Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College Top Questions

Tylar

I would tell myself to seriously think about getting a job soon, buy what I wanted and to not leave the house until I could afford to move out on my own. Ever since then it's been one struggle after another. A choice between what I want and what I need. I know Mother is insufferable sometimes, but it's better than eating once a day and throwing away every bit of money I have. Keep Alyssa on the straight, otherwise it's going to lead to trouble soon. And more than anything, keep Dad and Mom in the loop. Don't be afraid to cry on the days you really want to. It will help more than you can ever believe. Love our sister and stay around her as much as you can, because her "sister" is a bad influence and we both know it. Add her on Facebook and watch what she posts. She's a teenager now. She's going to act stupid. Be happy that you know who you are. Most people never learn until it's too late.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to sell myself short. As a junior and senior in high school I attended the PSEO program at Fond du Lac. I obtained an Associate of Arts degree last spring, and I had planned on working toward another two year business degree this fall because I figured it would be the easiest option. However, after speaking with the Business Advisor at Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College, I decided to pursue a Bachelor's degree at the Univerity of Minnesota Duluth. He pushed me to be the best I could be, even though it was going to take a little bit more work. Had I known this was going to be my course of action, I would have taken more credits coinciding with my degree plan. So if I could go back and tell myself anything, it would be to shoot for the moon. Even if things are going to take a little more time, and be a little more work, in the end it will be worth it. I can do anything.

Shayla

I believe that I have made a lot of good choices in my life and there are not a lot of things that I regret doing but the one thing I would of told myself to do would be to be more involved in school activites so I could of been more rounded.