some programming classes. I think that would help the diversaty a lot.

Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College is unique in many aspects. The most significant characteristic that helped me decide, however, is the cultural diversity. Students of many different backgrounds attend Fond du Lac, and the school embraces every ethnicity. There are opportunities to attend tribal ceremonies and seminars, classes to expand knowledge in tribal history and art, and the campus creates an intriguing atmosphere for students to bridge the gap between cultural differences.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to sell myself short. As a junior and senior in high school I attended the PSEO program at Fond du Lac. I obtained an Associate of Arts degree last spring, and I had planned on working toward another two year business degree this fall because I figured it would be the easiest option. However, after speaking with the Business Advisor at Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College, I decided to pursue a Bachelor's degree at the Univerity of Minnesota Duluth. He pushed me to be the best I could be, even though it was going to take a little bit more work. Had I known this was going to be my course of action, I would have taken more credits coinciding with my degree plan. So if I could go back and tell myself anything, it would be to shoot for the moon. Even if things are going to take a little more time, and be a little more work, in the end it will be worth it. I can do anything.

The best thing about Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College, in my opinion, is the comforting atmosphere the campus creates. Class sizes are small, and the instructors connect with students on a personal level. It is not intimidating to ask for help, and the staff is always welcoming and willing to assist students in any situation. I believe that this is a quality every school should have, as it is very important for the success of the students. Fond du Lac's ability to produce successful graduates lies within the amzing staff and support.

Shayla

I believe that I have made a lot of good choices in my life and there are not a lot of things that I regret doing but the one thing I would of told myself to do would be to be more involved in school activites so I could of been more rounded.

The best thing about attending Fond du Lac Tribel Community and College is the small classes.

The one thing that Fond du Lac Tribel and Community College could use are classes that teach different languages.

Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.