Saint Louis, MO
Fontbonne University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fontbonne University

Cara

Fontbonne University is a fun, friendly, and supportive environment where students of many different diversities and backgrounds can feel at home as they learn.

When I first graduated from high school I was very "burnt out" on school. It wasn't until I was 22, working full time as a hair stylist and coming home every day feeling unhappy and unfulfilled that I finally realized how valuable having a college education could be. As a speech and Language Pathology major, I am extremely excited to get to work with preschoolers and help them be more well prepared to face life both in and out of the classroom. I used to dislike going to school. I did not enjoy getting out of bed early to attend class, had a poor attention span, and just had a total lack of interest in the sunject matter. However, now that I feel that I have finally found my "calling" in life, I am not only happy, but excited to go to school. It has taken me a long time to get to where I am today, and I hope that anyone who is not sure of what they want to major in, will hang in there and realize that in the end it is all worth it!

When I brag about my school, I mostly talk about how much fun I am having as a student. I am able to be both happy and proud to attend school at Fontbonne. When I wake up in the morning instead of thinking "Oh great I have to go to school today", I wake up and say "Alright another day of school!" It may sound funny, but I feel like most kindergardner's feel when they are first starting to discover their school days, you know, before they get worn out.

Shaneca

The classmates are friendly and very kind to you. They are the most social people you will ever meet.

Fontboone University is a great school for students who don't want to be in big classrooms.

I gotten out the college experience that many people come from different paths of life. Some people success others don't. In the end human kind is known to do one thing, which is to survive. I learn not to give up on your dreams. In the end, you have to live your life for yourself. What counts the most is the support you get to keep contine striving to be better than who you already are. Some people get a chance to make their lives better. When you get the oppuranity take it and never let go.

Courtney

I would think that Fontbonne is best known for there community feel. They have small classes and plenty of activities for evey person to engage in.

I have gotten a value of education, a sense of community and a drive to be successful. I have had two children while attending Fontbonne and still have been able to keep pushing with the support of my family, friends and Fontbonne. Without the support of my school I don't think that I would have been able to move into my graduate program at Fontbonne. This school has also taught me to think outside the box, never be afaird to try or pursue other adventures. Fontbonne has also set me up for the current life and issue we live in. I absolutely love Fontbonne!

Ayanna

My college experience has been very valuable when it comes to my family. I am the second to receive a bachelor's degree in my family and this makes my mother and children proud. I also value my six year old daughter seeing me walk across the stage when I graduate because I instill in her that an education beyond a highschool diploma is important for a successful career. During my college experience I have lived on campus, and met many wonderful people. I have walked acres and acres of land over the years, carried hundreds of pounds of books, and seen myself push to get the best grades I could possibly receive. I have gotten to know who I am, what I can achieve and then see that I can actually do even better than that. I love having the opportunity to attend college and when I think of not getting to have this experience I wonder where would I have been and if I would have anything to value as much as I do as my education.

The kind of person that should attend Fontbonne University is someone open and willing to learn.

When talking to friends or family I brag about the size convenience of the entire campus, the great professors I have or have had, the activites, the computer labs, and all the students I come in contact with have same drive I do for school or definitely working towards it.

Heather

Fontbonne is best known for giving back to the community. This college really impresses upon us how important it is to give back. Our curriculum requires we take a class that teaches us how to advocate for others. We also have to do an advocacy project. Fontbonne also has a volunteer day where groups from school go into the community and volunteer. There is also a Fontbonne group that pulls together their own money to provide grants to applicants. There is an approval process but this is still participants giving their own money. Fontbonne loves to help others.

I am so appreciative of my opportunity to go to college. Not many people who are in their thirties, work full-time and own a home are able to quit their job to return to school. I have learned tools that will help me empower others when I become a dietitian. I have great mentors, professors, who are passionate and excited and inspire the same in the students, in me. I'm a changed person; college has educated me but also expanded my view of the world. Once I graduate, I have a moral responsibility to help those who couldn't afford my services otherwise. When I was eighteen I went to college for a brief period of time because that is what others expected. When I came back in my thirties it was because I wanted to. It took years of me working at unfulfilling jobs for me to realize that college was going to get me to my goals. I want to inspire others who are considering going back to school but think they are too old. We are never too old to learn, grow and become better and more responsible citizens.

The parking! The campus is in beautiful Clayton but since it is in the middle of the city parking is limited. You have to pay for a parking pass but don't always get to park on campus. There is an overflow lot where you can park and a shuttle will take you to school. This is time consuming and it isn't fun waiting in the cold.

KRISTINA

Fontbonne University is a Private/ Catholic university; and something that is unique about it is that there is a Chapel located on the main floor of the main building of the university, which is called Ryan Hall. I have been in there a few times and it is absolutely stunning. Something else that is unique about Fontbonne University is that the classrooms are very intimate, which allows students to have one-on-one time with our professors for quality acedemic achievement, and that is something that is very important.

During my college experience I have lifetime friends, and meet wonderful people from all around the world. I have been in course where the professors have allowed me to think for myself, and also be able to provide positive feedback to my peers when needed. I have also been a part of a community, an organization that has a lot of history behind it. I have been able to take responsibility for myself, to think and be treated as an adult, but more importantly an equal. It has been valuable for me to attend Fontbonne University because I come from a background where no one even finished high school, and I am the first generation to receive my high school diploma, and attend college, all coming from an environment where I was told that my dreams and goals were impossible. I am completely proud of myself and I want to continue to grow as a student, a woman, and most importantly a person. Thank you.

Before coming into college, what I wished I would have known was that the fewer hours a student takes, the longer a student will remain in college. Another thing that I wished I would have known is the financial risk/sacrifice that a FULL TIME student has to face. Being a FULL TIME student and trying to mantain a decent job to support yourself is something that is very possible; however very challenging. Furthering my education is something that is going to be beneficial for me in the future.

Joan

The school has a very prestigious Speech and Language Pathology major and a good reputation with the graduate school in that field. Students who make it through the program and into the graduate program have their choice of a lot of different job oppurtunities after graduation. It has it's own clinic for Speech and Language disorders where students get hands-on oppurtunities to work with actual people instead of just reading case studies. If you are interested in the program, it is the best place to be.

In my college experience I've gained a better sense of my goals and plans for the future. I've learned more about myself and what I want to acheive to have a happy successful life. I feel like I actually learn things in my classes that will be relevant when I am starting my career. The teachers generally want us to succeed and encourage us to stand out and be the best. It has really pushed me to release my potential. I feel like I am a more powerful person and have more control over my future. I've made friends that are a positive influence on my life. I have always felt at Fontbonne that I am in a safe place. It is an oasis from my outside life and a place where I can be myself. I dont' feel like a "nerd" for wanting to spend hours in the library and the friends that I've made here have the same interests and similar goals. My academic advisor, my teachers, various staff members that work in the library and research centers, and my fellow students are now my cheering section for my life. We can all succeed!

If you re chosing to attend college for the traditional state college experience with the focus being on social life and activities instead of academics Fontbonne isn't necessarily the right college. Fontbonne isnt' considered very liberal and doesn't have many fine arts majors so artsy students interested in music, drama, or art aren't going to be in the right place. There are some international students but mainly students from middle-class families. It's not extremely diverse or very welcoming to excentrism.

Arlene

I have a great deal of vaulable experecnces from colloege, as I'm returning to school after 10 years. Althought, I started my education journy years ago, it is important that I return and complete. My great experences, 10 yaers ago such as not taking for granted time. Class, study, and test time management; are very important. Class prepareness, being ready with all materials for class and lecture. Proper note taking, and communticating with instructors, allowing them to asst you with information you dont understand, are just giving clearity to a missassumtion in class, school, or campus policy. Hard work and detemination is the most important expenece, hopfully indurence too,... the end will be the greatest reward.

I wish I had known that I did have all of the funding needed to attend. That is the reason I need this Scholarship to fund the rest of this year tution.

A prosective student for Fontbonne University should be focused, determined, and ready for the highest education experence. The one on one attention, the small class settings and the willingness to asst by all faculity and staff, are just a few of the amenaties that Fontbonne has to offer. This University is looking for a wide diversity of cultuers and backgrounds, in prosective students. The person that cannot find and outstanding experence at Fontbonne , could not be looking to be successful ; that is Fontbonne, SUCCESS.

Casie

What I have gotten out of college experience is that more knowledge you have the more valuable you get. It has given me more confidence and it gives me a more possitve outlook on life. I know that when I am done with my degree my family and I will be more stable.

Fontbonne University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.