Los Altos Hills, CA
Foothill College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Foothill College

Christina

An amazing school with counselors willing to help you strive within the school.

An amazing school with counselors willing to help you strive within the school.

Phoebe

My experience at Foothill College was a very pleasant one, albeit only because I had the funds to make sure I could afford everything at the store/cafeteria should I need them. The facilities are great, from what little I saw of the science labs, and there is a grand total of one gender-neutral bathroom as I remember it but it's great that there is one at all. The students were all relatively moderate in their standings and didn't seem to be the rioting type. The professors are all really nice and there was only one in my equivalent of two years that I would complain about. It was a nice entry experience into the US college system; the international students received great guidance and orientation upon arriving on campus. There's plenty of counseling available for any student who was having problems, personal or otherwise, and I highly recommend taking that advice--it's part of the price tag.

Brianna

I love it here! It's a beautiful campus! It is very green everywhere, so I'm always in a good mood at campus, which in turn makes going to class easier. All my professors I've had have been completely understanding as long as you keep the communication going. I also love Foothill's pool and gym!

Nhien

Foothill College was the first college I have ever attended and I loved it so much. The library has a bunch of resources that you can borrow free of charge, including supplies such as graphing calculators, which are expensive for most students. The school is on a hill and has a very nice view. Science professors here are the best. The school also offers free tutoring for STEM subjects. Tutors are mostly doctorate who are friendly and knowledgable.

Belen

Foothill College is a great Junior College to spend your first years of college. Their academics among other things such as clubs, sports and overall atmosphere are outstanding. Going into college my first year was scary, but with the help of the instructors at Foothill I was able to make it! Not only are the teachers extremely helpful, but there are many other options of help and tutoring if needed. If you are looking for a Junior College that has great academics, athletics and transfer programs Foothill College is the one for you!

Merrissa

I really love Foothill. The campus is beautiful, the teachers I have had so far are amazing! My teachers I feel genuinely want to help me succeed, for that I am very grateful. Foothill has awesome clubs and programs. I am a part of our Community Ambassadors Program on campus. Foothill is an awesome school with awesome classes and I love the quarterly system!

The students at my school come from all walks of life. Most students are international students. It's really awesome to meet the international students and learn what their lives are like coming from a whole different culture. I love how everyone there is true to the dreams and are motivated to achieve them.

Andrew

Classmates are diverse in their origins and their dreams.

Classmates are diverse in their origins and their dreams.

I have always found that listening to my heart has led to high satisfaction. You should too. If going to school and taking classes does not feel right and working does, then take some time off from school to work. There is so much to experience in this world. There is really no right or wrong way to live it. Experience life for yourself and form your own opinions. And take people's opinions and suggestions any not the absolute and only way to live. Knowing this it is okay to start over, so start living!

I have had a great experience there. Funding for the school gets tight so some services that would be beneficial for students, such as gym access, has some restrictions.

Dion

Foothill College is in one of the San Francisco Bay Area's most beautiful locations - Los Altos Hills. Not only does Foothill College have an outstanding education, but it's beauty inspires me. On a typical San Francisco Bay Area morning, walking around the campus, in the crisp cool air, you will see fog laying atop the hills. This scerene, awesome view, fills me with inspiration.

My school, Foothill Community College, as with other community colleges, allows me to take my required units at a minimal financial cost before transferring to a 4 year college. Foothill College has a superior honors program for students who meet a certain GPA. Their honors program has a high rate of transfer to some of our country's best colleges, in comparisson to most community colleges. Foothill is also a beautiful campus, boasting a unique neo-Japanese architecture, which is well-known among architects.

I have recently discovered the path of meditation and Buddhism. If I could go back and give myself advice, I would suggest this path to myself. Meditation and Buddhism have given me a sense of focus, which I never imagined possible. It has developed in me a deep mindfulness, in which I feel at peace, while doing my homework, listening to lecture in class, taking notes and studying for exams. I am constantly learning and experiencing focus while on this path. I have also become so single-mindedly focused that many of our friends have sensed this discipline and strength in me and have asked me to tutor/mentor their children.

Mindy

A beautiful campus, with a great reputation, especially for the particular program that I'm in.

As a high school student, I wasn't eager to go off to college and start a career. My priorities were to take care of the current issues and worry about the future when it comes. If I were able to go back in time, I would advise myself to re-evaluate my decisions in life and to think about what I could do with the potential I have. Up until middle school, I was at the top of my class academically and was involved in extra-curricular activities as well. Unfortunately, the momentum stopped and I ended mixing up my priorities. I didn't apply to any major universities like I had always planned on doing, and it was okay with me at the time. I spent many years in a community college after high school, switching majors and not having a stable goal. I finally found a program that was right for me, which is what I am currently pursuing. I would have definitely told the high school me that I didn't need to waste time with an undecided major, but to really focus in on my goal and work towards it.

I have strong, positive relationships with my peers and mentors which is something that I enjoy talking about with my friends. I also enjoy telling them about all the interesting and difficult experiences I'm able to overcome. I work hard to achieve success and I think it shows in my day to day actions. So when I talk to people who are not there to share the experience, I tend to talk about my "small achievements" to let them know what's going on in my life.

The number of courses offered to complete general education via the internet. This allows me to continue working full time and still hae time to take a full load of college classes and work at them during my evenings and weekends.

I attended high school in Indiana. Indiana doesn't have the community college infastructure that California does. If they did I would have opted to complete all my general education requirements at a community college. The structure for obtaining a degree in California is very well spelled out. Unlike the University level in Indiana where you can take whatever you want and never talk to a counselor. It was very cumbersome to understand how to be successful whereas I feel very confident with the Community College structure in CA that I am on the right track now.

This campus is very technologically advanced and outfitted with apple equipement. It also has the largest offering of online courses in the area to complete a degree via internet. This is a very green school environment.

Foothill College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.