Foothill College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Foothill College

Zoe

This college packs a punch for its small size. The teachers are incredible and passionate about teaching students. Many of the students work part time or full time, and the teachers are very understanding when it comes to helping students balance work and school. The campus is beautiful and the faculty are very helpful and approachable.

Belen

Foothill College is a great Junior College to spend your first years of college. Their academics among other things such as clubs, sports and overall atmosphere are outstanding. Going into college my first year was scary, but with the help of the instructors at Foothill I was able to make it! Not only are the teachers extremely helpful, but there are many other options of help and tutoring if needed. If you are looking for a Junior College that has great academics, athletics and transfer programs Foothill College is the one for you!

Nhien

Foothill College was the first college I have ever attended and I loved it so much. The library has a bunch of resources that you can borrow free of charge, including supplies such as graphing calculators, which are expensive for most students. The school is on a hill and has a very nice view. Science professors here are the best. The school also offers free tutoring for STEM subjects. Tutors are mostly doctorate who are friendly and knowledgable.

Rebecca

Foothill College: it's a topic that invokes a passionate plug from me anytime I am given the chance. It was at this institution that I realized that, as a past under-achiever, I could succeed in subjects that had once terrified me, math in particular. This was in no small part due to the dedicated professors and world-class tutoring resources available on campus. The tutors and professors alike are more than just that -- they're mentors, even friends, willing to go above and beyond for the students, staying after hours, even corresponding by email or telephone. If it is not already apparent, my love for Foothill College is unchallenged; I am forever an ardent believer in the power of education to turn a person's life around, all thanks to this institution. Thus, to conclude, I will say this: for anyone doubting their intellect and motivation, I would tell them, "Go to Foothill. It will help you realize what's been there all along."

Devaki

Foothill College is a very mellow, wide campus that allows students to take their own paths. It provides a variety of routes, but doesn't push students towards any of them. There are partnerships with Stanford, informative seminars, a newspaper, anthropology club, LGBT clubs, and more, so everyone can find an opportunity and a circle to feel safe in. There is no judgement on campus. Everyone at Foothill College comes with very different backgrounds and experiences -- as a result, students are very accepting and open minded. Every single professor I've had at Foothill has reflected that sense of acceptance and understanding. They teach well, have a comprehensive curriculum, and work for every single student's needs. There are widely available tutoring resources for people who need more support, and the study spaces are plentiful. Foothill College is a calm, safe and helpful place to explore educational opportunities, and build skills.

Bernadette

I think Foothill College is definitely an excellent place to go to study. The college is located amongst the hills, making the atmosphere very serene and organic-- perfect for concentrating on tasks. The professors are of a top quality, most are distinguished doctors in their respective fields. Most of my professors are extremely attentive towards their students taking the time to stick to their regular office-hours and also providing swift email responses outside of those times. It's very easy to make friends with the plethora of gathering activities hosted on campus. Overall, very good value. A good place to enrich your knowledge from a fraction of the cost.

angela

good

Jaskirat

I think this is a really good college that provides collaborative learning environment. The STEM lab tutors are very helpful and are well educated on the topics that they teach. The STEM lab also provides students with free water, coffee and snacks. There is plenty of parking as compare to other colleges I have attended in the past, where parking is always an issue. The main campus is beautiful and there are many places to sit and study if you are an outdoor person. The library provides study rooms, with white boards and the students also have the option of checking out white board markers if they don't already have any of their own. All the teachers I have taken at this school are extremely good at responding back to emails in a timely fashion, I have never had a bad experience with that. However, the location of this college is very inconvenient, there aren't many gas stations near by or fast food restaurants.

Jenna

I have been a student at Foothill for 1 year throughout this year I have enjoyed Foothill College more than any other school I have been to. Foothill College is a beautiful college in a great location. The area is very pricey but Foothill admissions work very hard to make tuition affordable to students. The thing I love about Foothill most is their teachers. Throughout my three quarters at Foothill I have had some of the best teachers I have ever had. All of the teachers are well experienced with a lot of knowledge and make time for their students. Overall Foothill College has many different opportunities for a variety of people.

Phoebe

My experience at Foothill College was a very pleasant one, albeit only because I had the funds to make sure I could afford everything at the store/cafeteria should I need them. The facilities are great, from what little I saw of the science labs, and there is a grand total of one gender-neutral bathroom as I remember it but it's great that there is one at all. The students were all relatively moderate in their standings and didn't seem to be the rioting type. The professors are all really nice and there was only one in my equivalent of two years that I would complain about. It was a nice entry experience into the US college system; the international students received great guidance and orientation upon arriving on campus. There's plenty of counseling available for any student who was having problems, personal or otherwise, and I highly recommend taking that advice--it's part of the price tag.

Veronika

Foothill College is a good small college. Classes are small size so the professors can answer questions during lectures. Campus is really peaceful and in a nice natural setting. The environment is pretty relaxing and great place to study. Library was renovated recently as well so there's plenty of space to find that quiet area and dive into your studies.

Christina

An amazing school with counselors willing to help you strive within the school.

Sonali

Foothill College is a community college and it's a sister college of De Anza. Compared to De Anza, it's so much easier to get classes. Also, the class sizes are small and I alway have the opportunity to get to know the professors. By the end of the quarter, all the professors know my name and recognize me which is beneficial for letters of recommendation in the future. They are a lot of tutoring places to help students succeed such as the STEM center, Teaching and Learning Center, the TORCH program, and many more programs. The negative aspect is that it is not as social as state and university schools. Also, it has an older population. I came straight from high school and I was usually the youngest in my class. Many of my classmates had a bachelors degree degree or were taking prerequisites for a grad program they are planning to do.

Brianna

I love it here! It's a beautiful campus! It is very green everywhere, so I'm always in a good mood at campus, which in turn makes going to class easier. All my professors I've had have been completely understanding as long as you keep the communication going. I also love Foothill's pool and gym!

Anthony

It's a good place to accomplish goals, and it's easy to make friends but only because nobody else is trying to do it. I would say its boringly quiet. the professors have lots of time to help you outside of class and the resources are state of the art. Everything about this school promotes success, the reason transfer rates are low is because we have so many kinds of students who don't intend to transfer. (Emergency Medical Technicians etc.)