Saint Louis, MO
Fontbonne University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fontbonne University

Their deaf education department.

Their deaf education department.

Before a student can decide where they want to go to college, he or she first must decide what they are truly looking for in life. Each student should be looking for the college for themselves as an individual, not for their mother, their boyfriend, or their best friend. Do they want to be a big fish in a little pond or a little fish in a big pond? Are they looking to be a major sports fanatic or bury themselves in a book in the back of the library? Far from home or close to family ties? Overall, a student should go where they feel they are most comfortable being themselves. Success comes to those who are comfortable in their own skin, even when it comes to deciding on a college.

Someone looking for the big school experience. There are no "big games" such as football, no fraternities or sororities.

Josh

Its just small enough that we are not bothered with much but the paking is not pretty.

An outgoing indvidual who is mature and indepent, and easy going with diverse freinds.

Tricia

When it came to choosing my college my parents gave suggestions, but in the end it was up to me. To parents I suggest take interest in their childs college choices and make suggestions. Do not choose for the child, instead let the child make the final choice. One thing I have learned after picking my school is that Fontbonne has helped shaped me into who I am now. For the future college bound student I say keep your grades up and work hard. You are what you make of yourself, a school can help open the door for you, but you must push it open the rest of the way. When it comes to meeting people do not skip out on your freshman orientation. It is one of the most important moments of your freshman year and can help establish a basis for wonderful friendships. Also, I suggest that when you start each new semester sit next to someone different in each class. Start a conversation, even if it seems the other person may not talk. It was surprising to me how many friends I made this way and how it helped me come out of my own shell.

I wish that I had known more about what activities are avalible at the school. Emails are sent out that tell students about what is going on at the school , but some emails you don't get till the day of the event ,which can make it hard to get to the event. Other than that though there is nothing really that I wish I would have known. Fontbonne has never hidden anything from me and everything I was told about the school has been true.

The parking is for sure one of the most frustrating things about Fontbonne. I commuted my freeshman year and I picked early classes so that I would be there early enough for a parking space. Now that I am a resident it is no longer a problem for me, there are certain parts of the day I don't move my car because I will not get a spot back. This problem will be fixed though in the next few years because there is talk of redueing the school to allow for more parking.

Leslie

For a future student, it is important to choose a college that fits their needs, such as class size, attention to material related to their major, and location. A student must feel comfortable in the enviornment and have the ability and desire to learn, while still enjoying themselves and experiencing college at its best moments. A student should join a team or a club, just to be able to meet other classmates and have something production and fun to do in their spare time. Partying is fun, and many schools will "host" a few, which is attended by a majority of the school's population. Many commuter students should be interactive with school activities so they are aware of the opportunitites that are there, wether it is job positions, or event notices.

it's small and everyone is very nice and open. it's also very accesible, and the atmosphere is welcoming.

the parking is horrible - they sell more stickers than they have spots. sometimes you can't park to get to class.

Carla

Take your time in trying to find the right unversity...Make sure you don't add pressure to yourself in completing course work. pace yourself and get a schedule down to help in daily activities. Use all the resources given at your school, and remember to have fun while completing your degree.

Kent

This school offers a great program for working adults that are going back to school to complete their education.

I wish i would have known more about how financial aid works so that I would have completed all of the forms correctly when i first started back to school after 20 years.

Carrie

Make sure you research the financial aid and support your children. I did everything on my own and now have so much financial debt from school. An education is not worth the stress of student loans.

Students looking to be close to home and not be lost in a classroom. Work hard and make sure you seek a very supportive advisor. If you are unhappy with your advisor find another one. Some one there is really there to help youi learn.

Some one looking ot party a lot or attend a school focused mainly on sports should not attend this school.

Madelyn

When searching for a college that is the right fit for someone, it is very important to consider not only monetary assistance, but also the assistance of the teachers, faculty, and staff of the university system. The place that a student picks for their education is important. The enviorment that one chooses to learn in can either hinder or assist in their overall learning process.

The overall atmosphere of the campus. The facilities are nice and the teachers are very helpful and considerate.

The availability of parking spaces on campus. Sometimes causes students to be late to classes so they have to arrive early to get a spot or to catch the shuttle from off-campus parking.

I would suggest that they visit as many schools as possible. Talk with students that already attend a school that you are most intersted in and see how thier college experience has been. Some schools offer weekend overnight visits, participate in them if you plan on living on campus so that you get a fill of what goes on.

A community based school where favoritism is shown towards some students.

The interaction with other students that you are able to get. It is like you make friends that will last forever.

Fontbonne University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.